Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Postby SDR » Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:33 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Except you. You know who you are. {glares} ;)

KareNin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Postby KareNin » Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:34 pm

. :oops: ..but... but... I wished YOU a Happy Thanksgiving on Facebook! Are Holiday Wish Credits not transferable among different aspects of social media?

This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving for me and my guys. Talked to Jon last night. Steve called us today from Afghanistan, and Tom and I got to talk to our Beloved Deeby Dout for quite a while. Then Dennis and Chris came over and we ate delicious plentiful wonderful food until we didn't want another bite.

Then Tom cleaned up like 99% of all the food and dishes and kitchen mess, while Chris watched one of the Shrek movies I haven't seen (it's still on, but I was lost after a couple of minutes because I missed too much of the beginning, so I came in here to talk to y'all.)

Dennis and I (I merely served in an Advisory Emeritus capacity) tried to repair my non-pumping Water-Pik thingie, but it wasn't salvageable, so we dumped it into the trash with heavy hearts (not really). Now the guys are all out in the living room watching the Shrek movie and I'm getting ready to serve pie in a while.

Only made 4, since we ended up staying home after April called and cancelled the plans to go to the Hawton's in Cincinnati (stephsterr knows Heather; they're in the same ward). Two scrumptious pecan pies, and two absolutely delectable pumpkin pies. And 3 full cans of Reddi-Wip on the fridge. Life is good.

I hope you all had an enjoyable time with whatever friends and/or family you were with. I'm grateful (as opposed to greatful) for your presence in my life. Love you folks; truly I do.

You make me happy, even those of you who don't say much here anymore. Peace out, yo.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:15 pm

Our Thanksgiving dinner will be at about 6 pm, because Sandee's brother's family must always do Thanksgiving at the sister-in-law's house first. When she called Sandee to RSVP she said they'd be here around 6 because we "always eat late". Yeah, because we're always waiting on them! :)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 22 Nov, 2012 08:36 pm

I'm glad you had a good one, KareNin! Ours was great. There were 23 of us for dinner: Us, plus five of our kids, our two daughters-in-law, all five grandkids, my sister and her husband and two sons, and my daughter-in-law's parents and grandparents, and my stepmother. We deep-fried a turkey and cooked one in the oven, mostly for gravy purposes, and we cooked 15 lbs. of potatoes. We had pecan pie, chocolate silk pie, caramel pie, cherry apple pie, little peach pies, and pumpkin pie, but my sister decided to get fancy with the pumpkin pie and made it out of their Halloween pumpkin, which ruined it for me. Libby's canned pumpkin for me every time, made with canned milk, and leave out the cloves, please.

And now we're sitting around watching the babies be cute and chatting, while football is muted but visible.

Return to “Main Forum”