Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Funny dream

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 10:00 am

I just want to tell someone about my dream last night. It was full of intrigue and espionage, like most of my dreams, but there are two elements that I want to tell you. In my dream I had an irresistable urge to post things on the message board, even though it was dangerous to me, and one of the things was "I have discovered the key to time travel." Of course when I posted that, the bad guys read it and then they knew, so it didn't help me any more to have discovered it. And then one of the bad ladies, who I wasn't SURE was bad, but it seemed pretty obvious (as usual, it was like a movie) was talking to me and said I had an abcess in my throat, and she needed to fix it for me, with a steak knife. So I let a known enemy stick a steak knife in my throat. Luckily I figured it out and did my time travel and went back to before I said she could do it. Time travel is a very handy thing.

KareNin

Dream Weaver

Postby KareNin » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 10:46 am

Momma, you have the coolest freakin' dreams. The really neat part is that you can remember details and retell your dreams. It's frustrating to have an interesting dream, but when I try to recall it, it sorta wafts away and I trail off, like I don't remem--OOOH! Shiny Thing!

Can somebody tell me what it means when you dream that you have a loose tooth, or loose teeth? I've heard that it's a very common thing to dream.

So, was this post, telling about dreaming that you had discovered the key to time travel, the post that you made and the bad guys saw? You probably should watch out for ladies with steak knives at work today, Momma. Now I'm all worried and stuff.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 11:14 am

Momma I copied and pasted your dream into an online dream analyzer. The results:

Words like key: Solution. Access. Mystery will be solved. Peace and happiness in the home.

Words like time: Irreversible. Continuity. Arrival or departure of feelings. Organizing your inner self.

Words like travel: Journey. Freedom. Change. Change in attitude.

Words like talking: Conversation. Communication. Seeking for a way to express something.

Words like throat: It shows considerable powers of imagination and signifies a successful venture.

Words like enemy: Troubles. Ready to act.Awareness.

Words like back: Changes in life. Family arguments. Approaching money.

KareNin-I also typed in loose tooth and loose teeth. Results:

Words like teeth: Independence. Nourishment and communication. Seeking more power and independence.

They had nothing for loose. I guess loose means loose therefore,I guess, loose teeth means:

Loose Independence. Loose nourishment and communication. Seeking more loose power and loose independence.

I guess.

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 11:53 am

I don't put much stock in these things, but I did pick up a "dreams analyzed" book one time that said that dreaming about loose teeth or teeth falling out means that you have a guilty conscience about something.

FWIW,
Chad

Juice

Postby Juice » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:59 pm

Besides the part about getting stabbed in the throat with a steak knife, that sounds pretty entertaining for a dream. As for my dream last night, it involved my older sister being good friends with John Rhys-Davies and introducing me to him. But he was groggy from a long flight and needed his wisdom teeth pulled, so I didn't say much to him but was inwardly wondering how I could get him to be in a film adaptation of Lloyd Alexander's Prydain books.
"I'd like to send every one of them to an island somewhere . . . wrapped in heavy chains. Do you know why I don't? Compassion. I have too much compassion. And that's why I'm a wreck." -- Judge Maxwell, What's Up, Doc?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:45 pm

I dream about loose teeth now and then, but I think it just means that I know I need to make a dentist appointment. Sometimes the Dream Analyzers get a little more complicated than they need to be, in my opinion. Like they say if you dream about houses, you're really dreaming about yourself, and I think that could easily be true sometimes, but I think I dream about houses because I'm fascinated by houses. (Or maybe I'm fascinated by houses because I dream about them a lot...) I often dream that we live in a new, huge house, and that there are rooms that I didn't know we had or forgot about. That could mean that I have hidden personality stuff that I need to bring to the surface, but it feels more like I just wish I had more rooms in my house.

gamma_helix

Postby gamma_helix » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 03:27 pm

John Rhys-Davies might make a good Coll. If he were bald, of course.

I had an interesting dream the other night. Maybe if I remember what it was about, I'll post it.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 04:01 pm

I dreamed the other night that my wife and I went back to the singles ward we met in, but it was very different and Emma Caulfield was the music leader for sacrament and nicolas Brendan was there, too. odd.

ImAdhis

To tell the tooth...

Postby ImAdhis » Mon 23 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm

KareNin wrote:Can somebody tell me what it means when you dream that you have a loose tooth, or loose teeth? I've heard that it's a very common thing to dream.

I have those dreams every so often. They seem to be dreamt mostly by women.

I've read before that it symbolizes a desire for pregnancy or babies.

For me, the tooth dream is a nightmare/fear of mine because my mother lost a couple of teeth when she was pregnant with me. (I hound my dentist with questions and concerns on my visits.)

Signed,
The Calcium Vampire :evilbat:

InOregon

Postby InOregon » Tue 24 Feb, 2004 08:54 am

I had a dream a week ago that I was riding a motorcycle on the freeway, and a flatbed truck with a huge child's playhouse on the bed pulled up next to me. Before I knew what was happening, the truck took over my lane and the playhouse fell on me. I wasn't hurt, but I was standing on the side of the freeway, dazed. A car pulled up and a family from my ward came up and said, "You're covered with baby Black Widow spiders!!" and started slapping the snot out of me to kill them. In my mind, I was thinking, "Is getting bitten by baby Black Widow spiders really worse than getting smacked by the Bells?"

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:08 am

InOregon wrote: "Is getting bitten by baby Black Widow spiders really worse than getting smacked by the Bells?"

Ah, A question pondered by many. Quazimoto, in particular.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:40 am

InOregon, that's a good one! Did you feel all creepy when you woke up, because of the spiders (or the Bells)?

Juice

Postby Juice » Tue 24 Feb, 2004 01:52 pm

gamma_helix wrote:John Rhys-Davies might make a good Coll. If he were bald, of course.

I actually was thinking of him playing King Smoit. Give him red hair and he'd be perfect.
"I'd like to send every one of them to an island somewhere . . . wrapped in heavy chains. Do you know why I don't? Compassion. I have too much compassion. And that's why I'm a wreck." -- Judge Maxwell, What's Up, Doc?

InOregon

Postby InOregon » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:18 pm

Momma Snider wrote:InOregon, that's a good one! Did you feel all creepy when you woke up, because of the spiders (or the Bells)?

Actually, when I woke up, I didn't feel creepy at all. The dream even made perfect sense to me. In fact, I thought about it all morning until I went to church and saw the Bells. I said, "Hey! I had a dream about you guys last night!" I told them the dream, which sounded more and more bizarre as it came out of my mouth, and they backed away from me. Slowly. With wide eyes. Later Sister Bell walked up and smacked me several times as a joke. Ow.

Sister Bell was in another of my dreams: she came to my house to teach me to cook, something that I actually do quite well, so I was very irritated with her. She was not a very good cook (in my dream) and kept ruining everything she made. She finally had three cookies turn out well and my kids tried to take them and she slapped their hands and said, "Those are for your mother!!"

I told her about that dream and we laughed and laughed. We still laugh. In fact, a while ago, she brought a meal to my family and actually dropped it in my driveway and ruined the whole thing. We laugh about that, too. Oh, the fun I have with the Bells. Except when they are smacking me. Ow.

Oh, and Mark, the Quasimodo remark KILLED me.

smeetuffe

Postby smeetuffe » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:49 pm

How's this for wacky? Maybe it was from reading a DVD review of Junior, but recently I had a dream that I got myself pregnant. It's the only vividly memorable dream I've had. I was all upset, because I was saving myself for marriage but had one moment of weakness. I suppose it's true, it only takes one time to get a man pregnant. I was quite confused because it meant that the egg did a whole lot of travelling to meet up with my fellows. In fact, it was a difficult to talk about, but I went to my preacher's wife to ask her, and in my tears and frustration, I asked, "How in blazes did theegg travel up the urethra???" (Yes, there were three question marks in my voice, not just one.) I didn't hear her response for me, because that's where the dream more or less ended.

I woke up a little distraught till I remembered that eggs don't do a whole lot of travelling.

Unfortunately, I don't have my dream book with me. But it mentioned at some point that how you feel when you wake up from a dream and how it coincides or contrasts with the tenor of the dream itself is important to reading the dream. Alls I know is that I am going to start some birth control in case eggs and sperm change their mobility traits. Even if I don't plan on any moments of weakness, the pills will be helpful with my acne (in case that ever returns).
"Pretty isn't beautiful... Pretty is what changes. What the eye arranges is what is beautiful."

-Sundayinthe Park with George

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu 26 Feb, 2004 02:01 pm

InOregon wrote:Oh, and Mark, the Quasimodo remark KILLED me.

Thanks. It's good to know that made someone else laugh too.

lahimatoa

Postby lahimatoa » Thu 26 Feb, 2004 03:01 pm

smeetuffe wrote:Alls I know is that I am going to start some birth control in case eggs and sperm change their mobility traits

Weirded out. :shock:
Space Captainface! Pretender of the galaxies! He's all-the-ways having space cocktails with hot '60s-looking girls!

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:33 pm

My dream isn't so much funny, as odd, I guess. I dreamed that Jeff blocked me from the message board and I could get into the menu that lets you decide if you want to go to the regular message board or the technical problems with the site board, but no further. the screen darkened and froze and I was mildly hurt. I couldn't even figure out what i'd done wrong and couldn't access the board or my PMs to figure it out. I think I'm a little too addicted to this place.

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm

During the day on Saturday I got a piece of glass stuck in my foot, and it started to bleed. No big whoop.

But that night I dreamed that I did it again, and when I looked at my foot it looked like Momma Sniders after her surgery. (Where is that photo, by the way?)

Marmie was there, and I told her that this was, in fact, Momma Snider's foot. She then got upset at me that I had taken something from "that dear Sister Snider" and that I should be ashamed of myself.

Just thought I'd share.

whea-wix

Postby whea-wix » Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:16 pm

I had a (pregnancy induced) dream this weekend that the school at which I teach started making the staff do math worksheets. For the life of me, I could not figure out my worksheet. Seriously, these were the hardest, three-column subtraction problems I have ever seen! I was so mad in my dream that I almost quit my job.
Nothing against it; I've just never got in the habit, like racquetball or methamphetamines. ~The Know-it-All

Return to “Main Forum”