Starting a new share some good news

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Re: Starting a new share some good news

Postby SDR » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 01:09 pm

Congrats on the accepted offer and good luck on the rest!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:11 am

Great news! I hope it all goes well! Moving always seems really exciting to me, probably because I've only done it twice in my entire life.

The good news here is that Rocky had one of his eyes LASIKed again Thursday, and this one seems to have worked. It's not the eye that was supposed to be for distance, but that's how it turned out, so they enhanced it that way. Now he has to decide if he will have them redo the other one for near vision, or just live with reading glasses. The distance vision was his big issue, because he had about 200/20 vision. Now it's 25/20.

I had horrible frustrating dreams this morning about the first day of school, and I guess the good news is that now I've been forewarned and can make sure none of the things in the dream happen.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:01 pm

Here's my news: http://www.jeffjsnider.com/archives/a-n ... r-in-life/

I guess "unemployed" could go in the whining thread, but there are enough things about this that are good news that I will put it here.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:58 pm

Yeah, becoming unemployed for some people means immediate visions of moving in with the parents and getting food orders from the church. For you hopefully it means freedom to pursue other options, and also coming to visit me this summer.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 07:45 pm

Jeff, it's great that being unemployed for a while is not necessarily a bad thing. Kudos to you. Good luck with... whatever you decide to do. :)
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 16 Jul, 2014 03:57 am

Good luck Jeff!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 09:51 am

I have a new granddaughter! She was born on September 18 and she is so precious! Her name is Belle Ivy. I won't get to meet her until October 4, but hopefully she won't have changed too much by then.

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:41 am

YAY FOR BABIES!

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 02:27 pm

Cool beans!
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:59 pm

Congrats! That is wonderful news!

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:58 am

My first grandchild arrived safely on Wednesday. He's a little boy and I get to visit him next weekend! :D :D :D :D :D :D

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:01 pm

Congrats, GAF!!!! :)
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 08:14 pm

And GAF and I have decided, after a great deal of consideration, that we will not spend our mutual time in Utah visiting with each other. But maybe next time!

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 04:37 am

Congrats GAFfy! That is fantastic! You will make a great Grandma!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:14 am

I don't remember if I mentioned a couple of years ago that my sister's husband, all five of their kids, and two of the kids' spouses all finished the IronMan in Florida. I was at Jeff's for Lindsay's baptism that weekend, and we were able to watch it through the miracle of technology and Apple TV. Not the whole thing, because BORING, but we saw each of them cross the finish line. My brother-in-law was 57 years old at the time, which I thought was impressive, and to have eight of them from the same family was pretty cool. I don't remember exactly the order, but I do remember that two of the brothers were near each other at the end, so they crossed together. My sister would have been right there with them except for a bulging disk in her back, and also that she falls off her bike every time she tries to ride. But she has run a marathon and numerous other races, too.

Well, apparently they made the Guinness Book of World Records! They only counted the six who are blood related, but that in itself is a world record. So we are totally famous!

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:26 pm

That's so cool Momma!
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm

So very cool, Momma!
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 01:21 pm

It's raining! In Southern California, yet!

The only thing not so good about it is that Lane and family came down specifically to go to Disneyland today and tomorrow, the two days it's supposed to rain.

Oh, and somehow the rain made 66 students be tardy today. We have just under 600 students. One of them was at a Dr. appointment, but all the rest were just late.

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 02 Dec, 2014 03:03 pm

Well, given what water does to traction between tires & the road, you can't fault them for being late. I mean, the parents that managed to get their kids to school on time were clearly inviting disaster with their speed demon ways. The late parents should get a medal!

Or maybe not.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:42 am

I had a shot in my back yesterday. They asked if I wanted to be sedated, and duh, yes! Of course that meant an IV, which is always a problem, especially when they tell me not to eat or drink for eight hours beforehand. (I might or might not have cheated on the water thing, because it's nearly impossible if I am dehydrated.) Rocky made it a point to tell them that it's hard to start one, so they needed to get someone experienced to do it. (I always tell them I asked for big fat veins and skinny thighs, but someone got it mixed up.) The lady who tried the first two times seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it didn't work. She tried in my forearm first, got the vein just fine but kept hitting a valve, or so she said. Then she tried in the back of my hand, and the vein kept rolling. While she was trying that one, she called for help, and the anesthesiologist came in and said, "You can't save that one." I wondered what the person in the next cubicle thought! Anyway, he had to go to my other arm, and I showed him the one vein where I've donated blood over 100 times, so he used that one and it went right in. They don't like to use that one, I guess because it's my right arm and right in the crook, but next time I'm going to tell them they have to.

None of that hurt very much, actually, which is why this is in the good news thread. (And I know hardly anyone will even read this, so maybe I'm just practicing for when I write in my journal.) In the olden days, when that was a hard needle they were manipulating, it was VERY painful, but now they stick the needle in and immediately push a little flexible tube in, so it's not too bad.

This shot was basically an experiment to see if it made the pain in that part of my hip feel better, and the relief was only expected to last six hours. It did seem to help, so I have to do the same thing again on the 22nd, and THEN they will do the same thing only with a heated needle and steroids, and it should last for about a year. And once the IV was in, I walked to an OR, climbed up on the table, and next thing I knew I was waking up back in the cubicle. I always try to notice the instant that I go out, but I never do. I'm just suddenly back.

So that's my good news for today.

Return to “Main Forum”