Jeff's wedding

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

mistytsim

Jeff's wedding

Postby mistytsim » Fri 22 Aug, 2003 09:32 pm

Who all went, and tell us all about it.

The reception should be ending here soon.
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 23 Aug, 2003 01:39 am

It happened, and everything went really well. Beth's dress and bouquet were beautiful, and we had the lasagne lunch at our house after the temple, and the weather was perfect for an evening outdoor reception. RenLass and Zesdy were more help for me than I could have imagined, and they made everything perfect. Jeff and Beth got some good presents, too! The sealing room was nearly full, what with Beth's parents and sister and brother-in-law and grandparents, and Jeff's parents and brothers and two aunts and two uncles and three cousins and their wives and a grandpa and his wife and three former roommates and their wives and a few long-time family friends. Oh, and what was really cool was that the sealer was the architect who designed the San Diego Temple. He didn't say it, but we knew of him back at the time of the dedication, and we remembered him. So it was a great day, and my feet are glad it's over.

RenLass

Postby RenLass » Sun 24 Aug, 2003 01:35 am

...and SnideMom won't tell you herself, but she was absolutely stunning in a dark pink dress that was extremely flattering to her.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sun 24 Aug, 2003 08:28 am

I second that...

MommaSnider looked absolutely radiant.

It was a beautiful reception. Jeff and Beth were beaming... The food was good... the atmosphere was wonderful and what I loved most was that everyone was happy.

I know MommaSnider probably could use a good massage though. (Tuesday night a good night?)

...and Also...what RenLass won't tell you herself is what a beautiful...wonderful and hard-working person she is. You are awesome Ren.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sun 24 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm

Yes, the wedding is done, and it was wonderful. Beth was beautiful, her dress was beautiful, the bouquet was beautiful, and I was beautiful. Not everything went exactly the way we planned it, but overall, we thought the day was pretty much perfect. And that is all I will say right now, because I gotta go, because I'm on my honeymoon!
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:01 pm

I hope someone will post some pictures so that those of us far away can share in the event!

The wedding reception, that is. NOT the honeymoon.

Chad

edit: P.S. My 100th post!

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:08 pm

yes, please not the honeymoon.

Claytonius Maximus

Postby Claytonius Maximus » Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:03 pm

I was lookin' pretty dashing on Friday myself (even though I didn't make it to the reception).

CM

Momma Snider

Re: Jeff's wedding

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:27 am

No one ever posted any wedding pictures! And now they've been married 10 years and are getting new pictures taken next week. And RenLass has moved to Texas, and Zesdy is gone, and I've lost 50 lbs since I wore that beautiful dress.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 03:44 pm

Jeff's got the technology--you all should post those pictures as your "before" pictures and the new ones (and the ones from your anniversary celebration, MommaS!) as the "after" pictures.

Your success has been enough to convince me to switch my family over to a slow carb diet--I'm especially intrigued by the idea of eliminating sugar spikes in Miss Bubbly, my diabetic.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Thu 03 Oct, 2013 03:40 pm

If anyone is interested in seeing the anniversary "wedding" pictures we had taken, or the family pics from the anniversary party for Momma and Poppa, they are here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044505913 ... ryPictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044505913 ... ryPictures
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 03 Oct, 2013 07:44 pm

Thanks for sharing! I love the family pictures where your dad is cracking up. And Eric's photobomb of your parents' picture. And I really REALLY like the idea of anniversary photos. I may have some devious plotting to do in my future (The Hub is not a huge fan of photos...).
You're unique, just like everyone else!

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 06:54 am

Aww! Thoe pictures are great! And thanks for giving me the idea, I am totally going to steal that, and now I want to have a big group picture made next year for my parent's 50th!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks, Jeff!
Do you all see the one where there's an extra boy and mom on the right? That's the former daughter-in-law and her son. THAT's my complete family. But in the meantime, I'm really, really happy with the rest of the pictures, too. Delighted. Really, really, really pleased. I'm not even displeased at the way I look, for the most part! You can hardly see my turkey neck, and my smile doesn't look too stupid in most of them. My sisters both have big, toothy smiles, with straight teeth, but I feel silly if I smile with my teeth. But that's okay!

I can't wait to get some actual prints of these! I wonder if I can figure out how to do it? That's always the question. I tried to change my Facebook photo to one of them last night and couldn't find the place to do it. I've done it before, but that means nothing when you're senile.

I'm not too senile to remember the love of my family, though, and the warmth I feel when I think of Jeff planning the whole party, getting people here, organizing the photo shoot, and everything else. You should all be so blessed to have kids like mine!

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 03:48 pm

Very cool! Love all the pictures. Was that Beth's original wedding dress?
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 11 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm

No, we still have the original one, but we figured out that between cleaning and minor alterations, it would be just as expensive to wear the original one as to rent a new one.
Jeff J. Snider
My NEW weight-loss blog

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Tue 15 Oct, 2013 04:38 pm

Nice!

Our 10th is coming up in February, and we'll be home for Christmas this year, which means we'll be near the temple where we got married. It would be a couple months before our actual anniversary, but I would like to do family pics at the temple while we are there for Christmas.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 08:57 am

Lovely pictures! What a great way to celebrate an anniversary and nice use of kids as props! (and I mean that in a good way)

I can't wait to take family pictures with ALL of my children again, but that will not happen for 2 years, and even then, it might be longer with them most likely living away and rarely visiting. GAH and I might have to move, especially if grandchildren happen along (not this year, I'm pretty sure).

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 01:01 pm

I only had two boys on missions at the same time for about six months, GAF, and it was hard. Happy, of course, but sentimental sadness, too, when I thought of how long it would be until we were together again. I remember when Jeff was leaving, and Lane said, "See you in two years!" and Jeff said, "More like 3 1/2 years," because Lane is 18 months younger. It kind of took Lane aback, and me, too. When they were both out, I kept telling people that I'd sent three boys on missions, but only one of them had come home, and that's not good odds.

But eventually they all did, and while I miss every one of them nearly every day, l can really enjoy the times when we're all together, which seems to happen at least once a year. Once any more of them are married it might be harder, but I just enjoy being with whoever is around. And I love that various groups of them get together other times, even without me organizing it.

I'm a happy mom.

Return to “Main Forum”