Curiously inappropriate things seen at work

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: Curiously inappropriate things seen at work

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 29 May, 2015 09:57 am

I feel for you! I hope you're feeling better. But there is a bright side: last time I puked, probably 30 years ago, it was food poisoning and I also had diarrhea...

KMD

Postby KMD » Sat 30 May, 2015 07:05 am

Oh I've got that too Momma, it just didn't happen inappropriately at work. Josh sent me home to recover.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 30 Jul, 2015 12:28 pm

Today is my first day back at work after seven, yes seven, weeks off. It was just enough, really. I was ready to come back, except for when the alarm went off. And that was at 7, which is the time I have to BE here when the kids come back on the 12th. I'll ease into 5:40 and exercising before work gradually.

Inappropriate, though, is that my coworker had to bring her granddaughter to work. It's terribly boring for a seven-year-old, and she is whining and talking back and being really annoying, and if she was any other child, T would be thinking the grandma should swat her. I don't know if she ever does, and I know I would never spank my own grandchild, but then mine would never deserve it. Anyway, she's quiet now, but if she starts up again, I will speak sternly to her myself. (I texted T to ask if it was okay if I did, and she said "Yes, with a paddle.")

Oh, and I have tomorrow off, because in July the whole district works four-day weeks. That probably means I'm supposed to work until 5:30 today, but whatever.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:30 pm

We have a new night custodian. He appears to have no common sense, and can't even follow instructions. Every single day the women's restroom runs out of either tp or paper towels or seat covers. Every single day. And now we found out that he's been forgetting to sweep the floor before he mops. I don't know how he got this job, honestly. And he doesn't start work until after we're gone, so we can't stare him down and make sure he's listening. It's totally inappropriate to see staff coming out of the restroom flapping their hands to dry them. I won't even go into the other things.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 20 Nov, 2015 03:58 pm

You could take a group picture of everyone staring him down and post it, along with requests / demands / what-have-yous, on the door to the restroom. Or elsewhere.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 03:44 pm

The Rotary Club came today to give dictionaries to all the 3rd graders. One teacher, who is not known for her common sense, told her students very firmly, "Do NOT look for inappropriate words in your dictionaries!" So what do you think was the first thing some of them did? Duh. Same thing most of us would have done. But then, would you have brought the dictionary immediately to the principal to show her the inappropriate words you found? I wouldn't, but they did. The first one reported S-E-X, and I don't know what the next one had, but he was insistent, even after she asked him why he was looking up words after the teacher told him not to, and after she said, "It's a DICTIONARY! There are WORDS in there!"

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:03 pm

Sounds like it's time for a good old fashioned book burning!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:15 am

It's 45 degrees here, and the wind is blowing, and there's a kindergartner who came to school in a tank top. I don't know if his mom didn't look at him when she dropped him off, or if he refused to wear a jacket (I could see that being the case, easily) but he makes me cold just looking at him.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:38 am

Sandee has a partially torn tendon in her hip. Lots of pain, hard to walk. Instructed by doctor to use crutches, but that's not working, so we bought a wheelchair.

Her school is enough uphill from the parking lot that she can't wheel herself in, and the chair is just heavy enough that she'd have a hard time loading or unloading it from the car anyway, so I'm driving her to work, wheeling her in, going to work, and reversing the process in the afternoon.

Anyway, back to the topic: Yesterday it was precipitating a little bit, but the wind was a-blowin'. Hard. And I forgot to grab anything jacket like when we left (house to garage so I never walked in the weather), so I was very cold.

Return to “Main Forum”