Real Estate

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

aadr

Real Estate

Postby aadr » Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:46 pm

Hub-to-be and I are looking for a place available in late December, early January. Our ideal place would be an apartment/condo/house with 1+ bedrooms (an office or dining room to use for the desks would be nice), a/c, washer and dryer (or hookups), off street parking, a patio/balcony/outdoorsy space, and be kitty friendly.

Except for the really awesome condo in Orem that EFB et al will be departing in February, does anyone else have some good Provo / Orem area real estate rental leads? What are the best places to look for future openings?

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sat 24 Sep, 2005 12:30 am

aadr, if the timing on our move doesn't work for you on my parents' condo, there are probably others around here that will be renting. These are very nice places. PM me if you are want to chit-chat about this place, and I can keep an eye out for openings around here for you.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Sat 24 Sep, 2005 07:26 am

Except for the really awesome condo in Orem that EFB et al will be departing in February, does anyone else have some good Provo / Orem area real estate rental leads? What are the best places to look for future openings?

I understand there are vacancies in the MTC. :lol:

OK, don't shoot me. :oops:
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

White Buddha

Postby White Buddha » Sat 24 Sep, 2005 09:10 am

Check https://ry-app12.byu.edu/ae/prod/offcam ... search.cgi That's where we found our housing. We're living in a 2 story, 2 bedroom 4plex with a swamp cooler that works very well, WD hookups, off-street parking, a little bit of outdoorsy space, and we might be able to have a pet if we paid a fee and if the owner okay'd it (we haven't tried, though we REALLY want a cat). PM me and I can tell you more if you're interested, though I don't know much about upcoming vacancies.

Sara without the H

Postby Sara without the H » Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:06 am

Last edited by Sara without the H on Wed 25 Apr, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sara without the H

Re:

Postby Sara without the H » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 11:59 am

Momma Snider

Re: Real Estate

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 12:33 pm

Sara W/O H: Write something! You can't just bump a thread and not say hello!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:59 pm

(Apparently, she's having her period.)

Hi, Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 02:17 pm

We still have that condo. We've had wonderful renters in there for several years now. In fact, the only bad ones were right after Jeff and Beth moved out, but I guess those people were bad enough to last a while.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:24 pm

We are hopefully selling that condo in Orem. It's listed, anyway, and we have spent quite a chunk of money this week on painting and new carpet and some small repairs, so I HOPE it sells. So if you know anyone who is interested, let me know! It's right off the freeway at 1600 N in Orem, nice complex.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 09:40 am

We sold the condo. Now we just have to wait until next year to find out how that will affect our taxes.

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 05:36 pm

YAY FOR THIS! Did it wind up being an investment or a money pit? I'm assuming if you're concerned about next years taxes the money pit is probably not true (though I guess taxes are part of the money pit, so nevermind).

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 09:36 pm

We brought in as much in rent every month as we paid out, so it wasn't a money pit. And at tax time, we usually showed a slight loss because of depreciation. The reason we decided to sell it, though, was because things were starting to break, and since it's in Orem and we're in Lake Elsinore, Rocky couldn't fix them himself, had to hire someone.That was getting old, I guess. I always do our taxes, lately with the help of TurboTax, but I don't know enough about property sales to do that next year. That's why I'm glad the sale of my old family home didn't go through until January, so we can pay someone to do our taxes just once and then I can go back to doing it myself.

Orem really is a good place to own rental property, for the most part.

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 02:12 am

I would expect most areas adjacent to a major university are potential gold mines if one has the money to invest.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 01 Apr, 2014 08:33 am

And this one didn't even cost us much up front, because we were able to assume Eric's loan when we bought it from him. It really was a good thing. I'm kind of sad to not own it any more, actually.

Return to “Main Forum”