Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Re: Funny dream

Postby SDR » Thu 12 May, 2016 02:08 pm

Sounds like it is near the end of the school year. I hear similar (though not dream related) things from Sandee.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 10:37 am

I dreamed that I was at home and had been swimming and was trying to get dressed. (It wasn't my actual home, but you know how that goes in dreams.) As soon as I had my swim suit off, people started walking into my room and I was covering myself with a towel. I'd send them out, and someone else would walk in. What I didn't know was that someone had arranged a big Bingo tournament to be held at my house. Luckily I had a lot of tables set up, so they were able to play, but that didn't solve my problem. Finally I got someone to just hold up a blanket around me so I could get dressed, and when I finally walked out to where the tournament was happening, I found out I'd won. Someone had been playing a card for me. They handed me a big envelope full of money, all the money that everyone had paid to enter the tournament. I protested that I hadn't played, and wouldn't have played because it was gambling, since they had to pay to enter, but I was stuck with the money. So I was excited. I started sorting through it, and found some people had used gift cards to enter, including one for $750 for the Pine Nut Store. (I don't like pine nuts.) But there was a lot of cash, too. That turned out to be a good thing later, when Rocky and I went to visit someone, and he couldn't turn the car around once we got there, so he rammed someone's door while turning around. Somehow the owner caught us, so he confessed, and I gave her money to replace the door out of my envelope of ill-gotten gains.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 11:53 am

So pizza with anchovies last night? ;)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 16 Jun, 2016 01:32 pm

I wish I could pinpoint something I ate to my awesome dreams. I'm not a big evening eater at all, don't usually have much after dinner, and I was up until 11:30 last night (I love summer vacation!) so it had been about five hours since I'd eaten. I did start rolling all the coins from our loose coin jar, though, and I'm sure that's where the envelope of money came from in the dream. The gift card for pine nuts was because I was wondering yesterday if I had a food gift card for my granddaughter to give to her dad for Father's Day, since I'm always the one who encourages that. And the people walking in when I was trying to get dressed is, I'm sure, because I'm feeling too much on display in my new calling in the Relief Society presidency.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 13 Sep, 2016 02:16 pm

I had one the other night that would have been a great story if it hadn't gone off-track at the end. It even would have made a good object lesson or analogy or something except for the pumpkins and cows. Well, you'll see.
I had heard that there were some hungry cows at the top of a mountain road. I cut up some pumpkins at the bottom of the road and put them in a big trash bag and started walking up the hill. It was going to be a long, long walk, several miles, but because I was doing a good deed, God made me able to kind of glide a few inches off the ground, so I could move fast and without getting tired. (I rarely can fly in my dreams anymore, but I do this glide thing a lot.) I fed the cows and all was well.

But then I went to watch the dream over again, since they're usually like movies for me, and this time instead of being able to glide, a nice man came and offered me a ride to the top and then waited while I fed the cows and took me back down again. The message was that sometimes God helps us do amazing things, and other times he sends someone else to help us do them.

Never mind the rewind where I was chopping up actual cows instead of pumpkins.

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 13 Sep, 2016 05:52 pm

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Return to “Main Forum”