Goodbye, Superdell

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

jds88

Goodbye, Superdell

Postby jds88 » Fri 03 Mar, 2006 11:21 pm

Matt

Postby Matt » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 12:16 am

Wow. He's gone from annoying to nutjob.
goto 10

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 12:48 am

Superdell wrote:"Thanks to all of you, which is too bad, that all of the media in Utah are liars and murderers."

"The blood of these people is on your hands. You just destroyed the greatest computer company of all time."

"you're angels of Satan, and that's horrible. I can say to the people of Utah, please pray for all the news people, because if you die right now, your souls and eternal salvation is in serious jeopardy."
Wow he is completely crazy. I have always hated his commercials and his computers. My aunt has a totally awesome computer and absolutely loves it. I have had some fun with her today. I think he is finally sick of living amongst the mormon people.
<a href="http://family.jasonlwright.com/"><b><i>I got a blog...</i></b></a>

karinka

Postby karinka » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 01:21 am

That was, perhaps, the weirdest thing I've read all year. Was Super Dell ever a member of this board? He spouts off a lot of stuff that makes no sense and seems to be without any foundation. I've seen this before.
"The question is 'Is she hot' not 'Would you do her'. Respect the game."

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 01:23 am

karinka wrote:He spouts off a lot of stuff that makes no sense and seems to be without any foundation. I've seen this before.
No i'm not superdell :). I don't think he has ever been a member of this board either.

The Don

Postby The Don » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 07:22 am

It's sad that he went so far off the deep end. It seems that great success and great failure can bring out the truly worst in people sometimes.

On an interesting sidenote, it was stumbling on to a Snide Remarks about Super Dell that initially made me a fan (of Eric) several years ago.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 09:55 am

But honestly, wasn't that the worst-written news article you have ever seen? Way too opinionated to be a "news" piece, and way to incoherent and without-a-central-idea to be an opinion piece. I hope the dude who wrote it has a day job he can not quit.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

nick

Postby nick » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 10:05 am

No kidding. Super Dell embarassed himself enough with his own comments without the reporter having to be sarcastic and condescending, as well. I think KSL agreed, because the language has changed in the link posted above.

The Don

Postby The Don » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 10:21 am

I think KSL agreed, because the language has changed in the link posted above.

Must have, I didn't see any of the crazier statements when I looked at the article.

I hope the dude who wrote it has a day job he can not quit.

:D

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 11:05 am

KSL did in fact change the article. You can watch the interview with Superdell here. Now you can actually hear the words coming out of his mouth rather than just reading them. I get a good laugh everytime.

BeeDub

Postby BeeDub » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 12:35 pm

I wonder how the news anchors got through that story while keeping a straight face.
You can lead people to truth, but you can't make them understand it: the story of my childhood, as seen from the present.
-Bill Watterson

The Don

Postby The Don » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 01:11 pm

It's one thing to read it, but to actually see him saying it is priceless.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 06:49 pm

wow, that really stinks. my parents each have one of his computers.

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 10:42 pm

To me, it just seems like another publicity stunt for him.
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Sat 04 Mar, 2006 11:38 pm

BeeDub wrote:I wonder how the news anchors got through that story while keeping a straight face.
Apparently they couldn't. KSL just showed more of the interview and he said "you guys are laughing and mocking me right now and that is the same thing the Jews did when they crucified Jesus." Jeff could almost do a section of "Totally Awesome Quotes" on the We Made Out site.
mistysim wrote:To me, it just seems like another publicity stunt for him.
I agree that this was partially a publicity stunt but I also think that there lifetime warranty is starting to get them into trouble. Even though most people upgrade every few years, most people with Totally Awesome computers are your average computer user that doesn't really care to upgrade as long as they have a working computer that connects to the internet. Since they've been in business for 10 years now, I bet they are starting to see alot of those original computers come back now having lived out their lives and now he is stuck replacing them. I also find it odd that PC Laptops announced a while back that this next Monday they were going to start selling desktops this coming week but never hired anyone to work it...and now, last night they interviewed and hired 20 Totally Awesome employees. It seems to me that something has been in the works for a while now.
Last edited by Jason Leslie Wright on Sun 05 Mar, 2006 04:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan Reeder

Postby Ryan Reeder » Sun 05 Mar, 2006 12:25 am

It might be interesting to see a psychological profile on the man (from a safe distance, of course). Judging from his comments about himself and his company, now and in the past, who does he think he is, and what does he think his company is?

First, there's his out-of-proportion rants at the media that seem to have him envisioning himself as a Christ-figure victim in an epic battle of good vs. evil.

Did anybody else see those WB infomercials where he'd preach his personal beliefs and LDS doctrine?

Remember in the angry letter he wrote to Eric, when he said, "Use your brain mister IQ! I still love you but you should grow up..."

Then there's whatever happened when he pulled the gun on his neighbors.

And his friend that says something switched in him (Derek Nielsen) said he left the company partly over Dell's refusal to expand the company outside Utah.

He also says: "'He's completely changed from the man I knew two years ago,' Nielsen said, saying his former boss was mentally unstable and suffered from a God complex. 'Something's happened to him.'" (Salt Lake Tribune)

Put the pieces together and add them up, and what kind of answers do you get?

So, what makes someone like this? How does this compare/contrast to folks like Cody Judy, Immanuel (the Elizabeth Smart kidnapper), David Koresh, or Adolf Hitler? Is it a common condition? Are there a number of others who never make the news, perhaps because of a lack of opportunity? Immanuel was just an unknown homeless street preacher until he kidnapped Elizabeth Smart, for example. (Or, technically, until he was caught having kidnapped her). How does somebody come to believe that doing a bad thing (killing Jews, kidnapping 15-year-old girls, disrupting a fireside with an announcement that you're to be the next prophet) is good? And then, how are they able to convince many people that they are correct, to the point that people give their lives for their distorted view of reality? Why was Hitler Chancellor of Germany, rather than a crazy homeless guy? Is this a condition? If so, does Dell have this condition?

This post isn't there yet, but it could easily go in a direction that I could get it deleted if I don't move it to the Religion Forum (in fact, I just deleted a paragraph once I realized it had), so I'll leave it here to this point and repost and continue in a new thread over there. You can choose where or whether you'd like to respond.

Edit: fixed link
Last edited by Ryan Reeder on Sun 05 Mar, 2006 05:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Sun 05 Mar, 2006 11:20 am

JLW, you called Jeff "Heff", and I laughed so much I was hurting.

Do you own silk PJs, Jeff?
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Sun 05 Mar, 2006 01:14 pm

mistytsim wrote:JLW, you called Jeff "Heff", and I laughed so much I was hurting.

Do you own silk PJs, Jeff?

Even funnier because it was in reference to the "we made out" site. :D
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Sun 05 Mar, 2006 04:23 pm

Jeff, Heff...same thing....I fixed it now.

Grudunza

Postby Grudunza » Sun 05 Mar, 2006 08:57 pm

Well, I have no frame of reference for this, never having heard of the guy or the company before now, but that is one of the funniest (unintentionally) news segments I've ever seen. :lol:
www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool tunes for kids! -

Return to “Main Forum”