Merry Christmas to All

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Merry Christmas to All

Postby SDR » Sat 25 Dec, 2010 02:41 pm

I hope everyone is having or has had (depending on when everyone reads this) a very Merry Christmas!

KareNin

Re: Merry Christmas to All

Postby KareNin » Sat 25 Dec, 2010 05:32 pm

Merry Christmas to all in Da Willage!!! Love, peace, happiness, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 25 Dec, 2010 08:51 pm

Happy Christmas, everyone! I hope everyone had as great a day as we did. We missed Jeff and Lane and their families, and it was kind of different only having six of us here, but we made the best of it. The biggest difference was that we went to Carl's Jr. for dinner. We had decided to go out for dinner instead of cooking, but then right after the big breakfast all the kids said they would rather just eat leftovers for dinner. (We had Joy's birthday dinner last night, so there are leftovers.) Then, when we got hungry again, we decided to compromise with Carl's. Now we've settled down to watch Mystery Science Theater and eat Chocolate French Silk pie.

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:58 pm

French?!? You mean Chocolate Freedom Silk pie, right? :)

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:36 pm

Sorry, it's 2003 where SDR lives.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

SDR

Postby SDR » Sun 26 Dec, 2010 07:17 pm

Eric's Fat Brother wrote:Sorry, it's 2003 where SDR lives.

And the Freedom Horns sound sweet in 2003!

Oh, and the 3 Freedom Hens from the third day of Christmas? Delicious! As was the Freedom Toast Sandee made for breakfast yesterday... :)

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 28 Dec, 2010 09:46 am

I wish everyone here a (late) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 04 May, 2011 11:04 am

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas in 2011. It's only 34 weeks away!

Could it be that I don't have enough work to do today?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 04 May, 2011 07:08 pm

Well, according to some wingnuts I read about on Facebook, May 21, 2011 is supposed to be Judgment Day. The Real Deal; the Big One. So if that turns out to be true, I think it was mighty nice of you to have the foresight to wish us all a Merry Christmas 2012. 'Cause, you know, probably not many of us will still be around to hang up our stockings and deck our halls & stuff.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 04:36 pm

Is it Christmas yet? I'm ready to start decorating. I'm not really, but then I never will be, really, so I wish I could start now.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 07:05 pm

Momma, honey, maybe if you didn't have thirty-seven Christmas trees that you haul out and decorate every year, and then a couple of weeks later have to un-decorate and put everything away, maybe it wouldn't be such a daunting task. I know you love all your Christmas trees, and I know you can't stand, and are not permitted, to change anything from year to year, lest calamity befall everyone you love. But what if you just chose 2 trees--randomly, by lots, drawing straws, or in some more orderly fashion like having a family vote?--and put one upstairs and one downstairs?

Then next year, you could choose two different trees if you wanted to. Rotate them in twos, so there is No Tree Left Behind, but so you don't get so exhausted putting up and decorating all forty-eight trees every Christmas?

Just a thought.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 08:16 pm

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

I am considering not putting up the 10' one in front of the window that faces the street, actually. That's the one that's the most trouble, and doesn't really have a theme or anything meaningful on it. Hmmm...I wonder if, since all six kids and their families (the two who have families) will be here, I could put the main family room tree, with all the memories on it, in the livng room window, leaving more room in the family room. Maybe not, because that's the one we put all the presents under and around, but I'm going to take it to the committee. Especially since I won't have the Young Single Adults here to help me decorate it this year, and I don't think I have it in me any more to climb up and down the ladder.

All the other trees are small and themed, and all the ornaments are stored with the trees, so most of them only take about 10 minutes each. They also aren't that important to me, except for the overall effect.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 08:28 pm

Momma, do you really have 37 trees? :shock: I don't have even one, and I'm okay with that. :)
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 08:29 am

I thought I remembered Momma having 7 trees, but I could definitely be mis-remembering on that one.

Yesterday, at a Vietnamese restaurant, over the Musak I heard an instrumental of We Three Kings. In September. It totally put me in the mood, now I want to put out my decorations too!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 09:56 am

I think the most trees I've had by anyone's count was 12, and that was a stretch because it included little ones up in the high windows. The major ones are the 10' "dignified" tree, which I've never really pulled off that well, the 7' family room tree with all the memories and bubble lights, a 5' pink and gold tree in the dining room that matches the wallpaper, a 4' tree with heart ornaments (last year I did gingerbread man ornaments instead), and 3' tree with angels, and a 2' Victorian tree with miniature ornaments. Oh, and a fiber optic tree at the top of the stairs. I also have seven wreaths, including a pink and gold one that was the inspiration for the tree, and one with wreath ornaments all over it. And then there's a collection of Santas and a collection of Kneeling Santas and a collection of nativity scenes. It all takes up a whole side wall in the garage, plus part of a closet, and it makes me tired just to think of putting it away. But the atmosphere when it's all up is almost magical, seriously. And all of my kids will be home this year, so I'll do it at least this year.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 12:49 pm

I may have exaggerated just a little bit, for effect.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:37 pm

I have approached a few of my kids with the idea of not having the main tree in the family room, but putting it in the living room window, and not doing the 10' one at all. It would make a lot more room in the family room, and since all six kids and two wives and four grandkids will be here, that's a consideration. But no one likes the idea of not having the tree in there, and then the presents would all be in the living room, where they'd block traffic, not to mention that they could be seen by bad guys passing by, if they looked in the window.

I'm not going to put the fiberoptic tree at the top of the stairs,though, on the linen cupboard, because I think Joy's snake will have to be there while one of the families with kids will be sleeping in her room.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 08 Mar, 2013 02:36 pm

I just realized that if our plans for adding on to our dining room go through, I might have room for another Christmas tree! We have to get a china hutch or something to house the china I got for my birthday, but there's no room, so we have to add on to house the china cabinet. While we're at it, we'll make it two stories, like the rest of the house, and make the top a sleeping loft or something, with a spiral staircase going up to it, so I'll also have room for more garland on the banister!

This past Christmas we only had three of the kids home, and none of the grandkids, but I think in 2013 they'll all be here again. And that might be the last time.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 20 Nov, 2013 12:56 pm

No dining room addition for us, at least not this year, and all the kids will be here, so it's going to be a crowd. I wish we could have at least made Eric's fort bigger. In September when they were all here, he slept outside in a tent, but I don't know if the weather will be conducive to that at Christmas. I guess we'll see. It's only five weeks away, you know.

SDR

Postby SDR » Wed 20 Nov, 2013 03:32 pm

Surely Eric can sleep on the dining room table. ;)

Return to “Main Forum”