ImAdHis avatar popping up in weird places?

The place for suggestions, complaints, bug reports, and anything else related to this message board

Moderator: Eric's Moderator Brother

wilkster1

ImAdHis avatar popping up in weird places?

Postby wilkster1 » Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:31 pm

ImAdHis avatar has replaced one of the message board icons, it looks like to me... that B&W photo her and this guy is popping up in the place of some other icon... I see it, for instance, in the dark blue bottom border of most of the board pages, and also as the icon next to one of the threads in the main board... It has been doing this off and on for several days.

The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't seem to occur in any sort of predictable way. Next time I see one, I'll do a screen capture and send it in if that will help.
"Isn't it great how every time the Pentagon does something wrong, we let them investigate it themselves? We should let guys who rob '7-11s' do that." - Mouse, Pearls Before Swine.

I.Jason

Postby I.Jason » Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:53 am

I don't see it replacing buttons or links, I just get directed to that pic when I click on some links or buttons - again, random.
Well, if you bite someone for running out of alcohol, you kind of have to expect to be beaten with a reptile.

--Slash

wilkster1

Postby wilkster1 » Thu 26 Aug, 2004 06:31 pm

I tried clearing out my temporary internet files and stuff, and the problem went away temporarily, but now it's back... I have taken some screen shots.

At this point, it is replacing my own avatar in my own postings, and also the "msnm" button -- but only intermittently.

I guess I'm the only person who is seeing this, though. If you want, I'll send the screen shots somewhere.
"Isn't it great how every time the Pentagon does something wrong, we let them investigate it themselves? We should let guys who rob '7-11s' do that." - Mouse, Pearls Before Swine.

Zannah

Postby Zannah » Fri 27 Aug, 2004 12:41 am

No, if I come to the site and I'm not logged in, I see her avatar for the msnm button too. Once I log in it generally goes away, though.

I.Jason

Postby I.Jason » Wed 08 Sep, 2004 09:42 am

Ok, now I see it under EVERY post on the board.

Can we fix this?
Well, if you bite someone for running out of alcohol, you kind of have to expect to be beaten with a reptile.

--Slash

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:09 am

So.... how was it fixed? Or was it?

I would see my avatar around too but thought it was just in my computer until Jos mentioned it.

I have been having my avatars hosted at tinypic.com lately (after a couple of nerds in the forum recommended the site). I don't know if tinypic.com is relevant to the problem or not.

I really am a human person. If you prick me, will I not bleed? I AM NOT A VIRUS!!!
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:50 am

I currently see her avatar in place of several emoticons to the left of the post box. Sometimes it shows up under every post. Sometimes when I click "next page" her avatar shows up instead of the page, unless I click on the actual page number that I want. But just a minute ago, I opened a NEW WINDOW (which opened up to MSN), typed in www.chubbygirlbrigade.com, and when the page opened up, all I could see was ImAdhis' big hair avatar. Somebody PLEASE do something about this!!!
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Tue 28 Sep, 2004 11:01 am

I think it has to do with hosting photos at tinypic.com. When Reeder had his scabby-face avatar, I kept seeing it everywhere too. I found out he was hosting his avatar at tinypic.com.

Coincidence? I think not. But why would that occur???
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Thu 02 Mar, 2006 01:12 am

I know this was a long time ago, but I just recently had a similar experience, where random images from the board would show up in weird places. For me, it started right after I installed Norton Internet Security; I uninstalled yesterday, and I haven't seen the issue since. Is anyone still having this problem? And if so, do you have Norton installed?
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu 02 Mar, 2006 09:26 am

Never seen this. Don't have Norton IS. FWIW.
goto 10

wilkster1

Postby wilkster1 » Thu 02 Mar, 2006 11:28 am

Hey, Jeff:

When this happened, I think I determined it was due to the URL for my avatar changing...somehow, when the board code tried to pull my avatar image and didn't find it, it was somehow pulling another image in its place.

Once I changed/updated the URL for my avatar image, the problem disappeared.

That's what I know. :)

Return to “Website Support Forum”