Curiously inappropriate things seen at work

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Eric's Fat Brother

Re: Curiously inappropriate things seen at work

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:56 am

Last week in a management meeting, someone jokingly asked who was assigned the opening prayer. So I jokingly suggested the one non-Mormon in the group.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 22 Oct, 2012 12:11 pm

Way to keep it light, Jeff.

I'm sure there's probably some exclusionism in Utah towards people who are not LDS, but I am also sure there's a lot that's perceived even though it's not there. Vibes either way.

Everything is all rosy and happy here today between the two who were fighting on Friday, because they made up. But I wasn't in on the makeup, because I was only trying to keep them from punching each other, so now I'm kind of left out. But that's okay with me.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:31 pm

Momma, you should demand chocolate to compensate for your emotional distress.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:40 pm

My coworker's son, the one who has custody of his daughter but my coworker has to do everything, brought the little girl in today at about 11:30. As soon as she saw her grandma, she said, "I'm hungry!" So T asked if she'd had anything to eat yet, and Daddy of the Year said, "She never said she wanted anything."

Stupid idiot, that's what I say. Or think, anyway.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 07:45 am

Because you know the guy well, you are probably right, but I'll admit, I've done similar with my kid, just kind of being blindly oblivious/overly busy. Like, I'll offer my son breakfast, and he says "No thanks, I'm not hungry." and I don't want to be a food pusher, so I let it go. And then hours later I'll realize he never ate anything, and if I ask again, he'll still say "I'm not hungry", and he means it. Then a little later he'll start screaming that HE'S STARVING!! and now he's all grouchy and difficult to deal with. Usually this happens when he's getting sick, and doesn't feel like eating much. Or his body has just finished fueling a growth spurt, we've gone a few days of feeding him like crazy, then he has a couple days where he barely eats at all.

My mom, very experienced momma that she is, would just get some grapes or slices of apple or something, put it next to him, and he'd absent-mindedly demolish every bite. I have got to learn that trick!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:32 pm

It's not like I never forgot to feed my kids, and I often waited until they asked for lunch rather than giving it to them at a specific time. But for most kids in general, the routine is get up and eat breakfast, and he seemed completely unaware of that concept.

I don't think I ever had a kid who just didn't want to eat, where we had to find ways to get them to eat. That concept is totally foreign to me, unfortunately.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:13 pm

Also, this poor little girl (she's 4) is having to start all over again with her shots, because the court didn't order the mom to give him the records, and he hasn't asked his attorney to ask for the records. I suggested that he send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the other grandparents and just ask for the records, to keep the poor little thing from having to do it all over again, and he won't even do that. It's like he'd rather be indignant that they haven't volunteered them than actually try to get them.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 01 Nov, 2012 10:42 am

Update, and I will stop criticizing. The other day the dad I mentioned DID ask the judge to order the mom to hand over shot records, and her response was, "No! Let him pay to get them again!"

The judge wasn't happy, but he didn't order her to do it, so there it is.

"Parents" sometimes make me sick.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 02 Nov, 2012 03:04 pm

Man. It's no wonder so many kids end up so screwed up and directionless. Can't even imagine the day-to-day life with that kind of person acting as the little girl's protector and advocate. Too bad the judge can't order her to be sterilized on the grounds that she is unfit to be a parent, ever.

Damn people who bring innocent babies into the world, and then treat them as if they are a disposable annoyance. She's probably a bit irritated that there's not a local Kid Shelter she can take her and drop her off outside after hours because she doesn't want to be bothered with her anymore. ARRRRGGGHH!
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 08 Nov, 2012 04:40 pm

We just hired someone whose first initial is C and last name is Rapp. So their email address is crapp@company .com. That's even better than when we had C. Hill and S. Lutz.
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 04:06 pm

I just found out that there is a little girl who moved away in December, and she is still showing on the rolls because I didn't drop her. I didn't drop her because I didn't know she moved, and the teacher refuses to take attendance on the computer like she's supposed to; she makes me call her every day to ask who is absent. She never said this girl was absent, because SHE knew she had moved away. Today she happened to look at her official roll for the first time since January 14, apparently, and told me the girl was still on there. Grrrr.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:12 pm

The guy on the phone with the helpless desk 2 cubes down from me, about 3 minutes ago, screaming into his phone...

"Don't tell me there's not a network issue because the server responds to ping! I didn't say the servers were down, I said there's a problem with QIP! I don't care if they ping! Don't hang up on me!"

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:35 pm

Hahahahaha!

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:03 am

Sorry, we had awful network issues yesterday, and it was just a minefield of crazy. One guy called the Help Desk to report the issue, and he got into the automated system, was supposed to hold on to the phone and wait for the next available person to help him, and then was disconnected. His response? "Ah, this must be the new way they're handling us now. If we can't get through to them to report an issue, then there's no Sev 1 ticket!" * With the network down, we couldn't use the automated webpage to create a ticket. And the phone was obviously no help. In the end, the only way we got anyone's attention to the problem was for our manager to bust into a meeting and grab the networking guy and drag him out.

The really sad part about it all was, even though we all knew there was a problem, and it needed to be reported, none of us wanted to do it. Because we all knew whoever made that call, and got the ticket, was stuck in the office until it was resolved. And that could be in an hour, that could be in 7 hours, doesn't matter, you are on the hook.

*There's a fine for every Sev 1 ticket that isn't resolved in a timely manner. In some cases, "timely" is 90 seconds. So, yeah, they do everything possible to keep a ticket being logged as a Sev 1, except for actually improving the services/doing their jobs correctly.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:24 am

Computers are such a blessing, but they're sure curse-provoking sometimes.

Not really related, but the Bizarro comic this morning reminded me of your story yesterday. It quotes Liam Neeson in "Taken": "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills that make me a nightmare to people like you..." And the caption is "Liam Neeson: Bane of Telemarketers."

I'm going to say that next time someone calls me because they noticed a problem with my computer. (And I wish I could type that in an Eastern India accent.)

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:25 am

Momma Snider wrote:Computers are such a blessing, but they're sure curse-provoking sometimes.

Not really related, but the Bizarro comic this morning reminded me of your story yesterday. It quotes Liam Neeson in "Taken": "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills that make me a nightmare to people like you..." And the caption is "Liam Neeson: Bane of Telemarketers."

I'm going to say that next time someone calls me because they noticed a problem with my computer. (And I wish I could type that in an Eastern India accent.)

{like} {like} {like} {like} {like}

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:51 am

So my dear friend and coworker was selected as Classified Employee of the Year for our site, but somehow the voting took place a few months ago and the results were not announced. I don't know why; could have been a day when she wasn't here. Anyway, the district put out a bulletin this morning congratulating all the honorees, and someone read it and congratulated her, and now she's mad that she didn't know. More than that; mad I could laugh off. She's crying because she's convinced that the reason she didn't know was because no one thought she deserved it. (Never mind the faulty logic there, that people VOTED for her.)

It's just so uncomfortable to be around someone who is so upset when there's nothing I can say to make her see reason.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:16 pm

Sometimes I feel like faulty logic is where I live. I would have a very different job if it weren't for faulty logic.

I think if I ever write a book, my opening sentence will be "Faulty logic is where I live."
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:34 pm

And my next band will be called Faulty Logic, and our first album will be titled "Get Over Yourself."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 29 Apr, 2013 03:36 pm

I heard a phrase yesterday in stake conference that would make a good name for a band: Experimental Child.

Return to “Main Forum”