Login Issues

The place for suggestions, complaints, bug reports, and anything else related to this message board

Moderator: Eric's Moderator Brother

rambit

Login Issues

Postby rambit » Fri 05 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm

I have to login at least twice... the first login doesn't take. I've experienced this at home, work, and at my friend's place in AZ; with Firefox, IE, and Avant. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, my avatar is no longer linked. Did it offend anyone? I know it has that potential.

I can see all the emoticons now :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

~Zesdy~

Re: Login Issues

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 02:25 am

rambit wrote:I have to login at least twice... the first login doesn't take. I've experienced this at home, work, and at my friend's place in AZ; with Firefox, IE, and Avant. Does anyone else have this issue?

No, you're the only one and it's because you're Jewish. *poker face*

rambit wrote: Also, my avatar is no longer linked. Did it offend anyone? I know it has that potential.

The reason your avatar is no longer working... has nothing to do with us. I seriously doubt anyone was offended by it. Bottom line is, what I discovered in my investigation, is the page you were linking the image from no longer exists. To help you out though...I did find the image on another page. (I heart image searches.)So, I copied it and saved it on my photobucket.com account. You are more than welcome to use it. Here is the image:

And here is its URL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/Zesdy/star3w.gif

And no need to thank me. It's what Jesus would do.

As for the login troubles, I have no effin' clue. Someone else will have to help you with that.

rambit

Postby rambit » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 02:40 pm

When I logged into my profile, the link was removed. It's strange because the image is still on my server, and the permissions are the same. I didn't think it offended anyone, and I'm sure the board admin would contact me if it did.

Thanks for putting it in your photobucket.

Still having problems with the login, though.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 03:02 pm

Here is the URL from your image (I was able to get it from your red X, so it hasn't been removed but I can see where you would think that. When I go to my profile, when anyone goes to their profile, that area is blank whether they have an image or not. It's blank to put in an image url or to put in a new image url if you want to change your current image.):

http://ciego.org/images/star3w-s.gif

When I open a window and paste in that URL this is the message I get:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the ciego.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Seriously, no one has removed your image. If someone had, you wouldn't even have a red X

Perhaps it's your guilty conscience speaking. :twisted:

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 05:49 pm

No one has removed your avatar, and I can still see it just fine. As for the login issues, I have never heard of that before.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 06:03 pm

I still see the red X

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm

In just the last couple of days, but not today, I couldn't log in the first time, either. It said the server could not be found. One time I was already logged in, and was just trying to open the Main Forum when it gave me thaqt message. But it seems to be fine now.

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Sun 07 Aug, 2005 01:31 am

I've been having a similar login problem both at home and at work. I can log in just fine but it doesn't show me the new posts unless I enter from my bookmark, which is set to the page with me already logged in and "remembered". (Does that make sense? I don't know the technical term for that.)
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Sun 07 Aug, 2005 11:12 am

I vaguely remember someone having this problem in the past, and I seem to remember that it had something to do with the URL you type in. If you don't type the www. at the beginning, it doesn't work, but if you do, it does, or something like that. Try that.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

rambit

Postby rambit » Mon 08 Aug, 2005 01:17 am

I usually skip the 'www', but I tried and logged in fine.

My avatar is back; my server was the issue. I tested a CMS for a customer, and it aliased the default images directory to it's images directory.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Mon 08 Aug, 2005 01:22 am

I'm glad you were able to solve what was going on. And, I told you so! *runs away to avoid getting smacked*

Return to “Website Support Forum”