Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: Funny dream

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 31 May, 2013 02:22 pm

This dream was not funny. I was staying in a hotel with my family, and my youngest was a toddler. I don't know where everyone else was, but I went down to the lobby to get better cell phone reception, and left Joy in the room. I was only gone a few minutes, but in that time she realized it was naptime, and she remembered that she always took a bath before naptime, so she filled up the tub and climbed in, and then couldn't turn off the water. When I got there she was chest-deep in water and trying to take off her diaper and shoes.

I kept on dreaming of all the possible bad outcomes of leaving a toddler alone. Not pleasant.

Joy was a very resourceful child, though, in real life. One time I was outside talking to a neighbor, and she got hungry. She climbed up on the counter and got down the box of powdered milk and a bowl. Then she climbed up on another counter to get a box of cereal. She mixed up the milk in a cup, put cereal and milk in the bowl, and was eating it when I came in. She was no older than 3 at the time.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 03:47 pm

I actually had a dream the other day! And I told it to my husband, because it was weird.

But, of course, now I can't remember it.

Also, resourceful children scare me.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 02:32 pm

A family in our stake just lost a child due to drowning, the day after I had that dream. An older child had been baptized, and they were having a family party, and all the kids were in the hot tub, and someone noticed the almost-three-year-old floating face down. The medical diagnosis was drowning, even though he was technically still alive after CPR, which I'd never heard before, but he passed away yesterday morning.

SO sad.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 11:26 am

Yesterday I didn't have time to tell about my dreams, and now some of the details are gone, but they were awesome. In the first one, I was part of a group of people trying to hide from zombies. The zombies kept finding us, and our group kept getting smaller and smaller as we fled to new hiding places. Our last stand was in a big pile of boulders. But zombies were afraid of dogs, and a bunch of dogs came to our rescue in the boulders.

At about that point I woke up, but was still sleepy, so I went back to sleep and dreamed about zombies again! Only this time I was one of them. There was a "safe house" for zombies, a big fake McMansion, and all of us were gathering there. I kept finding things inside the house that looked luxurious but were really made of plastic, or gold-painted plaster, or some other cheap substance. And then I realized that some humans had found the house, even though it was supposedly enchanted so they couldn't see it. A group of tourists came in. They didn't recognize that we were zombies, and I was trying to let my fellow zombies know that these were humans without tipping them off. Finally I said to one of the humans, "You are just a very fine HUMAN BEING!" hoping that the zombies would hear me.

It was awesome.

EricDSnider

Postby EricDSnider » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 10:34 pm

I've had three dreams so far in the last couple months in which the night of the Garrens 20th Anniversary Reunion Show (Sept. 14, by the way) has arrived and we are not prepared. This is comforting, in a way, because I used to have those dreams when the Garrens were performing every week and the operation was running smoothly. So I take it as a sign that the reunion show (Sept. 14, in the JSB Auditorium at BYU, more details to come) will be just like old times.

In the most recent dream, I diverted attention from our unpreparedness by setting off a bomb in the audience. Keepin' that card up my sleeve just in case.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:47 am

EricDSnider wrote:In the most recent dream, I diverted attention from our unpreparedness by setting off a bomb in the audience. Keepin' that card up my sleeve just in case.

Could you let me know where in the audience so I can govern my seat selection accordingly? Thanks.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:32 am

I LOVE that you are doing a Garrens 20th Anniversary Reunion Show! I wish I could be there for it! Must find a way to get to Utah in September...
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 11:22 am

I actually had a dream last night that I remembered. I was driving and got into a car accident (it didn't seem that serious in the dream) and the other driver got out and wrote down all her information and how much damage she thought had happened and how much she thought she was owed, then she left. The police didn't come, but my insurance person, who happened to be Katie Couric, came out to survey the scene and my car. Then later I was thinking I should go back to school and finish my degree, but I really didn't want to because I didn't want to do any homework or write any papers. I was relieved to wake up and remember I already had my degree and I didn't have to go back to school or write research papers.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 09:53 am

I dreamed that I had a chicken. She just ran loose in the yard, and one day I found four eggs kind of half-buried. I didn't know if they were hers or if they were snake eggs, so I cut one open to see, and sure enough, it was a half-formed baby chick. So I re-buried the rest of the eggs, hoping we'd get more chickens, although I didn't know why we would want more, unless we were going to kill the mama and eat her, which I would have to be really, really hungry to do. That got me thinking about food storage, and I made a mental inventory of all the stuff I have stored, which will help me in real life. But then I realized that we had not been feeding the chicken. She had shared Andy's food, but now that he's dead, so we don't feed him any more, we hadn't thought about her. Apparently she had found plenty of bugs to eat, but I still felt bad.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 09:56 am

Chickens that forage for bugs and other stuff are the tastiest anyway :)
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 06:13 pm

Momma S, I dreamed last night that you had Nathan Fillion come stay at your house and I told Beth (who I don't even know in real life or fb life or anything) that you were so lucky!

(Try not to be creeped out that you were in one of my dreams)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 07:28 pm

Not creeped out at all. Dream about me whenever you want!
I wouldn't mind having Nathan Fillion stay at my house at all. He's the poor man's Jason Bateman, and is almost as cute.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 28 Oct, 2013 02:06 pm

I dreamed the other night that I went to some island with my husband on a business trip, and a young couple that we knew went, too, and took their autistic son. I'm not sure which of the kids at my school he was supposed to be; maybe a combination. Anyway, Queen Elizabeth was also there. At one point we went on a small boat to another island, but the parents of the boy had gone somewhere else to relax and just left the boy with me, without even telling me, and he punched the Queen in the stomach. I can still see her sitting there in the corner of the boat, all dignified and imperturbable.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 07 Nov, 2013 11:16 am

I dreamed this morning that I had woken up early and decided to do some housework, and then forgot that I had to go to work. I have that kind of dream frequently, so much that I feel like it has happened, but I know it hasn't. Anyway, it was about 8:30, and I was freaking out about being an hour and a half late, and I didn't have a car. At first I got in Rocky's work car, and then I noticed that it had snowed and the roads were all slippery, so I kind of erased that part from the dream and just called a neighbor to ask for a ride. (Rocky could seriously get fired if I drove his car and got in an accident.) When I got to work I realized it was 8:30 at night, and that I had NOT forgotten to go to work, I had just fallen asleep in the evening and woke up right away. So then I had to find a ride home. Three teenage boys came to get me, for some reason, and they were teasing and harassing me as if I was a nerdy high school girl. But one of them had a really cool big dog that didn't like his owner, so he played dead until I got there, and then he got up and came home with me because he loved me.

And then I woke up, and it was early enough that I was able to exercise before getting ready for work! But I still don't have a dog.

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Sun 10 Nov, 2013 08:34 am

I just woke up from a dream where my husband and I traveled to Russia with our 15 year old son so he could go to college there, despite not knowing the language AT ALL. And we were just going to leave him there. What was I thinking???

I blame the Russia part on watching an alien invasion movie set in Russia last night.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:22 pm

I dreamed I broke my Kindle Fire and I was trying to push it back together.

My dreams are really mundane.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 12 Nov, 2013 02:19 pm

I dreamed there was a big fire at church, and most of the people evacuated the building, but a group of about 50 had an impromptu meeting in the cultural hall to decide whose fault the fire was, and I had to go in and tell then in very unkind terms that they were freaking morons who were going to burn to death very soon if they didn't get out of there. I assume the dream means something, but I'm not sure what.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 12 Nov, 2013 02:31 pm

That sounds like some of the parents at my school, who would rather stand here and demand to know who hit him/gave her lice/pushed him off the swings/spread germs to her than take the child home or to the doctor, as needed. Seriously, one time a kid fell off the monkey bars and broke BOTH wrists, and he's sitting here crying while his mom tries to find out who pushed him. Because someone HAD to have pushed him; he'd never have fallen by himself.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 12 Nov, 2013 02:52 pm

I had a long, convoluted dream about going to visit my in-laws, but I forgot to call in to say I wouldn't be at work. What is with me lately, dreaming that I'm forgetting about work? Anyway, at one point we were at the airport, and I needed to use the restroom, but it was some foreign airline that maintained the restrooms. Right inside the door was an Australian man using a Dyson vacuum, and he told me I couldn't go in until he finished vacuuming up the mustard. Then I saw that all the stalls had the doors removed, and it was a co-ed restroom, and there were big burly men standing around. I turned to leave, and said, "Homey don't pee in front of men," and they all laughed and jeered at me.

I also seem to dream nearly every night that I'm out in public in my underwear, or shirtless. I must be feeling vulnerable, or maybe exhibitional.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 22 Nov, 2013 10:04 am

I thought I had a revelation in my last dream this morning. It was one of those that we all have, that we're back in school and haven't been to class or whatever. Mine vary a lot, but a fairly common theme seems to be that I can't remember where my classes are. In this one I knew where it was, but they were doing construction on campus , and after walking up a huge flight of stairs, at the top it was all roped off. At that point I thought, "This is why I keep having these dreams! It's that life is always too hard for me!" It makes me laugh now that I'm awake.

Return to “Main Forum”