PM question

The place for suggestions, complaints, bug reports, and anything else related to this message board

Moderator: Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

PM question

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:32 pm

What is the difference, on the private message section, between the Outbox and the Sent box? If this is a really, really dumb question, please delete and answer me privately.

WiseNLucky

Re: PM question

Postby WiseNLucky » Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:35 pm

Momma Snider wrote:What is the difference, on the private message section, between the Outbox and the Sent box? If this is a really, really dumb question, please delete and answer me privately.

Not dumb. I wondered and then sort of figured it out. I'll find out if I'm wrong! :D

When you send a PM, it goes to the Out box. When the person you sent the message to logs in, the message goes to them and then moves to your Sent box. So if a message stays in Out for a long time, it's because the other person has not yet logged in.
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:42 pm

WiseNLucky is almost exactly right. A message stays in the Outbox until the person you sent it to reads it, at which point it moves to your Sent box. It is an easy little way to tell if the person you sent the message to has read it yet -- and as long as it is in the Outbox, I think you can even still edit it. (I know I have an edit button on PMs in my Outbox, and I don't see any reason why it would be an Admin-only thing, so I assume it is there for everyone.)
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 10 Jan, 2006 03:44 pm

Oh! That's a good thing to know! Thanks, both of you.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:15 am

Here's another PM question. Would it be possible to make it so that a PM can go to more than one person like an e-mail can? This could be very useful for times when you want to talk to more than one person about something you wouldn't necessarily want posted on the board and it would provide a nice alternative to having to share your e-mail address with people.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:51 am

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope, sorry.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:56 am

Mark,

I'm sure you figured this out, but, in case you didn't --

You can always send the message to the first person and then go to the "Sent" area, copy the text of the message and paste it into a new PM that you send to the second person, and so on. Not as fast as sending a message to multiple profiles at once but not much slower either.
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:42 pm

jeff: thanks anyway
WNL: Thanks

Return to “Website Support Forum”