Here we will build our new home!

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

EricDSnider

Here we will build our new home!

Postby EricDSnider » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:16 pm

After years of trekking across cyberspace, being run from one message board to another, I believe we have now finally found a place we can call our own.

May EZBoard and its pop-up ads burn in hell forever.

Welcome to the new board!

Eric's Moderator Brother
Site Admin

And stuff

Postby Eric's Moderator Brother » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:19 pm

Hey kids, sorry about all the hassle, I hope you all enjoy the message board. I like it.

DrChumley

This is the place

Postby DrChumley » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:23 pm

And lo, there was much rejoicing.

Everything looks great, and I love the PHPBoard software.

Good work, Jeff!

DrC

Eric's Fat Brother

And here I am

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:24 pm

I am snidog, the board administrator, but to you guys, I am just Eric's Fat Brother. I look forward to lots of fun and happiness on this new board. I can finally uninstall Mozilla. :lol:
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

CherrySlurpees

Hooray!

Postby CherrySlurpees » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:27 pm

Hooray for this! I hope to never return to EZBoard Pop-Up Mania land again!

Thanks Spanky.

angela n

me gusta

Postby angela n » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 03:56 pm

I feel almost empty, though. As if something has been taken away -- the excitement, perhaps, of pouncing on a brand-new pop-up to kill it as it's born. I can finally relax. It's odd.

Mikkah

Goodbye and Hello

Postby Mikkah » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 04:10 pm

*Begins to build a campfire and sing Koombaya* (Note I don't think that is how it is spelled, but am too lazy to care)

-I will make a monument to nonexistence
----
-A new custom sig every time. Gotta read 'em all!

MikeTheSoundGuy

Postby MikeTheSoundGuy » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 04:44 pm

lol at Angela "aborting" the pop-ups...

Audrey

Things that make you go "hmmmm..."

Postby Audrey » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 08:46 pm

Hmmm... I think I like it here. I sort of feel like you do when you go into a funhouse and you look at all the wiggly mirrors and get all discombobulated because you're adjusting. Just when I finally started to feel comfortable with the EZBoard, I find myself in front of the imaginary wiggly fat mirror once again. So we'll see how long it takes me this time to un-discombobulate (would that be "combobulate?") and figure out this new board. By the way, what's BBCode??? :?

The new site is pretty snazzy. I do so like being able to access the message board directly from the site, and my other favorite change is the posting of movie ratings directly on the index. Good work, Snider boys! You done did a purty job.

TVGM

Postby TVGM » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 08:54 pm

Jeff, I see there is a way to mark the threads you've read already so you don't have to keep going back to them. Is there also a way to make them be marked un-read automatically once a new post has been added to said thread? You remember the way it used to be on the last board, right? As I don't want to go through every single old thread to read new comments on them, are there means to mark the new old ones vs. the old old ones? I hope I'm making sense to you, because I'm beginning to confuse myself.

Strude

Ahhhh

Postby Strude » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 09:13 pm

And their hearts waxed joyful as they looked upon their new home. :D

Eric's Fat Brother

Answer to TVGM

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 10:16 pm

Abby, here's how it works on my computer, so I am guessing it is the same on yours:

On the index page that lists the topics, the ones you have read are blue, and the ones with new posts since you last visited are yellow. If that isn't the same for you, let me know.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

Eric's Fat Brother

BBCode

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 13 Aug, 2002 11:32 pm

For whoever asked about BBCode, it is very similar to the EZCode or whatever on the old board. It is basically a simpler replacement for HTML that people can use in their posts. Most places where BBCode is mentioned, it is linked to a FAQ page that says this:

What is BBCode?
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML. Whether you can actually use BBCode in your posts on the forum is determined by the administrator. In addition you can disable BBCode on a per post basis via the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML, tags are enclosed in square braces [ and ] rather than < and > and it offers greater control over what and how something is displayed. Depending on the template you are using you may find adding BBCode to your posts is made much easier through a clickable interface above the message area on the posting form. Even with this you may find the following guide useful.

The same page, which can be located at http://www.ericdsnider.com/phpbb/faq.php, has the list of all the BBCodes and what they do.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

deepdish

New Home

Postby deepdish » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 10:55 am

And yea, we saw it was good. This is the right place.

Does this mean we have to build a temple now?

Chad

Mikkah

And it came to pass...

Postby Mikkah » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 12:52 pm

That a new holiday was created on the 13th. And that holiday that was created was like unto pioneer day and there was much rejoicing in the lands. Little to be known that two other places celebrate this holiday as well. EZboards and Yahoo message boards. EZboards celebrate us leaving, and Yahoo because we dared not go back there. Thus a grand holiday was created on the 13th of August. And the people rejoiced.

-Anyone can trick but it take a fool to be fooled.
----

treen

invented holidays

Postby treen » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 01:17 pm

Invented holidays are the best! My sisters and I celebrate Van Gogh Day on March 30 - we decorate cakes to look like Van Gogh paintings, and watch "How to Steal a Million" (starring Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole) because Van Gogh paintings are part of the plotline. Maybe next year, we'll invest in some oils and canvas, and see what we come up with for our own Van Gogh style art projects.

Mikkah

Inventions!

Postby Mikkah » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 01:25 pm

You should turn eachother into Van Gogh Day paintings! You get some paints, some old blankets, table cloths, mats, etc... And then try see who can make the other person resemble his work the closest. It will be fun, messy, fun, a good time waster, and did I mention FUN?!!? :twisted: At the least you could go back into public and if anyone asks just say "I was put in charge of watching 5 year olds paint." Would be fun I think...

-Prima Donna Rule #1: People who ask questions are idiots.
Prima Donna Rule #2: People who don't ask questions are idiots too
----

I.Jason

Alas poor Pop-Ups...we knew thee too well

Postby I.Jason » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 02:08 pm

I like the new digs. Kinda comfy, yet modern all at the same time. Good job Jeff an' Co.
Well, if you bite someone for running out of alcohol, you kind of have to expect to be beaten with a reptile.

--Slash

Dude

Re: Inventions!

Postby Dude » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 02:33 pm

Mikkah wrote:You should turn eachother into Van Gogh Day paintings! You get some paints, some old blankets, table cloths, mats, etc... And then try see who can make the other person resemble his work the closest.

Just don't try to resemble him; having two ears is aesthetically appealing!

Crinny

New board

Postby Crinny » Wed 14 Aug, 2002 03:04 pm

Hey, everything looks great here, I am very glad to be away from ezboard. I didn't even want to go to the message board anymore, I was only going to see when the new one was done. And hurrah! It's done!
Ü Crinny Ü

Return to “Main Forum”