Starting a new share some good news

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

JDJanson

Starting a new share some good news

Postby JDJanson » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 10:57 pm

thread!

I moved a few months ago back to Utah and have had some ups and downs, more ups than down I am happy to say.
As I have mentioned before I work as an educational assistant is special education, and am going to school to be a teacher soon. Sort of one of those, the kids are on their own, my turn.
This past week or so I have had 7 interviews, how cool is that? I got to turn down jobs, but today I had to choose between two, I wanted.
I will now start a job in a few days. I am excited and feel good about me and things happening in my life.
You know how you just get confirmations what you are doing and where you are is really where you belong? I hope I am not he only one who has these things happen to them.
I promise my life is not a bed of roses, a 2nd divorce in my life time will be final next week, I don't have a car right now or a TV ( not a bad thing ), my financial aid is all mixed but you know what, it is all Ok and about being a little nuts according to my best friend, and about attitude, and a little faith thrown in for good measure too.

So what is the good news happening in your life? As simple as your teenager did the dishes today, to maybe you too found a new job. The news is so depressing, so we/ I should say I, and not speak for all of you need some good news and hope you do too and will share.
"You did what you knew how to do, but when you knew better, you did better."
Maya Angelou

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 11:48 pm

I went to an Angels game tonight and they won....awesome....
<a href="http://family.jasonlwright.com/"><b><i>I got a blog...</i></b></a>

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 05:24 am

I might not have my homework done in time for my class tonight when it's due and I might fail Stats AND chemistry, thus making me not graduate this summer like I should. Oh wait...good news. I have tomorrow off because I'm going to be spending a lot of tonight helping my sister and her kids move away from her verbally abusive husband. Yay! I can see the relief and happiness in just about everything she does now that she's made the decision to leave him. and I'm so proud of her for doing it!

seespot

Postby seespot » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 07:55 am

I gave notice at work so now I'm going to be a stay at home mom and work my Mary Kay business full time! I'm so excited. I've been pretty miserable at work since coming back from maternity leave, so this is a dream come true.

The Don

Postby The Don » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 08:27 am

We just got a second car!

We've been a one car family for most of our marriage (almost 5 years) and we were finally able to make it financially feasible. Oh boy, it's nice.
I like traffic lights.

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 10:17 am

We just cleaned up and organized "The Pile" on our kitchen counter. Those of you who have a "The Pile" know that's a pretty big deal.

Also, our baby started doing the smiling-at-us-and-cooing thing.
goto 10

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 10:33 am

My computer is finally fixed! It crashed a month ago and I have been dealing with the most ridiculous hoopla from Circuit City during this whole time (long story short: I will never buy anything from them again and neither should anyone else because they are incompetent jerks). But finally, FINALLY I was able to reinstall my operating system, reinstall all my software, AND convince Apple to let me redownload about a hundred dollars worth of music that was lost in the process (because my iPod died two days before the computer crashed), AND I can pick up a wireless signal from the coffee shop across the street! Hooray!
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

seespot

Postby seespot » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 02:26 pm

My husband has had several calls today from people interested in getting a quote for lawn maintenance! This is very good. He's just starting this business and with me quitting my job, the more lawns he has, the better!

stvngrdnr

Postby stvngrdnr » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 02:31 pm

We're expecting.
[url=http://www.thenarrativearts.com][b]The Narrative Arts[/b][/url]

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 02:45 pm

Oh, stvn, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 03:19 pm

Hooray, Poppa Stvn!
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

The Don

Postby The Don » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 03:38 pm

Super congratulations Stvn!
I like traffic lights.

kread

Postby kread » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm

Tomorrow is my last day of summer school. I am about to graduate with a B.S. in mathematics. I start graduate school this fall. I got accepted at really good school and it is my first choice of graduate programs. I also won a teaching assistantship which will take care of all my expenses while I am there. I don't actually have to teach though. I will just have to grade homework and exams. A week from Saturday I will move away from the smelly, boring, cow town I have lived in for the last two years to beautiful Golden, CO in the mountains. My new apartment is on the third floor and has a balcony with a fantastic view. And I got these incredibly comfortable reclining lawn chairs to go on the balcony.

BeeDub

Postby BeeDub » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 04:12 pm

I got home safely from Europe.
You can lead people to truth, but you can't make them understand it: the story of my childhood, as seen from the present.
-Bill Watterson

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 04:57 pm

That's all happy stuff! But Matt, where did you PUT all the stuff from The Pile? Because every time I get to the bottom of mine I don't know where to put the stuff. Some of it, sure, but certain things just seem to belong in The Pile.

I don't have any specific good news today, but I'm happy anyway. My house is clean, my knee doesn't hurt much, I donated blood this afternoon, and it's just a wonderful life.

JDJanson

Postby JDJanson » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 06:06 pm

kread, that is so awesome!! Congrats.

Golden is such a nice place, my friend went to the Colorado School of Mines there. I have the greatest pictures he sent me.
And chairs on the baclony are great, I live on the 3rd floor and get to sit in mine a look at the mountains here in Utah everyday.

Congrats to you too,stvngrdnr

I love to hear about good all this stuff, keeping coming.
"You did what you knew how to do, but when you knew better, you did better."

Maya Angelou

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 07:12 pm

School starts in a few weeks and now the teachers can be the ones to address all the kids' questions regarding volcanoes, the sun and World War II.
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 10:35 pm

Oh, how I remember the last few weeks before school started when my kids were little! I started counting down the days on August 1 (and the first week in September seemed SO far away) and then 10 days before the first day of school I'd switch to counting hours. Since my brain does that odd little math map thing, I could always say with only a second or two of thought how many hours it would be until the little angels would start school again. And then even when it was only three or four of them going to school, and two or three were still at home, it still seemed like the house was so empty and quiet during school. And then when the sixth one started school, I was so depressed I stayed in bed all day for several days.

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 10:50 pm

1) After a year apart, TVGM is getting her booty out here to see me again. Oh, and to see her parents. 2) The eBay said that they will pay for all of my Bachelor's degree. 3) For oncein the three years I've been with eBay, I have had a whole weeks worth of personal time I could (and did) take off. 4) TVGM's birthday was a few days ago, and she didn't get upset at me for sending her a death card instead of a birthday card. 5) CS got me hooked on Song of the Day. 6) My migraine's gone away. Finally. 7) KILLING FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!! 8.) I get to go home at the end of this month to see my 19 year-old niece get married. 9) I get to have dinner on Friday with one of my super good friends. 10) I got to go to the Poison concert in June.
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

DrChumley

Postby DrChumley » Thu 03 Aug, 2006 12:17 am

I quit my job, retired from performing, started my own company, am having my last session of hair transplant surgery next week, and I'm trying to learn how to play Rhapsody in Blue.

Also, I just bought a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer and made Ginger Snaps tonight...which is very good news.
Some people are like slinkies: They don't really serve a purpose, but it still brings a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
<a href="http://blog.mattarmstrongmusic.com">Shameless Blog Plug Here!</a>

Return to “Main Forum”