Merry Christmas to All

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: Merry Christmas to All

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:15 pm

May I just say how I love online shopping? My shopping is basically done, and I haven't been in a single store, at least not for Christmas shopping. I will end up buying a few little things at Walmart, I'm sure, but I don't intend to even go inside Kohl's or Target until January, if then. (Walmart is my store of choice for little stuff because it's right near my house, and Target is a few miles away, or my choice would be reversed.) I can't even look at a kohl's ad without getting a panic attack at the thought of having to go there and look for sizes and styles and colors and whatever. Buying online is so EASY! It's like the world just caters to me. When I was young and had energy, I could go to stores, but now that I'm old and wobbly, there's online shopping. Thank you, Universe!

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:00 pm

My work gives a Costco gift card as a Christmas bonus, so I've done some shopping there. Otherwise it's been Amazon.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Dec, 2014 07:48 pm

I've done mostly Amazon, since they have nearly everything, but I've also done some Kohl's and some Target and some Walmart, as well as a few specialty sites.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 01:25 pm

I guess I'm going to make the candy and junk for the coworkers after all this year. I think every year I decide maybe I'm not, and then I decide to do it, and that there will be plenty left over for the neighbors, and then there isn't any left over because I always forget about the three custodians until I'm counting stuff up and plating it, plus my family eats it as fast as I can make it if I'm not careful. But in the last two nights I've made fudge and peanut butter balls and boogers, and tonight I'm going to make toffee, plus a birthday cake for the adult daughter of one of my coworker friends. I'm also going to get started on Andes Mint cookies and brownies and Christmas Chicken that Joy has to take to work tomorrow, because she won't get home until at least 10:00. Luckily I have a Survivor finale to watch while I'm in the kitchen!

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 01:52 pm

Note to self: Apply for a job at Momma's school.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 05:33 pm

We had an awesome potluck, the boss bought ham & turkey and we brought in sides and desserts and had a blast! I got to buy 2 $25 gift cards as prizes for who made the best dessert or side dish. one of our new guys brought in a buffalo chicken dip, and it was amazing and won!

I really enjoy Christmas at work. :D
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 19 Dec, 2014 11:25 am

I love having a job at Christmas! I seriously hardly think at all about what I'm going to get for Christmas, but on the last day of work before break I get all excited. Usually I only get cheap candy, but even then, it's the thought that counts. (I don't agree with "it's the thought that counts" when it's someone who should know me better, and they prove that they DIDN'T think, but when it's an acquaintance who is just wishing me a Merry Christmas, everything is good.)

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 19 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm

My co-worker friend who is from Korea got me salon shampoo and conditioner for a Christmas present. Specifically for color treated hair, because she knows I color mine. LOL! I think this means she knows me too well, and has a lot to learn about present ettiquette in the states. :lol:

I just realized I could go to the Innapropriate things said at work thread and fill a page of nothing but things she has said that turned out to be dirty, and she never meant them to be!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 19 Dec, 2014 01:41 pm

Do it, KMD! Go to the Inappropriate thread!

While you're at it, you could tell us how your son is doing and stuff.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Tue 30 Dec, 2014 06:04 pm

When I was young and had energy, I could go to stores, but now that I'm old and wobbly, there's online shopping. Thank you, Universe!

Oh yeah. Even in Malaysia we can do most of our shopping online. Sri Lanka, no. Singapore, some. Malaysia, oh yeah! I so very much prefer online shopping to going out. I even do the majority of our grocery shopping online with delivery the next day. Life is sooooo much easier this way. :)
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 02:30 pm

Delivery of online orders sure falls apart after Christmas, but I'm not really sure who is at fault. I don't think it's Amazon, because the stuff was sent out promptly, but it has been sitting at a "facility" since yesterday morning. Luckily there's no hurry on my part.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I did. We missed those who weren't here (the two kids who have families of their own) but it was very relaxing to have only the four kids who I knew weren't going to be homesick or crowded or otherwise uncomfortable. And now it has all been put away, and I have the usual post-holiday depression, and I don't want to go back to work on the 12th but I also wouldn't want to just be at home all the time, so I'll just look forward to the holiday on the 19th and the four-day weekend in February, and then spring break.

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 05:56 pm

I had a hard drive that was to be delivered on the Monday before Christmas misdelivered. I was peeved. Then later a neighbor brought it over on a different day. I had already called and complained to the seller (not their fault, but their 7 to 10 day policy before they'd reconsider shipping was annoying) and to the shipper (OnTrac, a regional delivery service, who seems to have a lot of problems). I've been waiting to hear back from either one, and a couple days ago I got an email from the seller saying they'd issue a refund. Now I need to call them back and see what they want to do about the finally delivered hard drive. Whatever it is, it had better not include any shipping charges.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 09:38 am

We're 1/4 of the way to being in the midst of the Christmas season! Just so you know.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 03:26 pm

Eight months to Christmas Eve, and only seven to Thanksgiving-ish!

Return to “Main Forum”