Snider Board Pledge Drive

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

The Don

Postby The Don » Sat 29 Mar, 2008 03:22 pm

I missed it the first time perusing my email. It has been sent to Eric's account.
Just so he doesn't stiff you it was $500. Any less than that and I'd ask some hard questions.

(Hah, but I kid! If I had $500 bucks I'd totally spend it on music and stuff.)
I like traffic lights.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Mon 31 Mar, 2008 11:50 pm

Just an update on where we're at, folks:

We have received a lot of donations, and we are currently less than $150 away from what we need to pay for a year with the new host. So, to quote Stanley Spadowski, "I know a lot of you like to wait until the last minute. Well, this is it!" Donate NOW!
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 02 Apr, 2008 03:54 pm

(That WAS an April Fool's Day joke, wasn't it, Jeff? I assume the total is still the same as it was 2 days ago?)

I'm getting yelled at for spending any money for all but essentials since Dennis and Chris are now living with us on our fixed income. Nobody has found a job yet, so *I* get to cut back on expenditures.

So I can still do name tags, but I don't think I'll be able to contribute through PayPal. I'm sorry. Maybe my past reckless generosity can act as a Get Out of Jail Free card for me.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 04 Apr, 2008 09:13 am

Sorry about the downtime this morning, folks. I wonder why I'm posting that apology in this thread............
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Mon 07 Apr, 2008 11:22 am

:( Since my post saying how close we are, we haven't received a single donation from anyone from this board. We've gotten a few more through Eric's site, but we're still not where we need to be. Anyone else been holding out?
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 08:08 am

Oh, crabs! I thought I was just kidding about the amount being the same! :( Did I jinx it by saying that? Come on, guys! Just a few bucks! The price of a Starbucks frilly frou frou drink! Five music downloads! A pack of Marlboros! Two gallons of gas (or petrol, if you're so inclined).

Think of all the free entertainment and knowledge you have gained from this Village! That's got to be worth something in return. I leave it to your impeccable consciences to consider...

(I'm a grandma; I can do guilt fairly well.)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 10:46 am

Consider me guilted.
My fingers slipped while I was entering the numbers in Paypal and I accidentally left off a few zeros. Oh well...nothing I can do about it now. You'll have to be satisfied with the $25.
Thanks for the laughs.
"When I grow up I want to have nose hairs just like you and Daddy!" Laura, age 3

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 11:25 am

I just added the following note to the original post in this thread:

"UPDATE: I am just going to leave this thread at the top of the forum forever, and I have changed the name from "2008 Pledge Drive" to "Snider Board Pledge Drive." We will need hosting again next year, and the year after that, etc., so there's no point making people wait until it's an emergency to donate. So if you want to make a donation, PayPal it over and just make sure to mention in the notes that it is for hosting. I'll let all that stuff just sit in my PayPal account until I need it for hosting. Thanks."

We are very close, and I really appreciate everyone who has made a donation. After we get these last few dollars for this year, don't feel like you can't donate anymore -- I'll just put it towards next year.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

adspackman

Postby adspackman » Wed 09 Apr, 2008 08:10 am

KareNin wrote: Two gallons of gas (or petrol, if you're so inclined).

Indeed I am. So two gallons of petrol would equate to $16 or

karinka

Postby karinka » Wed 09 Apr, 2008 02:02 pm

adspackman wrote:So two gallons of petrol would equate to $16 or
"The question is 'Is she hot' not 'Would you do her'. Respect the game."

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 02:38 pm

Isn't it past time, again? Or has the board general gotten rich in the meantime?
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 02:50 pm

Well, I haven't gotten rich, but I do know that a lot of people have gotten poorer in the past year (I don't know if that applies here or not), so I haven't pushed it. But by all means, if anyone wants to donate a dollar or twenty (or two hundred), feel free. :-)
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 04:40 pm

Do our donations go towards just the cost of the forum or both the forum and Eric's site?
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 10:08 pm

We host on the same server, so a donation to one is a donation to both.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 19 Jun, 2009 08:58 am

I just donated, using the link on Eric's website, and it charged me $3 shipping? Huh? Am I getting a certified Thanks! in the mail? :D

I'm OK with it, I figure if I am willing to donate $x to Eric, I can donate $x+3. I just thought I'd mention it here, so you can tell us where we ought to be donating, so if somebody else isn't OK with it, they can avoid the shipping charge.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 19 Jun, 2009 09:21 am

KMD wrote:I just donated, using the link on Eric's website, and it charged me $3 shipping? Huh? Am I getting a certified Thanks! in the mail? :D

I'm OK with it, I figure if I am willing to donate $x to Eric, I can donate $x+3. I just thought I'd mention it here, so you can tell us where we ought to be donating, so if somebody else isn't OK with it, they can avoid the shipping charge.

Me, in the very first post of this thread wrote:My PayPal address is snidog at jeffjsnider dot com.

I don't know why Eric's link charged you $3 for shipping, but people won't have that problem if they send it to my PayPal account.

Thanks for donating!
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:29 pm

I'm guessing it's because his account was set up for the purpose of selling his old CD's and sheet music.

I ran across that last year when I donated, so I emailed Eric to make sure he got the $3 too and it wasn't just going to paypal. And then I took that out of the amount I was donating, because I'm cheap.

Jeff's account is simpler.
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

Eric's Fat Brother

Re: Snider Board Pledge Drive

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 01 Oct, 2010 10:02 am

Anyone notice that the board and Eric's site have been going down on occasion lately? Apparently, we have outgrown our current hosting solution. I am looking into solutions that have the resources to handle things better, but it's probably going to cost twice as much (or maybe even more). I know the economy still sucks, so I'm not going to push hard or anything, but if you DO feel inclined to donate a few dollars, feel free to send it along to my PayPal account (the address for which you can find just a couple posts up from this one). Thanks!
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

Return to “Main Forum”