search feature

The place for suggestions, complaints, bug reports, and anything else related to this message board

Moderator: Eric's Moderator Brother

Mark

search feature

Postby Mark » Tue 11 Jul, 2006 10:28 am

Just a suggestion:

I'd like the search feature on the board to point to the exact post where the keywords you searched for can be found, rather than just the thread where it can be found. and, for the rare case of a long post, I'd like the keywords highlighted somehow so you can scan the post and go right to your answer.

Jason Leslie Wright

Re: search feature

Postby Jason Leslie Wright » Tue 11 Jul, 2006 10:40 am

Mark wrote:Just a suggestion:

I'd like the search feature on the board to point to the exact post where the keywords you searched for can be found, rather than just the thread where it can be found. and, for the rare case of a long post, I'd like the keywords highlighted somehow so you can scan the post and go right to your answer.
It actually already does that. On the search screen if you select Display results as Posts it will show the post. If you click the link after the word Subject it goes to the thread and jumps straight to the post that it found the word in and the word/phrase that you searched for is in bold orange letters rather than normal black not so bold letters.
<a href="http://family.jasonlwright.com/"><b><i>I got a blog...</i></b></a>

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm

I never even noticed that was an option. Almost like it was hidden away. thanks for pointing it out!

Return to “Website Support Forum”