Board History

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

SDR

Board History

Postby SDR » Tue 15 Oct, 2013 10:58 pm

I was curious to re-read a thread from Back In The Day (TM) from when Sandee & I were married. Someone from the board was a member of a barbershop quartet and came to our reception and sang to us. Sadly, I forgot that the current board only goes back to August 2002, and we were married in May.

Does anyone remember who that might have been (or if he's still around). 11.5 years later and my brain ain't what it used to be.
Last edited by SDR on Wed 16 Oct, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Momma Snider

Re: Board History

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 16 Oct, 2013 08:13 am

Reeder? Calling Reeder?

That sounds familiar, but I don't have any idea who it was. There was a guy who was in the Tabernacle Choir, but I don't think he was the one.

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:49 am

Are you friends with Reeder on the Facebook? Because the odds are in your favor that he remembers.
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:04 am

If I am not I should be. But I think I am. Thanks.

Edit: I am. Asked. I'll share the info here if it is not shared here already by the time it is shared with me. Share. Cher. Shair. Need more variations.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 09:23 am

Don't ever say Cher. But Misty! Nice to see you!

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 12:18 pm

I agree. No Cher unless it's "Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves." I loved it when I was little.

Hi Momma Snider! I totally forget about this place, and I feel bad. Jeff has made it all nice for us, and we go and leave it nearly abandoned.

We should have a reunion. Wouldn't that be fun?
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:08 pm

Totally!

Ryan Reeder

Postby Ryan Reeder » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:32 pm

I've been summoned. On The facebook, even. Where I just posted:

The confidence in my memory does not go unnoted nor unappreciated, however, I am sorry to report that I must be the bearer of disappointment, for I have no recollection of this particular detail from circa mid-2002.

However, were I to hazard a guess of someone who was active in phase 3 of the board, wasn't around much after that, and seems like they might have lived more or less locally, then maybe cochino rios? (No idea on his real name).

Nice to hear from you all.
[url=http://ryanreeder.blogspot.com/]http://ryanreeder.blogspot.com/[/url]

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 18 Oct, 2013 01:39 am

NP. I don't need to deliver an inheritance to him or anything. I was just curious. I guess I will have to remain curious.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 21 Oct, 2013 07:58 pm

Was it APMusicman (or something similar) who was in The MoTab Choir?
Is he still?

I miss you all! Let's just all start coming here again, instead of wasting time passing along lame-o memes on Facebook for hours. (Karen Stout, I am looking sternly at you!!!)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 21 Oct, 2013 11:14 pm

It could have been. I just don't remember. Old age memory is setting in. Who are you?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 22 Oct, 2013 08:40 pm

"I'm your babysitter! Duh... :eye roll:"
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 10 Dec, 2013 11:10 am

You know the meme that has been driving me crazy lately on Facebook? It's the one where people are all defiant about saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." The latest one is something along the lines of "If it offends you to hear me say 'Merry Christmas,' then I have one thing to say to you: 'Merry Christmas!'" I don't believe anyone in the history of anything, at least in America, has ever been offended by "Merry Christmas." But I also don't find it offensive to hear "Happy Holidays." Come on, man, these are good wishes here. "Happy Holidays" is not usually meant as a politically correct greeting, but as an all-inclusive good wish.

Now "holiday tree" is a different story. You wouldn't HAVE a tree if you weren't celebrating Christmas, so call it what it is. I haven't heard that one in a few years, though, so hopefully whoever thought of that one thought again.

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 10 Dec, 2013 08:23 pm

Sorry Momma, there are people who get offended by Merry Christmas, even in the good old US of A. Usually those who are more aggressively non-Christian. As in, I have an agnostic friend who gets really upset about it, and even tried to invent his own competing holiday, revolving around scientific theory, a "random bag of fun" for gifts, and lots and lots of drinking. Let's just say it hasn't exactly taken off...
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:09 am

Okay, to HIM I say "Merry Christmas." (Or I avoid him, if possible.)

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah, if someone actually gets upset by something that is meant as a kind greeting, they literally deserve to have no one talk to them ever again forever.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:49 am

See, most people, even those who are atheists or agnostics or whatever, still celebrate the Santa Claus and presents part of Christmas. KMD, would your friend also be offended by Happy Holidays? My thing is that Happy Holidays is not usually meant to be politically correct, which is what all my Facebook people are protesting, but to be an all-inclusive greeting for the whole holiday season. I just think getting offended because someone wished me well would be really dumb, no matter what I believe or don't believe.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 12 Dec, 2013 09:19 pm

He would probably counter with a Happy Winter Solstice. Or Happy Agnostica, the name of his made-up holiday that I have suddenly seemed to remember!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Sat 14 Dec, 2013 06:47 pm

Hey, Christmas is even celebrated by some Hindus, Buddhists, and so on in South Asia. Seriously. I don't get it, personally, but whatever.

As for the Merry Christmas greeting... I'll wish someone a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year! (on Jan 1st as well as Sinhala/Tamil new year and Chinese new year and other new years), a Happy Deepavali, Eid Mubarak, Happy Chanukah, or whatever the holy day of the moment is. If someone takes offense to any of that, that's not my problem. If they take offense particularly to Merry Christmas but not the rest, then they have even more of a problem. But I'm not going to stop. It's a wish for a happy day for whatever reason. If they can't take it as that...
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

SDR

Postby SDR » Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:27 am

I could wish someone Happy Kwanzaa. It's at least as legitimate as Agnostica.

Return to “Main Forum”