Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: Funny dream

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 18 Dec, 2012 12:56 pm

I have been working SO HARD on eating right. I have passed up an awful lot of goodies in the past several weeks, including yesterday, to keep my calorie count down. So last night I dreamed that it was dinnertime yesterday, and I had been very good all day, which was true, and then someone gave me a huge plate heaped high with a dish made of corn tortillas and cheese, and I ate and ate and ate. I was thinking the whole time what a shame it was that I had been so careful and now I was blowing it, but I still kept eating and eating.

I was glad to wake up from THAT one!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 29 Jan, 2013 01:20 pm

Last night's dream wasn't funny AT ALL except when I think of the situation. I had a boyfriend, who happened to be a guy I dated when I was at BYU named Ross Stephenson, and he was about to go on a mission, and we were planning to get married when he got back. But then I remembered that I'm already married to Rocky, and I don't want to plan on him dying or something in the next 2 or 3 years, so I told Ross that he should go ahead and marry someone else, and if we're both still alive after our spouses have died, we can reconsider marrying each other.

I think I made the right choice!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:01 pm

Well, sure, but it's always a Smart Idea®™ to have a back-up plan in place, if the opportunity presents itself. ;-)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 07 Feb, 2013 10:09 am

This morning I dreamed that Rocky and I were driving somewhere, and there was a motorcycle race going on. We were stopped at a red light and watching them pass, and one was pulling a trailer and going over jumps, and the trailer was bouncing 10 feet in the air. It was amazing. Then the light changed, and we started to go. There was a police car on our left and another car on our right, and they both started to merge, and Rocky tried to get ahead of them, but he clipped the other car. So the officer put on his lights, and we pulled over. He moved over into the passenger seat and pulled out a portable desk, put on a wig, and lit a cigarette. He talked to Rocky first, and then he called me over, and said, "I'm your attorney." Then he basically started trying to convince me that I'd been hurt in the accident and we should sue someone. When I was hesitant, he said, "Or maybe it's that the little lady wasn't properly secured," meaning that it was my fault I was hurt. I told him I had my seatbelt on, but he was going to say I wasn't unless I agreed to sue and let him represent me.

And it was funny.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 02:00 pm

Awesome dream this morning! This one could be made into a book and then a movie, if I were Stephenie Meyer. Alas, I'm not. But this dream was actually supposed to be a movie when it first started. There was a young woman who was following a little boy, and she ended up at his birthday party. Several years later, she appeared again, looking exactly the same, and he recognized her and knew she had some kind of nefarious purpose. They went back to the house where the party had been, and everything was still exactly the same, only dusty and musty. It was obvious that the party had ended abruptly and no one had been in the house since. There were plants and pets still alive, so we knew they were evil. Somehow I figured out that the bad people and the bad plants and pets were only bad if they were wet, including if they got sweaty, so when they attacked, we were trying to find dry stuff to throw on them. We found a flour barrel and scooped up bowls full of flour to throw on them, and that calmed them down.

Later on, several of us were driving to the beach, including the young man who had had the birthday party in the first place. We got pulled over by the police, and I was afraid the guy was going to be obnoxious, so I threw some flour on him. But then it turned out the police were corrupt, and they started beating him up, so I shook up a bottle of soda (I think) and sprayed it all over them, and I threw flour on my friend so he'd be strong enough to defend himself.

And I think that was all. But it was a good one!

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 08:57 am

What a coincidence Momma! I came in here to post my dream from last night, with apoligies to our beloved spegs, because my subconscious used her characters without her consent. In really, really awful ways. Sorry!

My dream was a spinoff mini-series called The Cullens (only available on Amazon Prime for download). It was just Carlisle (played by Peter Facinelli) and Esme (Elizabeth Reaser) in a prequel of Twilight, at a time when they lived alone from the rest of the Cullens. This particular episode had them, and a bunch of other vampires, making an amusement park in the forest, all from wood, with crazy thrill rides that had to be super fast to excite the immortal, super strong and fast vampires. But, Carlisle and Esme were, very off. They kept talking about like, bandwidth limits, and his hair was too long, and in a wimpy little ponytail. She was dressed very Maid Marion, and he was very Robin Hood, except for a weird purple top hat. Then, Carlisle and Esme had to go engage in an exhibition boxing match, against really cheesy-looking CGI Shrek and Fiona, made out of bushes. Right as Carlisle is very over-theatrically winding up for his first punch on leafy Shrek, my husband woke me up to get ready for work.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 09:46 am

That's a good one!

Side note: I really don't think Carlisle is good-looking at all. To me he looks too much like Corey Feldman. And of course I don't think Robert Pattinson was a good choice for "beautiful" Edward. To me he's almost ugly.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 02:15 pm

Wow, I wish I had fun dreams like you two have! Those are both so interesting, and the detail you remember from them really surprises me. Most of my dreams are not vivid at all, and as soon as I wake up, I struggle to recall what the dream was about, even in a very general sense.

Lucky. You guys get entertained for free while you sleep. I just get snuggled by dogs and awakened by my ancient, worn-out body parts... :(

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 10:29 am

Usually my dreams involve getting a terror filled call from the school or the daycare that they can't find my son, or going into his room at night to check on him and he isn't there, or being in a crowd and he's pulled away from me and carried off. So honestly I was thrilled to have one with vampires on roller coasters, and boxing shrubbery Shreks.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 01:44 pm

Great name for a band, too... Boxing Shrubbery Shreks.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 08 Mar, 2013 11:08 am

I dreamed that I was the younger sister of Annette Funicello. I know you youngsters don't even know who she is, but she was one of the original Mouseketeers from Mickey Mouse Club. She then was a teenage idol, appearing is such movies as Beach Blanket Bingo in daring yet wholesome two-piece bathing suits. She was several years older than I was (still is) and for years now has been suffering from MS.

Anyway, in my dream, she was still the Mouseketeer, and little girl fans kept hanging around our hotel room, hoping for a glimpse of her. I looked a lot like her, so when I would go outside, they would all start screaming until they saw it was me and not Annette. One of them asked me, "Why aren't you as pretty as Annette?" I told her I really couldn't figure that out, either, and I started comparing Annette's features to my own. Everything was identical, and Annette had more wrinkles, but somehow she was definitely prettier than I was. It didn't bother me, just made me curious.

And then the Church rented a limo to take all of us to a meeting, but I wouldn't get in until I had collected all my snacks.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 04:59 pm

So I dreamed about Annette Funicello exactly one month before she died! Coincidence? I think NOT. I think we were secretly in tune, even if the only thing we ever had in common is very heavy eyebrows in adolescence.

Last night I dreamed that there was a former Southern Baptist who joined the church and was marrying a couple who had a young child. During the ceremony he went into great detail about their absolute adherence to the Law of Chastity, and I was about 10 years old, watching it, and I kept wondering how he was going to explain their child. But I woke up, so he never did.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 07:26 pm

Well, this wasn't a dream, but it involves Annette Funicello.

Last week, on Thursday afternoon, Tom and I made a stop at the local library (The Wagnalls Memorial Library--Eric has actually seen it as he drove past in his Very Old Geo Prizm).

Anyway, I was looking in Biographies, and I saw a book about Annette. I didn't check it out, but I distinctly thought to myself, "Hmmm, I haven't heard anything about Annette Funicello for quite a while. I wonder how she is doing lately, with the MS..."

I'm kind of sorry I found out so soon after wondering. But I'm very glad she is free of her body again.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:53 pm

Awesome dream this morning! I was married to Superman, or at least "in a relationship," and we were deeply in love. The bad guys were going to new gravesites and defacing the headstones, changing the names to gang-related nicknames. Very disrespectful. So Superman and I were trying to catch them in the act, so we'd watch obituaries. (Oh, and he wasn't the Christopher Reeve Superman, he looked more like Kris Kristofferson. But I loved him anyway.) After we had a big action scene at one site, he had to go. We could hardly bear to say goodbye, or so I thought. Then he told me he had to use the pay phone, and kind of snuck out after that. I realized that the movie was over, and that's why our relationship had to end, and I said, "Even to be with him again, I will NOT participate in Superman V!" I got on my motorcycle to ride home, but the bad guys caught me and were going to cut off my fingers and commit other painful means of torture, but then I realized that I was a witch, too, so I flew away.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:31 pm

Awesome!
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 May, 2013 01:41 pm

I dreamed that I went to visit KareNin. She lived in a HUGE house, kind of like a warehouse with rooms, and in fact the master bedroom used to be a car dealer showroom. I was wandering the halls looking for a bathroom, and found one but the water wasn't working, so one had to go in a five-gallon bucket, and ew, no. (This in not a reflection on my feelings about KareNin, but rather a reflection of the fact that I needed to wake up and go to the real bathroom. My dream-mind always makes the bathroom unusable in some way, either dirty or non-functioning or sometimes just no hole in the toilet. I'm sure that's my subconscious's way of not allowing me to think I can let loose while I'm asleep.) So I kept wandering the halls and came to a big reception room that looked like a restaurant, and there were pictures on the wall of Elton John and Johnny Depp and President Lyndon Johnson, and KareNin told me they had actually been there.

The dream was relatively plotless, but it was fun to think I got to visit her.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:03 am

I keep dreaming about big interesting houses without sufficient plumbing. Last night it was an old bed and breakfast that I was visitiing, and it was all spooky and dusty and cluttered, and there was a lot of reconstruction going on, so the only working restrooms were way in back, at the top of a cliff above the ocean. Some girls couldn't wait for an available toilet, so they jumped into the ocean to pee. There were dolphins in the area, and the girls decided to kill them and sell them in cans, like tuna. But the dolphins turned the tables on them and instead killed THEM and put them in cans, and the narrator said, "You can buy this brand at Target!"

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:51 am

Now THAT'S an ecologically sound dream!

Um, I mean... Wow.

I do have a recurring theme in most of the dreams I remember, too, Momma, and it may interest you to know that it is a similar theme as yours with the non-functioning bathrooms.

I frequently am dreaming away, when I realize I need to go to the bathroom. In the dream, I find the Ladies Room, and there are usually many, many stalls, like in a big locker room or an airport Ladies Room. But of the stalls that are not occupied, there is always some reason I can't use it--usually, the toilet has been taken up out of the floor, supposedly to be replaced, but was never replaced. Sometimes it's just a stall with a sink for washing my hands, but there is no toilet. Sometimes, all of the stalls are open, like there are no doors or privacy, but for some reason or other, I can't find a suitable place to go pee. So I wake up, and (no surprise here)
sure enough, I gotta go. And I am grateful that I have a nice, functioning toilet. In both of my bathrooms, in case you ever do come to visit me. ;-)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:20 pm

That is good to know!

Laura dreamed night before last that she was talking to Boyd K Packer, and he told her he had a feeling he'd be president of the Church soon. She started crying, because that meant President Monson was going to die, and then she was afraid she'd made him feel bad, like she didn't want him to be president.

One day later Sister Monson dies, and now President Monson isn't going to want to stick around any longer than he has to. Darn dreams.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 24 May, 2013 09:25 am

I didn't sleep well because of a headache, which is very unusual for me these days, but at some point after I took some tylenol I slept long enough to have a fun dream. We were having kind of a family reunion with all our kids and Rocky's siblings and their families. Lots of unrelated details, like I was giving Jeff's kids haircuts but kept losing the scissors. I smashed my wedding ring finger in a machine of some sort, and it broke off the diamonds, so I needed to go to my sister-in-law's office to get an envelope and tape to wrap up the diamonds in so I didn't lose them. I guess I didn't know an alarm was set (it was night) and I tripped over something and dropped the tennis ball I was holding, and it bounced up and into one of those old vacuum tubes that move mail from one floor to another, like in Elf.

Well, that tripped the alarm. The floor under the desk tipped up and made me fall down, and I could see some black dogs who had been alerted by my fall, and they came running over. They didn't bark, just came and surrounded me. I curled up in a ball with my arms over my head, even though I didn't REALLY believe that a dog would bite me, dog lover that I am, and waited for someone to come. While I was waiting, I slowly started to peek at the dogs, and soon realized that they were all sweet dogs, some of them puppies, and I started scratching their ears. When the police came in response to the alarm, I was just frolicking on the floor with all those dogs.

I smiled when I woke up.

Return to “Main Forum”