Recommendations

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

robcan2

Re: Recommendations

Postby robcan2 » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:13 am

Card wrote:From what I've read, the event organizer is also responsible for that or if it's a business, the business owner. So, yeah, I could ask the DJs and bands to coordinate it for themselves, but I would still be liable (along with them) if they didn't because I am the ultimate organizer of said event and still have that responsibility.

Thanks for your input, though.

My brother The Attorney specializes in intellectual property law. He's also a musician and has a lot of experience with this kind of stuff. His band actually has a gig tonight that I'm going to, so if I get a chance to talk to him afterward, I'll ask him about this and let you know. When is your event?
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Card

Postby Card » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:35 pm

Months away. I'm just trying to get it buttoned down within the next month.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 08:44 am

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi. A good, shorter read.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 08:38 pm

This IS the "Recommendations" thread, innit?

Okay. Here is mine: www.robfromreality.com be updated posthaste. Or immediately, whichever is sooner.

<sigh> I need me some Robcan Funny...
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 29 Sep, 2011 10:07 am

Well, okay then.

What Spews Forth

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 29 Sep, 2011 12:14 pm

Nice!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sun 02 Oct, 2011 07:09 pm

Thank you, Rob. I was able to glean several instances of Funny therein.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Tue 04 Oct, 2011 09:49 am

If any of you are looking for something to do on Friday night, and if you like great live music, I recommend going to see the band Crashing At Dawn at the Velour in Provo. They played there in August and put on a killer show. We are considering booking them for our company holiday party.

Some fantastic national bands started off at Velour, including Utah band Neon Trees, Utah band Fictionist, and regional bands Imagine Dragons, Eyes Lips Eyes, and Toy Bombs.

Velour is a great music club...it may seem spartan compared to fancy dining and/or to those not familiar with the local music scene, but it is the best small venue music spot in Utah. It is an important venue for many reasons. It sells only music and soda pop, no alcohol, is right next to BYU and is safe for all ages. The owner, Cory Fox, has carefully built this club in the heart of Provo to be all about the music, and it is unlike any music club I have ever seen. The ambiance, the classic soda pop, the standing-room only vibe (there is seating on the sides for the wimpy :)), and the high quality of the bands that play there...all make this place stellar. Velour has become so well known that every band wants to play there, and it is hard to get booked there on a concert night (any band or singer can go there on Tues nights for open mic night and play one or two songs at the most...but getting booked, totally different story). Every band I have seen play there has been great, and some have been phenomenal.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Wed 23 Nov, 2011 09:40 am

I recently watched Fast Five and Moneyball and enjoyed them both, though I found the relentless action in Fast Five to be more entertaining.

Is there a rule that Brad Pitt has to be eating or chewing in all of his movies?

Card

Postby Card » Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:58 pm

If there's not, there should be. It's the time I find him attractive. Brad Pitt just sitting there? Not so attractive. Brad Pitt eating? Attractive.

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:24 pm

That's funny about Brad Pitt and the eating. The other night we watched "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and there's this scene where Ryan Gosling is standing around waiting for someone, and he's wearing a hot tailored suit and sunglasses, leaning against a railing, and eating a slice of pizza. My husband just looks at me and goes, "What's with the pizza? Is this guy trying to be Brad Pitt?"
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:23 pm

I definitely recommend that you should all read Eric's Snide Remarks this week. I love when it's about our family!
ericdsnider.com
The Circle K of Life

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:09 pm

I got misty reading it. I was imagining pulling up to your little old house myself, long ago, in my Fast Red Car. (It's always gotta be about me.)

Your family is so lovable. I hope all Sniders everywhere have a wonderful Christmas this year, and may those important traditions never be forgotten. I hope Eric does a "Snide Remarks" about Christmas this year -- is he going to be in California?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 30 Nov, 2011 03:56 pm

Yup, they're ALL going to be here! Lane and Kelly and Baby Mack will be in Laura's room, Jeff and Beth and Baby Ryan will be in Joy's room, Laura and Joy will be in the Guitar Room, which used to be called the Media Room until we got rid of the TV in there, and also used to have the BowFlex until we moved that to the garage, and Eric will have a fort in the dining room. Lindsay and Logan will be in our room except on Christmas Eve, when they will be in with their parents, and Chris will sleep at his apartment except for Christmas Eve, when he will sleep in the loft/landing. Emily will be here on the 23rd, and maybe she and Lindsay and Logan will sleep downstairs that night. I think that would be fun for them, anyway.

I really don't know where we could put any more people, but by the time we're all together again for Christmas, there will surely be more, and we'll pack 'em in somewhere. Next step could be borrowing a motorhome to park in front of the house, which might be a little chilly, but it's not like this is Utah or Ohio or someplace where it might be REALLY cold.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 02 Dec, 2011 08:15 pm

My favorite part is that Andy commented on it. Impressive!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 02 Dec, 2011 09:43 pm

Yes, Andy is a Very Special Dog.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:14 am

Have I recommended FlyLady.net? Because I really do. It doesn't apply as much to me at this time in my life as it would have years ago, but it still has great ideas for organizing and keeping things clean and especially encouraging you no matter where you are in the process.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 12:31 pm

I tried FlyLady years ago, but it was all I could do to keep my inbox clean after signing up! So I unsubscribed the very next day. Maybe I should look into her again--I've seen lots of recommendations on Pinterest and elsewhere.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah, I unsubscribed from the daily emails right away, but you can just bookmark the site and go there for inspiration and motivation and schedules and whatever. They have weekly zones, with tips, and detailed cleaning lists and all sorts of other help.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 05:18 pm

I did look at it a bit today and I'll probably go back. Being sick and having four kids at home, I'm already feeling a touch overwhelmed. The site would probably do me in completely!
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Return to “Main Forum”