RSS feeds

The place for suggestions, complaints, bug reports, and anything else related to this message board

Moderator: Eric's Moderator Brother

wilkster1

RSS feeds

Postby wilkster1 » Wed 10 May, 2006 05:24 pm

Hey, Jeff:

I notice that although I have Eric's blog set up in my newsreader as an RSS feed (Okay, it's Yahoo Mail beta that I'm using as a newsreader, which admittedly could be part of the problem), the most recent posting showing up in there is Saturday, January 7th. Of course, we all know there have been more recent postings than that.

Is there any reason that the postings previous to that show up, but subsequent postings do not? I'm not an expert on RSS, but I'd think it would be an all-or-nothing proposition.
"Isn't it great how every time the Pentagon does something wrong, we let them investigate it themselves? We should let guys who rob '7-11s' do that." - Mouse, Pearls Before Swine.

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Wed 10 May, 2006 06:10 pm

I had never used the RSS reader in Yahoo mail but I just added Eric's blog and they all showed up just fine. Is the feed line right? Right-click it, go to properties and make sure that it's the same address as in my screenshot.
<a href="http://family.jasonlwright.com/"><b><i>I got a blog...</i></b></a>

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Wed 10 May, 2006 08:11 pm

When we switched to the new design in January, we also switched Eric's blog to WordPress, which meant a change in the RSS feed address, too.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

wilkster1

Postby wilkster1 » Wed 10 May, 2006 10:21 pm

Thanks, Jason and Jeff. When I added the new url (for those who are to lazy to click on the link Jason so kindly posted, the new RSS feed url is www.ericdsnider.com/blog/feed).
"Isn't it great how every time the Pentagon does something wrong, we let them investigate it themselves? We should let guys who rob '7-11s' do that." - Mouse, Pearls Before Swine.

pizzocalabro

Postby pizzocalabro » Thu 11 May, 2006 09:11 am

wilkster1 wrote:Thanks, Jason and Jeff. When I added the new url (for those who are to lazy to click on the link Jason so kindly posted, the new RSS feed url is www.ericdsnider.com/blog/feed).

Minus the right parenthesis.

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:39 am

Jeff,

I don't know enough about php and phpBB, but is there a way to enable RSS for this board?

Just curious if there was a way to get things as a feed.
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

Jason Leslie Wright

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:45 am

There are currently 3 mods on the phpBB website to do it. I have never understood why RSS would be beneficial for a message board though. The 3 mods are here, here, and here.
<a href="http://family.jasonlwright.com/"><b><i>I got a blog...</i></b></a>

Return to “Website Support Forum”