Funny dream

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Eric's Fat Brother

Re: Funny dream

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Wed 25 Feb, 2015 05:07 pm

Your perspective is all wrong, Mom. You dreamed that you were rich enough that Dad didn't even notice a missing $120,000!
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 12:09 am

Alrighty, here's one for you.

Somehow I was cast in a TV show of some sort. It started off as a dramatic thing where a character played by Ed Asner was being condemned by me for some slight even though he probably didn't deserve it, and some one else told me as much. Then it transitioned to a Cheers-esque sitcom, and Ed Asner was the bartender, and I improved the funniest line ever (by dream world standards, mind you). I slammed my hand down on the counter and said something like "everyone deserves two things: one, a place where everyone knows your name and two, a second chance". The audience roared laughing! That's when Ed Asner broke! Apparently the sitcom transitioned into something like unto SNL.

Then I woke up. Right after waking up I thought that was the funniest thing I'd ever dreamed. Now, 14 or so hours later, meh. It's a lot like most things I post online, actually.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 12:41 pm

I love those dreams that seem so profound until you wake up. I had one once that was just so beautiful, it was a poem that expressed all the love and beauty and wonder in the world. And I had the presence of mind to write it down when I woke up, exactly as it had come across in the dream! I remembered writing it, and was excited to read it. It said, and I quote, "As the morning sun shines on the peacock feathers." Huh. I was going to compete with the great poets by publishing THAT?

It would be fun to make Ed Asner laugh, though.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 11:35 am

I had an adventure-packed dream last night, actually early this morning. It would have been a scary dream years ago, before my subconscious was able to remember that dreams are only dreams, but now I never get scared. Anyway, first three people came to my house and tried to kidnap me, and I fought them off, but not before they also tried to strangle me. I called 911, and the police came, but they said they couldn't see the handprints around my neck, which were clearly visible, so they wouldn't look for the car or anything. Then a bunch of stuff happened, and then the bad guys came to my school in a different car, and I tricked them into staying long enough for the police to come, but they never did. I tried calling my nephew, who is a sergeant with the sheriff's department here in Lake Elsinore, but of course the phone call wouldn't go through. I can NEVER dial a phone properly in my dreams! So I had to kind of hide in the dark so the bad guys couldn't find me. There was another killer girl there, and I was locked in a stairwell with her for a while, but I stayed cool and made friends with her so she wouldn't stab me. I ended up being stuck at work for 12 hours, which was really the worst part of the dream.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:48 pm

Funniest dream ever! :)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 20 May, 2015 08:54 am

Very short part of a dream, just before I got up Sunday: I was realizing just as I woke up that we had missed a wedding reception the day before, which is most likely true, since we get invited to every one in the stake, but then, in my mostly-sleeping state, I "remembered" that I was the bride, and had forgotten my own reception.

I was pretty relieved to wake up from that one! I missed the chance to get new towels and pots and pans?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 02:23 pm

AWESOME dream this morning! It could have been a movie, although of course some of the details don't really come together. A little girl was kidnapped from a big old abandoned warehouse or hotel or something. At first it was me, but then it was a movie I was watching. There was a scary-looking really tall man in kind of a disguise, and I tried to yell at him two different times, but of course no sound would come out. The scene switched to the girl's parents, all heartbroken because she was gone. I went, on a hunch, to search the warehouse, and I found her shoe. Took it to her parents, and as I was walking in the door I said to my husband, "You know they're now going to accuse us of the kidnapping." The police were there, and sure enough, they tried to arrest us, so we ran back to the warehouse. That was the second time I saw the scary man. We ran past him, retraced our steps and came to where we had found the shoe, and we found the girl hiding with a great big awesome dog. We grabbed her and ran, because the scary tall man was chasing us, and we called the dog as we ran to come with us and protect us. He did, we got her home, and everyone was grateful, and the dog stayed with the little girl forever and ever.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 03:26 pm

Sounds better than a lot of movies, actually.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 07:54 pm

Seriously!

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 08:51 pm

Perhaps Eric should review your dreams. ;)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:50 am

At least my dreams almost always have a happy ending, if they end at all. If they don't end, because I wake up before I can finish, I keep my eyes closed and try to finish it up.

Even dreams that would be scary movies, like this one was, I am always seeing them like movies, or in an otherwise detached state of mind, so they aren't scary, just exciting. That's a new thing in the past 10-15 years, although I've never had a lot of nightmares as an adult. I still remember many of my childhood ones, though!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 21 Aug, 2015 08:55 am

The other morning the alarm went off just as someone was about to give me a foot massage. I was so ticked off! Whoever it was had just massaged someone else's feet with some lovely lotion, and it was my turn, and BEEP BEEP BEEP. I got it back this morning, though. It woke me up in time to go for a walk, but I angrily turned it off and went back to sleep with no regard to my pesky job. I woke up at 6:37, 23 minutes before I needed to be here, but I made it in less than a half hour. No shower (went swimming yesterday afternoon; that counts, right?) packed food last night, so no sweat. Unfortunately, literally no sweat. Should have gone for the walk.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:20 pm

My daughter seems to have dreamed that Eric and his friends murdered someone and chopped up the body and put it in a cardboard box, and somehow it went through the washer, and when she went to put her clothes in, it looked like great big wet noodles. I don't think I can top that.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:39 pm

I hope mental health benefits are available to her. ;)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 04 Mar, 2016 10:21 am

I'm using this as my dream journal today. I had an adventure-packed dream this morning. Had one yesterday, too, but right now I can't remember it. Maybe if I just close my eyes for a little while...oh, wait, I'm at work.
Anyway, this morning in my dream there was a Neighborhood Watch meeting of sorts, only we still lived in our old neighborhood. I was visiting in the house next door and went out to see what was going on. They were turning an empty lot into a park, but they were naming it Oak Grove Park, and people were up in arms about it because we don't have oak trees in Lake Elsinore. That's actually true. There are live oak trees (different from regular oaks) in the areas just south of the city, but not that I have ever seen in my own town. I remember as a youngster noticing that, and mentioning it to my dad. Anyway, it's kind of a sore subject in L.E. with some of us that the southern cities of Murrieta and Temecula have grown so much that you're much more likely to have heard of them than L.E. so it was annoying that they'd name a LE park after something in Murrieta.
ANYWAY, the crowd got out of hand, and shooting ensued. There were two or three little boys there who saw their father get shot, so I was going to take them to their mom on the other side of town. We got about two blocks down the street and found numerous police cars and ambulances, and the road was closed. That was because of either another shooting or someone getting run over. Eric was with me, and he got out to help (which, actually, you don't want to do if there are already police and ambulances, because you'll just be in the way) and I left the car and started off walking the kids home. We walked and walked and walked and walked. And then the littlest boy was trailing behind, and he fell into a hole. By then it was like watching a movie. I saw him fall in, but there was nothing I could do. The movie switched scenes, and it was years later. They had gotten him out of the hole and placed him for adoption, and he was just being reunited with his brothers, and they all lived happily ever after, except it turned out he was a girl.

The end.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 09:58 am

I dreamed someone gave me a little dog. It looked like our old Shepherd/Wolf combo, Black, who died on December 19, 1996, but it was the size of my little Andy when we first got him, about the size of a macho combo burrito. When I get to invent animals, that will be one of them.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 06:26 pm

Two nights ago I had an odd dream. My wife's cousin's son (Stuart) who is on a mission was somehow home. And for some reason we were living in a townhouse style condo. Inexplicably live trees were part of the indoor decor, and they suddenly started blooming at a very fast rate until the living room was practically a jungle.

I think someone put something of a chemical nature in my Mashmallow Mateys I had for dinner that night.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 09:30 am

Oooh! I've had the "trees growing inside the house" dream, too! So cool! Well, unless they start taking over, like yours did. That would be creepy.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 09:45 am

Interesting dream as I was trying to wake up this morning. I was a mom with three kids, two boys and a girl. We were driving around Utah, sightseeing, and we came to a little town that I had heard was interesting, probably supposed to be Park City, but was really small and boring. But then we found the small-town intrigue. I was driving our truck, and I bumped the front of a Mercedes. It didn't even scratch it, and I saw the owner's brother, and he verified that it was fine, so I left. But then (now it was more like a movie) I saw that the two brothers were car dealers who were having money problems, and I knew that Mr. Mercedes was going to trash his car and accuse me of doing it, so I was trying to find his car again so I could take a picture of it, to prove that it wasn't damaged. I drove all over town looking for it, and ended up at a child care center. The workers there saw my daughter and said, "Look! She came back!" She jumped out of the truck without a backward glance and ran to them. Turns out she had been kidnapped. I don't know for sure if I'd done it or if I'd adopted her, because the stupid alarm went off before the movie was over.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 May, 2016 09:17 am

Two nights in a row now I've had dreams about coming to work and finding all askew. First they had remodeled the office and forgot to make a work space for me, and everyone was too busy to help me gather my stuff and carve out a place. There was a community meeting being held in the office, too, and it got noisy and argumentative.

Last night the dream was that I came to work and my computer was gone, and no one cared, no one would help me find it or find another one. Evidently my phone was gone, too, because I couldn't call Technology myself to ask for another one.

I must be frustrated in my job right now.

Return to “Main Forum”