Blubbermetrics

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

iamroch

Re: Blubbermetrics

Postby iamroch » Mon 19 Dec, 2011 06:42 pm

last/this/ST/LT
294.7/294.8/280/250

This was for last Thursday, haven't been on the board to post. Not bad for my birthday weekend. This week has been a lot harder.

Hoping for decent results this week.
Indifference. It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
-------------
The Mrs.' blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 21 Dec, 2011 10:38 am

195!!! Last week I was feeling good to hold it under 200, but finally the loss of appetite has registered. I'm eating, just not to excess, and I'm staying more busy.

This is the lowest I've been in several years. Last February after my knee surgery, when my Wegener's relapsed and I didn't eat anything for two days, I briefly got to 195.5, but today I feel good about it!

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Wed 21 Dec, 2011 12:15 pm

Hurray for you, Momma!

177/178/170/160

Well, I have to write off last week, as my time was spent arranging and being on a short-notice trip to Utah for my grandmother's funeral. Given the amount of fast food I consumed, I'm glad my numbers stayed fairly stable.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Card

Postby Card » Wed 28 Dec, 2011 03:40 pm

So... I guess that this week I've just been packing on the pounds because my body knows that January 1 is coming up, which, as you know, means death for fat cells and sugary foods.

So basically what I'm saying is that my family, friends, and neighbors have all been really kind in providing me with delicious treats over Christmas. I am skipping posting the weight until I am done trying to consume all of them. Which means that I'll post again in February.

Just kidding. About the posting part, not about how many treats I got. SO MANY. Hope you all had a merry Christmas!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 30 Dec, 2011 11:11 am

I'm speaking too soon, I'm sure, but 193.5! I couldn't believe my eyes! And the Christmas treats are almost gone. Thanks to my loss of appetite, I actually threw away a bunch of stuff that I knew I wouldn't love anyway, but traditionally would have gone ahead and eaten just because it seems so rude to throw away stuff that people gave me. If only I could keep this up after I go back to work on the 9th.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 30 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm

Yeah, I definitely didn't want to weigh myself the morning after Chirstmas, and I'm not sure I want to do in this upcoming Monday, either. Ugh. Time to get back to exercising!
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Sat 31 Dec, 2011 08:35 am

Amen to all of the above. I did step on the scale and was pleased that I'd remained under 180, but that's all we'll say for now.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Mon 02 Jan, 2012 10:33 am

last/this/ST/LT
245/249/225/170

So I gained 4 pounds over the past two weeks. I thought it was going to be more, so I guess that's good. I don't think I exercised at all these past two weeks. First I was sick, then it was Christmas and stuff and we were too busy being lazy to do anything productive. Adam and I were talking last night and we both really want to do better with health stuff. I'm going back to exercising this week!

And, it being Jan 2, I'm pretty sure Lady C. won our little exercise goal challenge. What would you like for your prize?!

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Mon 02 Jan, 2012 04:09 pm

Did I? Cause I sure do feel like a slacker myself. Though I did play with the new Wii Fit and raked the yard in the past few days, so I'm at least compensating for all the crap I'm eating. Somebody PLEASE reintroduce me to the concept of moderation!!

Though if you felt like sending me something, Miss Lisa, I think a cute hat for my baby girl would be awesome. She's adorable in pink. Or other colors, like brown, combined with pink. Y'know, if you want to. :D But what about Card and MommaS and KMD and iamroch? How did you all do?

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 06:14 am

Oh my, definitely give the prize to LadyC! I did absolutely NO exercising over the holiday. And the scale has read everything from 178 to 174, just depending on the day. I need to start over again with renewed vigor! Currently I'm frustrated because my Fitbit just up and reset itself last night. But I found out that it sends me a weekly e-mail of how I did, total steps for the week, average flights climbed. Let's just hope it doesn't reset itself again.

Shall we start a new competition with the new year?
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 12:11 pm

I didn't do anything except not feel like eating. I have a pretty active day planned today and also tomorrow, and after that I'm planning to start Wii Fit again, but we'll see how that goes.

Card

Postby Card » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 03:49 pm

I went on two walks in the last two weeks. That's all I've done exercise-wise. However, I did a lot of good cooking, cleaning, and organizing of my house. I feel good about what I've accomplished; however, the lack of exercise and increase in sweets consumption netted a 1 pound weight gain.

I didn't make a new year's resolution with regard to exercise or eating, unless you consider "do better" a resolution. That's my constant goal.

My actual new year's resolution is to finish posting all my recipes on a blog and also to clean my spare room/computer room, since it's pretty horrible right now.

You're the winner, LC!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 07:36 pm

I shouldn't even be allowed to post in this thread, because I've been too ashamed and chicken to even APPROACH the numerical keys with my chubby, though ancient and gnarled, fingers... (hasn't stopped me from commenting, though, I just stick to using the alphabet and punctuation and the occasional Emoticon.)

But I have a tiny suggestion, if anyone cares to read it. I would actually like to participate and report and Be Conscientious And Supporting and all that, and I ALMOST said "I do! I do!" when KMD asked about starting it up again. And I would. Except the word "Blubbermetrics" just puts me off so badly, I feel like a loser before I've even started. We can blame my younger brother for those deep, deep, long-ago-inflicted emotional scars. But anyhow, would anyone else prefer starting 2012 with a more positive, health-affirming title? Or is it just me and my warped psyche?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 10:14 pm

I think that's a good idea, KareNin. My daddy used to call me Fatso, just his pet name for me, until I was probably 13 and asked my mom to ask him to quit, and I don't think that did my psyche any good, either.

Not that I have any actual ideas about what to call it.

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 09:36 am

We used to call it the Hot Bodies contest, but if I remember correctly (and I may not!) a few people wanted to use other ways to measure their improving health, not just trying to lose weight and gain a hot body, or make their non-hot body sweat a lot, thereby making it hot.

We can go back to that, or pick something else. Doesn't matter to me what we call it, so long as we keep it active, as in the thread active, and our bodies.

And I have a new goal, to get into a swimsuit I just bought that is 1, almost 2 sizes too small. I've been wanting this style swimsuit for a couple years now, but I wouldn't pay the $85-$95 it runs on the website. And around Christmas I found it on sale for $25, but only in the smaller size. So, I bought it, and now I need to get into it, preferably by Spring Break (first of April) to wear on a trip we're planning.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Card

Postby Card » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 11:00 am

How about "Hotmetrics?" or "The Body Formerly Known As Hot?" or "Exercisemetrics?" or "Killing Dairies?" ...not that we aren't supposed to eat dairy. It just rhymed with Fairies.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 03:47 pm

I don't mind of we change the name. I have no ideas for a new name, though. And I want to join the new exercise goal challenge. I'm going to try for exercising 4 times a week.

And Lady C., if I were so inclined, what do you suppose your baby girl's head circumference would be?

iamroch

Postby iamroch » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 10:06 am

I've not done well weight-wise, the last copupe of weeks. There are several reasons:
1. We've been working 16-18 hours a day between my regualr job and our pet sitting business.
2. I've been tired, so I'm eating more.
3. We've not had time to make food at home.
4. I've not had time to exercise (though I did play basketball last week).
5. One of my medications "makes you gain wieght" according to my doctor.

The good side is that my glucose numbers have been pretty good and my doctor is very encouraged by that.

Two things will help with my weight:
1. Our business is slowing to more manageable levels, giving us time to hire staff so we won't be doing so many visits ourselves. More time means time to exercise and cook at home.
2. I'll be starting a new medication that replaces the weight gaining one with one that helps control hunger.

I'm still committed to living more healthfully.
Indifference. It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-------------

The Mrs.' blog

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 03:55 pm

Well, Lisa, if you were so inclined, and if I just happened to have a measuring tape right by my recliner because I keep forgetting to put it away, I'd say my baby girl's head circumference is 15.5". That's behind the ears, on the angle she would actually wear a cloche-type hat, yes?

I'm all for a new weight/health resolutions thread. But can I be all braggy for a tiny second? Because the New and Improved Scale said I weighed 175.2 this morning, which was the cause of much rejoicing, as I haven't seen my weight that low since I had my first kid. Yee haw!

Anyway, on to more thread title ideas:

Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise (One Out of Three Ain't Bad)
The Village Cheerleading Squad
Zombie Metrics
RESOLUTIONS
Keeping Up with the Calories
How to Lose a Pound in 10 Days
How to Train Your Dragon . . . Scale
Weighing Ned Devine
Thread of the Living Golems

I'm done pretending to be funny now. You know, I did make five New Year's resolutions, continuations of improvements I'd begun in the past few months, but I'd love to have a place to be accountable for my progress in them. Not that I want to turn this into Karie's Improvements Board, but a little support goes a long way, you know? Anybody else want encouragement to keep their non-weight-related resolutions?

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 07 Jan, 2012 04:00 pm

Then: 359.6 (Oct 17)
Now: 355.2 (Jan 7)

My weight has fluctuated up and down since the last report, but that's what it is today. Post morning constitutional, pre food or water consumption.

Return to “Main Forum”