Game: IF I were a homosexual...

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Sophocles

Postby Sophocles » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 12:04 pm

Anyone see Scrubs last night? Gay chicken? That's what this thread reminds me of.

The actors I'm most attracted to are probably Matt Damon and the Wilson brothers. Including the older one--Andrew, I think--even though I only saw him in one movie, the abysmal Charlie's Angels sequel. Still, he was in a cop uniform. Tasty!

I can't think of any others that do anything for me. I'm going through the usual suspects in my head--Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford--and while I see the appeal, I just don't get it.

Yep, I'm sticking with Matt Damon and the Wilson brothers.

If I were gay.

Which I'm not.

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 12:15 pm

Perhaps a slight twist on the question will help some open up a bit:

If I were gay (which I am not) I definitely would NOT find Keanu Reeves attractive. I just don't get what people see in him.

I also would avoid all of the Baldwin Brothers. They just scream sleazy-New-Yawker to me.

Chad
Not currently in need of a hag

Sophocles

Postby Sophocles » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:08 pm

Deepdish,

I agree on both counts. In fact, over my lunch break, I asked my wife to name all the hunky guys to see if she could help me remember any others that I might be attracted to.

If I were gay.

Which I'm not.

Baldwins and Keanu Reeves both came up. They don't do it for me, either. But, in the process, I remembered one more that I would be attracted to: Matthew McConaughey. I'd be all over him.

If I were looking to switch teams.

Which I'm not.

I.Jason

Postby I.Jason » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm

George Clooney
Young Harrison Ford (after fixing his hair)
Matt Damon (maybe)

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Excuse me, I need to go scrub out my brain for a bit. :wink:
Well, if you bite someone for running out of alcohol, you kind of have to expect to be beaten with a reptile.

--Slash

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:34 pm

I.Jason,

You didn't say if those were guys you would.. or wouldn't go after.
Answer quickly, apparently your manhood depends on it! :wink:

Chad

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:40 pm

Alec Baldwin does it for me. Does what? I can't remember.

Sophocles

Postby Sophocles » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm

I'm sorry, I got another one. Jimmy Fallon. I love that guy. I'm just not in love with him.

But I might be.

If I were gay.

Which I'm not.

(Now I'm reminded of the Friends episode where Chandler keeps saying "I'm really not...")

And while (strictly hypothetical) gay Soph may have a thing for Jimmy Fallon, straight Soph has a thing for Tina Fey. I guess you could say I really like Weekend Update.

I.Jason

Postby I.Jason » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:51 pm

Hypothetical gay Jos would like those guys.

There are probably others, but hypothetical gay Jos would be too busy at work to think of them right now.

So am I, come to think of it.
Well, if you bite someone for running out of alcohol, you kind of have to expect to be beaten with a reptile.

--Slash

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 02:57 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 04:23 pm

Thanks to those that answered my compliment question. I'm so relieved to learn that I can give a man a general compliment without it being taken the wrong way. I'm sure there are exceptions, because there are some men that I can blatantly say. with all seriousness, "Leave me alone and die!" and he will twist it to mean "She must really love me." Overall, and psychos aside, it does give me relief to know that I can still continue to give general compliments.

How about - If it didn't make me look gay, what same-sex person would I find attractive? - just a thought

OK, men, does Ren's suggestion work for you guys? (It seems like it does and I like it, but I'm a woman.) Should I go ahead and use Ren's suggestion and change the thread title?

Oh...one more thing. I saw this and it reminded me that some guys would rather die than play. In a way, it's kind of endearing. But, ultimately, I know that I'd drive that type of man bananas. I guess I want the type of husband where I can name off all the hunky men (yay!) that I find attractive and it won't injure his ego.*

*That's a compliment.

Huzzak

Postby Huzzak » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 04:36 pm

Matt wrote:Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Of course not. I mean, it's fine if thats who you are.

Incidentally, gay Joshua (whose cross-section on the probability axis is so incredibly minute it is practically nonexistent, really, just so you know) would probably be attracted to Harrison Ford. Well, a younger Harrison Ford. Say, a Han Solo Harrison Ford. With shorter hair.

Now not-gay Joshua is going to do his homework and disavow any knowledge of this post. Except for the first two sentences. Those are grade A material. Hoorak.

fierydarts
Location: A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Postby fierydarts » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 04:37 pm

Don't change the question. Ren's suggestion doesn't change the meaning in any useful way, and just makes the whole thing more confusing. Your original question was hypothetical, so it's not like we're supposed to be saying "I'm gay, and this is who I find attractive!" After all, can you imagine a world without any hypothetical questions?
There are 10 kinds of people, those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

SigurAdam

Postby SigurAdam » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 04:41 pm

If I were gay I'd dig Mathew McConaughey. He's a handsome man. I'd also go for Jude Law, if I were gay.
Just thinking about the guys I would go for, if I were gay, makes me feel kind of funny.

Strude

From SEINFELD

Postby Strude » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 04:43 pm

Elaine: You know, just admitting that another man is attractive doesn't necessarily make you a homosexual.
George: It doesn't help.

Ryan Reeder

Postby Ryan Reeder » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:40 pm

Please don't take this as an official Ryan Reeder post. I don't stand behind it. I probably ought to post as Legion again, but I sensed that that bugged some people.

OK--Ren's statement was just a rephrasing of the same question. Didn't change anything. What guy wouldn't you mind looking like? might be an alternative.

[My statement was restated by someone else on page 4, so I'm removing it because I don't like saying it].

That's the part I don't want to be quoted on. So why am I putting it out permanently for public access with my name next to it for all the world to see for now and through all eternity? Because I'm using disclaimers. That's why. The whole idea is still stupid, methinks.
Last edited by Ryan Reeder on Fri 27 Feb, 2004 06:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sachiko

Postby sachiko » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:46 pm

I've noticed that women are getting a little squeamish about same-sex complimenting. For instance: once of my closest friends in my ward said to me, "Hey, you're really losing that baby weight. Your hips look great!" She paused, then said, "Not that I'm queer or anything."

My husband worries that he's a lesbian trapped in a man's body. :roll:

I'm trying to think of what woman I'd go for, but someone said "Viggo Mortenson" and my mind is all a'skiwumpus.

smeetuffe

Postby smeetuffe » Wed 25 Feb, 2004 11:09 pm

Yes, what would life be without hypotheticals? I love hypotheticals. Ooh, new pet pleasure post!

Also, if Elaine says it's okay, who am I to argue?

Since people mentioned Viggo, as long as we're thinking of Lord of the Rings actors, my gay paradigm would be attracted to Billy Boyd. I think it would be fun to stuff him on a shelf, no?

Hmm... George makes a good point though.
"Pretty isn't beautiful... Pretty is what changes. What the eye arranges is what is beautiful."

-Sundayinthe Park with George

HBdoubleJ

Postby HBdoubleJ » Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:29 am

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ryan Seacrest, The Rock, Chris Carabba (sp?) (He is Dashboard's lead singer, however he would need to rid himself of the tatoos.)

You know what is odd? I don't feel any different after comenting on this thread.

Later....
"Life is like a movie. Only you can't pick your genre."

fierydarts
Location: A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Postby fierydarts » Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:47 am

Mmm smeet, you're right. Billy's great. But then I think we've all unfairly overlooked all the hobbits. I'd take Frodo for his brooding nature, but I think I'd be happiest with Sam. That Rosie's one lucky girl. And I suppose we should add Faramir and Boromir. Either one is fine by me.

Also, I think that many of the men who've been posting here are protesting too much. You've got nothing to worry about.

Unless it moved.
There are 10 kinds of people, those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:55 am

:lol:

Return to “Games”