Happy Eric's birthday! And Totally Stupid Day!

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Re: Happy Eric's birthday! And Totally Stupid Day!

Postby SDR » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 12:12 pm

Given the number of years that this has been known as Totally Stupid Day, and the fact that Eric has surely increased in intellect since then, maybe today should now be called Mostly Stupid Day going forward.

Or not. Happy birthday regardless!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 04:25 pm

Happy birthday, Eric!

If this birthday sucked, you have no one but KMD to blame, for yea, she foresaw it and spaketh it unto thee.

I'm sorry I don't have another old car lying around that I could give you for your birthday, since the Geo Prizm is no longer with us. But the truth is, we have just the van we got in 2008 (or thereabouts), and it has now cost us about twice what it is worth in essential repairs. And the air conditioning STILL isn't fixed, even after dumping $1400 into the hungry coffers of Hoffman Auto Repair. They replaced the condenser, and we had an air conditioned vehicle (first time in THREE YEARS) for one week, while we drove out to Missouri and back for the Fourth of July. And then 2 days after we got back from Missouri, Tom went to a doctor's appointment, and when he got back, announced that the A/C wasn't working... again.

Took the van back over to Hoffman, and they examined it thoroughly and said that their work on it was absolutely fine, but unfortunately the compressor had now gone kaput, and to repair it would cost an additional $4,300. We said Bite me very much, but no... and have driven a very warm van since early July.

But anyway, yeah. I'd give you the van if we had some way of replacing it with a vehicle that runs and has A/C, but chances of us running across one of those for nothing are pretty slim. Sorry about that.

Happy birthday anyway. And I agree with Scooter; I think by now we should rename this auspicious day, simply "EDS Day." (Sort of like "MLK Day," but with more of a nerdy white boy vibe.)

It can be both Eric D. Snider Day, and Errogantly Dysfunctional Stupid Day.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 04:54 pm

Happy Birthday!
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:52 am

Now I feel bad that I predicted a crappy year this year for EDS! I meant no harm, it's just this pesky clairvoyancy!

I'm not even going to mention what I see in store for you for 2014. Let it be a surprise...
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 10:25 am

In 2014 he will turn 40. That was a GREAT year for me, mostly because I had started working full-time and everyone at work gave me presents and stuff, and I still liked my job and coming to work was still a novelty.

KareNin, you think YOU feel bad that you don't have a car to give him? I think you've done your share. I hope your van straightens up all on its own, or at least that the weather will improve so the AC won't matter. I guess that's probably more likely. I only had our Ram truck for five months, and the AC didn't work in that, either (not to mention the 10 mpg) but luckily that was January through May, so it wasn't as crucial.

Portland has a Cars2Go thing, where you register and they give you an access card, and there are cars all around the city, and all you have to do is get to one and pay 38 cents a minute while you're driving it. Gas and insurance are covered, and you only pay while you're actually driving, so if he gets one to, say, go to church, he doesn't have to pay the whole time it's just sitting in the parking lot. He will still need a car eventually, especially after it starts raining, but for now at least he's not walking everywhere. He's too old for that! :)

EricDSnider

Postby EricDSnider » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:33 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I had a nice day. Now I am older!

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 29 Aug, 2013 03:29 pm

I'm saving up all my birthday wishes for your big 4-0, so that they'll be impressive and suitable to the achievement thereof.

Or I'm just a few days late.

One of the two.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:06 pm

The time is now right if you were just waiting for 40, Lady C. It's almost too late!

I'm glad this is totally stupid day, too, because there were a lot of people playing that game today! But mostly it was a happy day, knowing most of my kids have seen each other in the past week. The eerie age for me is going to be four years from now, when I'm 65 1/2, the age my mom was when she died. We will have to make a birthday party for sure that day. It won't be as good as Eric's party was, because if I started trying to make friends now, I still couldn't possibly have as many as he had at that party. And that didn't count the ones who couldn't come!

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:28 pm

YAY FOR TSD!

Return to “Main Forum”