New tech/gadget print magazine seeks writers

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

quidscribis

New tech/gadget print magazine seeks writers

Postby quidscribis » Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:20 am

A brand-new Sri Lankan print magazine focusing on technology and gadgets/consumer electronics is seeking writers. You don't have to be an uber-geek since some of the columns focus on technology / gadgets and how they affect you on a daily basis. If you can write well and would like an exotic credit, this is the ticket. :)

It pays 3 cents (US) per word with one caveat - payment will be on a bi-annual basis for writers outside of Sri Lanka due to the fact that transferring funds from Sri Lanka to anywhere else in the world costs quite a tidy sum.

The articles can be anywhere from 500 words to 2000 words in length depending on the type of article we're looking for - we have regular commentary columns as well as in-depth reviews of products.

Please note that the first article will be on spec since we need to evaluate if you would be a good fit for the magazine and the kind of style we're looking at.

We're still looking for writers for the following sections:

Discussions on technology - a monthly article which has in-depth information on specific aspects of technology - not specific to a particular product, but rather, more general information on things such as processor comparisons, broadband technology, explanation of technology jargon for the average user etc.

Gaming - Game reviews (both console and PC), reviews/discussions of consoles, advice/information for gamers

Software - A detailed look at specific software such as Office 2007 or a new version of IE or FireFox as well as featuring freeware applications which could be useful to anybody. The software section would be fairly Windows-centric since that's what most people use over here.

2 Commentary columns - gaming and hardware/software. They aren't as full of information as the above articles might be. They are more rants and raves, a humourous look, or personal opinions/prophecies on trends in that particular technology sector.

If you're interested (or would like to know further details), please contact the editor via fahimf (at) gmail (dot) com.

-------

Fahim is my husband, he's the editor, and this is his gig. I'm posting on his behalf.

Return to “Main Forum”