The Garrens Comedy Troupe 20th Anniversary Show

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

robcan2

The Garrens Comedy Troupe 20th Anniversary Show

Postby robcan2 » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 08:50 am

September 14th! Who's going? I am!

Link
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Re: The Garrens Comedy Troupe 20th Anniversary Show

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 09:13 am

I can't! I was so bummed when I realized that our Primary program is the next day, and I'm in charge of it. I hope a lot of people can go, and I hope they do a video.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 04:40 pm

I wish I could go!
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 05:55 pm

I will be there. I bought my tickets yesterday.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Jersey Girl

Postby Jersey Girl » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 09:03 pm

I would have totally went to this if it was closer to where I live now. I hope someone films this and puts it on youtube. The Garrens would have been great for the youtube if that was around in the 1990s.
"Chicken legs were moved, roads were crossed, motives were questioned."--EFB

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 09:12 pm

From what I hear, they will be doing a professional video that will be available for purchase at a later date.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

EricDSnider

Postby EricDSnider » Thu 08 Aug, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm going!

We do intend to film it, with good picture and audio, so we can make it available (FOR $$$$$$) later. My confidence that this video will actually happen is at about 90%. That's more confidence than I generally had in most tech-related Garrens endeavors in the past.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 10:51 am

I was already feeling sad that I'm going to miss it, but then my sister emailed (and commented on Facebook, several times) that she thinks she and I should make a road trip of it, and she kept saying that Jeff should pay for it. I know that if I asked Jeff, he would get me there, but I'm too old to do a two-day round trip, and I can't miss work, and even though they changed the Primary program to another date, I still need to be here for the practice, so I just can't go. I have faith in the DVD, though. I just feel bad about disappointing my sister, who really wanted to go. But then I guess she could have brought it up sooner than this past Sunday, too.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 01:57 pm

And every time she assumes I should pay for her to come, I feel a little less bad about it.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 03:41 pm

They could actually use the money they've got put aside for Christmas presents, right?

(Joke, because they don't give their kids presents on Christmas, and my family is shocked and appalled every year. They said they buy them stuff whenever they want it, including a new skateboard for one of them the week before Christmas. But then my sister is always envious when she hears what wonderful Christmas traditions we have, which include OPENING PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS MORNING.)

Bless their hearts.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 04:38 pm

I love that you added "Bless their hearts."

:wink: :wink:
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 09:08 am

Yeah, I've never been able to understand some things. My sister always says she looks up to me and wants to be just like me and tries to model her parenting after mine, but how could we be so different in this area? I'm sure they had Christmas when her kids were little (they're 17 and 21 now) but they were maybe 12 and 16 when we first found out they didn't do Christmas morning. I can't imagine not doing that even now, with whoever can be here, when all of my kids are in their 30s.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 09:13 am

But how about that upcoming Garrens show? I can't wait, even though I can't go! Eric is already in Utah!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 10:40 am

I will definitely be ordering a video!!

When I first heard the reunion was going to be happening, I seriously thought about trying to fly out for the occasion. But then I remembered:

1. I don't have any money for an airline ticket
2. I don't know anyone who lives in Provo and I can't afford a hotel room
3. I really, really, really hate the whole process leading up to the flight taking off, even though I love actually flying. It gets worse every time I have to fly somewhere, so I have made a vow not to ever fly again (commercially), unless it's to see one of my own children. And we don't have time to process a formal adoption so Eric can fall into that category.
4. A video is easier to re-watch for the good parts.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:31 am

KareNin, if they do a 21st reunion, we are THERE. I won't say a more logical one, like a 25th, because we could both be senile and unable to get ourselves to the bathroom, much less through airports and stuff.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 02:54 pm

I'm just about at that point already, which is one of the reasons flying bums me out. I need a wheelchair getting from Ticketing to Departure Gate, and from Arrival Gate to Baggage Pickup, and tipping is expected (as if the airlines weren't sucking every penny out of people's pockets already). And because I am at the mercy of a rushed airline employee, there is no meandering through the food kiosks or souvenir shops, or stopping at the restrooms, without feeling like I'm imposing on his/her time when he/she could be pushing somebody else and getting tipped.

Don't ever get crippled, is all I can say. Getting old isn't that bad; it's the breakdown of all the essential parts that afford a person independent mobility that are chappin' my hide.

If Medicare is still a Thing in January, though, I will be able to get a motorized chair!! And maybe get my van converted to hand controls!! Yay!!

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 03:20 pm

When the reunion was first announced, I planned on going. Now that I'm dealing with these crossed eyes, I just don't feel like trying to watch a stage performance that I won't be able to truly enjoy. I am glad that a DVD will (probably) be available for subsequent viewing.

Tis sad that the Garrens came after my time at BYU. But fortunately someone forwarded that Titanic piece so I could discover all of you!

Just kidding. I think I found Eric by searching the internet one day for information about the RLDS church, and he'd done a column about them. {searches} Yes, I found three links to those articles at universe.byu.edu. So not only is Eric funny, he's edumacational, too!

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:57 am

I am miffed that the reunion show was not held in Podunkville, Pennsylvania so that I could attend. How did it go?
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 16 Sep, 2013 08:44 am

I wasn't there, but I heard that it was great. Somebody used the expression "better than it had a right to be" or something, just based on the fact that they practiced Saturday and performed that night. The auditorium holds about 860 people, and it was sold out, which makes me glad in a way that I didn't go, because I'd have felt guilty sitting in a seat where someone else wanted to sit.

And I think the DVD worked. I'm looking forward to that!

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Mon 23 Sep, 2013 03:00 pm

I went on vacation the morning after this, so I haven't had a chance to post on here until now, but the show was really good. I saw Jeff there, but he was too far away to say hi to, and I didn't feel like shouting across the audience.

The opening "laser" show was great. Besides that, I think my favorite bit was "Sharing our Journals" that Eric did with Lisa Valentine Clark.

Speaking of Lisa Valentine Clark, if you haven't watched the web series "Pretty Darn Funny" that she stars in, you really need to check it out. They just finished the second season. You can watch the episodes on their YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/prettydrnfunny
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Return to “Main Forum”