Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: Funny dream

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 12:46 am

Long, drawn-out dreams last night and this morning. I won't tell you all the details, but in the first part, Jesus had come to earth again, but had only made himself known to a few people. I was one of them, and I could hardly wait for my husband to meet him, but when they met, Rocky didn't recognize Jesus because he wasn't meant to.

But then there was a war going on, and a battle was going to be fought right near our house. They shipped the soldiers into town the night before. I had a Liahona-type thing that told me what I was supposed to do. It was a glass pitcher full of water, and I had to look into it to see my orders. I kept it up in a tree. So I got it down, and saw that I was supposed to get one of the enemy soldiers to sit on an outdoor toilet in the marketplace, and while he was thus incapacitated, I was supposed to throw fruit at him. I managed all that just fine. Then the soldiers, ours and theirs, all left for the battle, and I had to hide in the library, but people who didn't bother to listen to the broadcast warnings to hide kept wandering in and out, drawing attention to my hiding place.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 03 Feb, 2014 11:11 am

I just remembered a funny dream I had a few months ago. It was just before our stake was split in September, and as of the Wednesday before, I still didn't know whether we'd be having dinner for the two general authorities at my house or not. That part was real. So I dreamed that they came to our house in jeans, and that made me feel better, more like my house would be elegant enough after all. Then we walked to the place where the conference was going to be, and I was dressed like the Queen. I walked in all royally and regally and dignified and stood before my subjects. Then someone came up behind me and whispered that I had pooped my pants and it was all over the back of my gown. She walked behind me as I royally and regally turned and walked out of the room.

Do you think maybe I feel a touch of social awkwardness and inadequacy?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:38 pm

I think I figured out why I seem to dream so much and remember so many of them. My Fitbit tracks sleep habits, and it shows that I wake up an average of 16 times every night. Every time I wake up, I remember what I was dreaming at the time, and if I stay awake for a few minutes, I kind of rerun it in my mind (if I liked it) so I remember when I wake up in the morning.

Waking up that many times also explains why, if you leave me alone, I will sleep for nine hours and 20 minutes. I obviously don't get that much sleep on weeknights.

Susannah

Postby Susannah » Sun 02 Mar, 2014 12:57 am

I miss you guys.

I keep a dream journal on my phone because they make me chuckle later on.
One of my recent weird dreams:

Was on a flight with several members of my family, but we were spread out. The flight attendants were German and everyone else on the flight was German. They kept making announcements in German, and I kept trying to find someone who spoke English to help me translate. The flight was delayed so I decided to get up and wander. The line for the one bathroom was really long, and I decided to stand in it. I walked to the back of the plane and started to cross the back row of people. Because of the lack of leg room, I started walking on the top of the back of the chairs. One man was holding an infant and told me, in German, to be quiet or I'll wake the baby. I told him loudly, in English, that I'm sorry, but I just don't remember enough German to understand him. The baby woke up when I got to bathroom line. The man was trying to rock the baby while seated in his cramped airplane seat, so I offered to rock the baby. He quickly handed the baby to me. For several minutes I was racking my brain, trying to remember how to talk about sleeping in German. Schlaf! Schlaf!
Then I woke up.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sun 02 Mar, 2014 12:03 pm

That was awesome, Susannah! And we miss you, too!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:46 am

I couldn't wake up this morning. I was dreaming that I went to visit my aunt, and I'd forgotten to tell her I was coming, but it turned out my daughters were there and she was coloring their hair. (She doesn't do hair, and my girls don't color theirs, so I don't know where that came from.) Then I had to go to the bathroom. I tried to go at her house, but it wouldn't come out, so I knew I was asleep. I went to a mall nearby, hoping that would help, but their toilet was a pay toilet, and I refused to use it. Then I went into a restaurant, but their restroom was a family-style, and there were kids taking baths in it. Another one was a fish pond, and I considered peeing there, but decided that wasn't good for the fish, so I didn't. I went back to my aunt's house, told myself to wake up, and tried again, saying, "I know I'm awake now!" But it still wouldn't work, and I reminded myself that I was not in my bathroom, where I'd be if I really was awake. Over and over again, I'd tell myself to wake up, and I'd think I was awake until I couldn't pee, and then I'd realize it was not my bathroom. I knew my alarm was about to go off, and I was wishing it would hurry up, because I couldn't wake myself up. Finally it did, I made it to the bathroom, and everything was fine.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 11:59 am

I had a dream this morning that bad guys had attacked the church building we went to when I was a kid (the Almond building, for those of you who are familiar). I was with my brother Lane (who is also a co-worker) and another guy we work with. I found a magic bow and arrow and was told that they would save us. So I started shooting at the bad guys, but I was a terrible archer, so all the arrows missed. So I slung the bow over my shoulder, and the three of us accepted our fate. We reached out and held hands, like the toys do on Toy Story 3 when they think they are heading into the incinerator, as the bad guys charged towards us with murder in their eyes. But then they ran right past us. It turns out that the bow made me invisible, and because Lane and BJ were touching me, they were invisible too.

I got woken up before I found out if I used my invisibility to kill the bad guys, but I assume I did.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:22 pm

I love invisibility! That's right up there with the ability to fly, if I got to choose a superpower.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:26 pm

I dreamed that I was taking all my kids to the beach as a surprise. They were all still little. Now I want to go to the beach, and I want my kids to all be home with me again. I'll get over that when it's time to cook dinner tonight, though, and then do the dishes. Not completely, but it will be a small compensation for being a lonely old woman.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 09 May, 2014 10:11 am

Last night I dreamed that I went to my boss's house for dinner, and her DILs family were all there, too, to see the new baby and the three-year-old. The 3yo liked me a lot, and I decided to take her for a ride (in the boss' car, which had a leaky roof, as it happens) and I was gone for an hour and a half, and when I got back, it was her bedtime, so the relatives who had come from afar didn't even get a chance to play with her. I kept apologizing, but no one would even acknowledge it until finally one of them said, "I'm glad you're sorry." My boss wouldn't even be in the same room with me, and I wondered what would happen when I came to work this morning. It actually took me a few seconds after I woke up to realize I hadn't done anything horrible like that.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 09 May, 2014 12:25 pm

The opposite of a funny dream, unless you mean funny as crazy in the head:

I had a dream recently where I'd killed someone long ago (not sure who the victim was) and had buried / hidden the body away. I felt bad, but was too scared of the punishment to confess (which makes perfect sense in and of itself). Someone was doing some digging and found the body and apparently some sort of statute of limitations in dreamland had passed so I got away with it and "sheepishly" admitted it was my doing to someone.

In similar fashion to the immediately previous post, it took me a few minutes after I woke up to think it through and realize that it was *not* a memory I'd successful suppressed for years and I have in fact not killed anyone. Or I'm still very successfully suppressing, but I'm pretty sure it's the former.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 09 May, 2014 01:33 pm

I had one like that years ago, not killing someone but just as bad, or almost. I woke up from a nap and suddenly remembered this horrible thing I had done years before, and was just sick about it. I finally figured out that if I had done it, there would have been repercussions, and I wouldn't have ever done it in the first place. But it didn't feel like a recent dream at all. I think I had had it more than once, in various forms, and had blocked it out, and for some reason it had surfaced.

I really think that might be the source of some of the "repressed memory" things that come out in therapy, when the molester/murderer/bad guy honestly has no idea where it came from.

But I hate those dreams, except I love realizing it didn't really happen.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 04 Nov, 2014 03:14 pm

I haven't talked about my dreams lately. This morning I dreamed that I was at my grandma's apartment with my kids, who were little. (In real life my grandma didn't live in an apartment, and she died in 1983, and my kids are grown up, but whatever.) I took them to the grocery store to buy Grandma some groceries, and one thing I bought was an entire shopping cart full of shredded chicken -- no packaging, just a cart full o' chicken. We went out to the parking lot, and I was letting Joy, the three-year-old, push the cart, and she let go of it and it rolled down the lot and into the street, which was a busy highway, and several cars ran into it. I told my kids, "We have to get out of here!" and we ran back inside the apartment so no one would know we were responsible.

Hey, way to teach my kids to accept consequences, Mom!

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 04 Nov, 2014 10:24 pm

Worse. Dream. Mother. Ever.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 26 Jan, 2015 10:59 am

I dreamed that Jeff and Beth bought a big fancy luxury condo in a great big ol’ city, and Jeff started a beautician business. He did hair color and nails there in the condo. I was visiting, and he needed lemons to do a hair color job, so I offered to go to the store, but there were no stores nearby. I asked him where one was, and he didn’t know because he and Bethy always went back to Eagle Mountain to do their grocery shopping. So I walked and walked, and it was all apartment buildings. I finally went inside one and knocked on a door and asked, “Can you either tell me where the nearest grocery store is, or a lemon tree, or do you have any lemons I can borrow?” They did, and they gave me about five lemons. As I was walking back, I got really tired, and a professional football player came along and carried me up a bunch of stairs.

Then I went on Dancing With The Stars and did my Beat It dance.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 26 Jan, 2015 11:14 am

I had a dream this morning that really seemed like I should be able to write into a story, although when I try to tell it, I'm sure it won't hold up. There was a woman who had a husband and a three-year-old daughter, and she decided she didn't want them anymore. (This is because of a Forensic Files we watched recently, where the dad pushed his wife and little child off a cliff.) She wasn't a killer, though, so she found a place where she could get little plastic figurines, like on a wedding cake. In fact, she took them off an actual wedding cake, come to think of it. Then she put the husband and child figures into a Barbie car and threw it off a cliff and went on with her life.

She went on with her life and eventually decided she wanted a husband and child after all, and she met a man with a young teenage son. They lived in a luxury apartment, and she was most excited to take a shower there, because they had a little machine that heated the bath towels.

Then the scene shifted (my dreams are always like movies) and we came to the home where people go when they have been disposed of through the plastic figurine method. The husband and little girl were there, and they'd served their time and were able to leave. Dad found another wife, and when I woke up, they were looking like Happily Ever After.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:19 am

The other night I dreamed I was a Dog Whisperer. I kind of have that reputation here at my school anyway, because whenever there's a stray dog, I go out and either chase it away or coax it to a room where we can keep it contained. Or, if it's a little dog, I tend to hold it until we figure out what to do. In the dream it was a very menacing-looking wolf-Shepherd combo, and everyone was afraid of it, but I was able to get close enough to gently grab his collar and walk him to the car where his owner was waiting. As we walked, we were talking, and he told me his owner's name and where he lived. I told the bystanders, "I'm a Dog Whisperer!" It felt good.

Related sad news: on another thread I mentioned a little dog that I'm pretty sure is a descendant of Andy. The cafeteria lady took her home. I asked her yesterday how she's doing, and she said she got out of the yard after only a week or two and is gone. :cry:

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:09 am

I'm glad you didn't dream you were a Dog Whipperer instead.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 20 Feb, 2015 11:17 am

This was a really funny dream in retrospect, but it wasn't meant to be funny at the time. My son was coaching high school freshman football (really he coaches freshman baseball) and there was a big game that night, and in the afternoon I was passing by and found out they'd asked my mom to sing before the game. She was lying there on a hospital gurney, and the song they wanted her to sing was "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" in the style of Aretha Franklin. She did a good job of it, too, until she saw me and got embarrassed.

You'd have to know my mom to know how funny this really was, but just imagine an elderly woman who is hospitalized because of a stroke, and then picture her singing like Aretha, and you've got it.

I just called her elderly. She was only three years older than I am right now when she had her last stroke and died six weeks later.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 11:53 am

A few nights ago I dreamed that I had loaned my brother (the one who died three years ago) $120,000 and didn't tell my husband. He was going to use it to open a bookstore. After the time for repayment had come and gone, I went to the bookstore to see if he had at least bought books, which he had, but he hadn't actually opened the store because he was too lazy to go there every day. So then I had to tell Rocky that we were out $120k with not much chance of ever getting it back. (I guess he hadn't noticed that our bank balance was down a little.)

I was sure glad to wake up from THAT one!

I wish I hadn't dreamed that. It brought back a lot of memories of times when I did loan him money. It was never *quite* that much, though.

Return to “Main Forum”