Happy Labor Day!

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Happy Labor Day!

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 10:27 am

For Labor Day, I celebrate by doing some deep cleaning around the house. Today I'm shampooing the living/dining room carpet, washing the baseboards, and washing the windows in that area. I'm a party animal! Later some friends are coming over and we're deep-frying a turkey.

What are you doing today?

quidscribis

Re: Happy Labor Day!

Postby quidscribis » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 04:13 pm

Labour day was yesterday, right? I'm at Tuesday morning, I think. Yesterday, I did a bit of cooking, a big load of laundry (I need to do another today - I'm behind because I was sick), a whole lot of proof reading, and I watched Fahim sweep the floors. Woohoo.

I think today I need to make cake. Finally. I've been saying that for days. It's time I just do it.
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 03 Sep, 2013 04:47 am

I hung around the house marveling at how I must live in a Doublemint gum commercial because I see two of everything!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 03 Sep, 2013 08:49 am

I was singing one of the old Doublemint commercials yesterday while watching the Dodgers win yet again. There was one that said, "A double play in baseball goes 6-4 to 3," meaning shortstop to second base to first base. I didn't know that when the commercial was on, and I loved when I learned to keep official score for baseball games and figured out what it meant.

Still, seeing double does not sound fun at all. I hope you get some relief soon, Scott. Have you tried an eyepatch to block the double vision? And was it really a result of diabetes?

SDR

Postby SDR » Wed 04 Sep, 2013 02:44 am

That is the only reason the doctors can come up with. As far as seeing double, it is really only a problem if both eyes are open, so I just use one at a time. I've tried patches, but they are less convenient than just closing an eye.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 05 Sep, 2013 10:37 am

I also got a china cabinet on Monday! The friends who came over were actually coming so they could deliver it. They are moving and will be in a much smaller house. It's exactly what I wanted, a corner unit, small, in a semi-dark wood that I love. Clashes horribly with our dining room table, which is kind of a reddish wood, but we got it at least 15 years ago for $50, so it can go any time.

I guess the downside of that is that now instead of looking for a china cabinet, we'll be looking for a dining room set.

Return to “Main Forum”