Game: IF I were a homosexual...

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:11 pm

I could never be a lesbian. I can barely stand myself half the time because I am such a moody girl. Most girls are just as moody, and I wouldn't want to deal with another me all the time. Then the half that aren't moody are fake and/or prissy, and I can't stand that either. That's probably why I've always had more male friends than female friends.

Hence, I can't even begin to imagine who I would find attractive if I were a lesbian. Girls bug me. The end.
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

who's this guy?

Postby who's this guy? » Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:25 pm

If I was ga..ga..ga gay, I'd pick one guy settle in and not make my sexuality the focus of my identity. I've said in other posts, that I have a good friend that is gay...you would NEVER know it without knowing him well; he acts like just another guy. ''Swishy" queers bug the hell out of me.

Anyway if I was gay, I'd be a lesbian, and I'd go for this really hot girl I've seen here on campus :lol:

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:14 pm

Ditto Audrey on so many levels--moody especially. I've always felt more comfortable around boys, too, and have way more in common with them. And that is why I have no friends, except my husband. I have a hard time getting along nicely with a lot of the women at church and don't know the neighbors at all well (another thing I have to work on) and being buddy-buddy with the men I know and being married just doesn't jive.

I've tried thinking of a female actress or whatever that I even like and I can't think of one. Most of them bug the heck out of me. They're all too thin!

MoJo

Postby MoJo » Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm

I'm an official card-carrying member of the "Female Heterosexuals Who Would Completely Switch Teams For Rachel Bilson" club.

And those of you who know that this is how its done in The O.C. know what I'm talking about...

:wink:

Sara without the H

Another advantage of homosexuality

Postby Sara without the H » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 09:54 am

This is changing the subject a bit, but I didn't know where else to post this. On this birth control information site http://www.ultimatebirthcontrol.com/, homosexuality is listed as a method of birth control.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 10:52 am

True, it is an option for birth control. It would be hard to carry in my purse though. :)

saltamonte

Postby saltamonte » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 02:25 pm

who's this guy? wrote:If I was ga..ga..ga gay, I'd pick one guy settle in and not make my sexuality the focus of my identity.
Question: as a straight man, is your sexuality the focus of your identity? Wow... there are so many things I could mean by that, I'm not sure what I actually do mean. The way I play with language, sometimes the words come to me first and the meanings some time later. But it's an interesting question, ¿no?

Salt

petullant

Postby petullant » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 03:40 pm

No.

(hehe)
"Sometimes, I don't understand you people." Kiki

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." -- Dorothy Parker

petullant

Postby petullant » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 05:55 pm

New addition to my list!
http://www.joannou.net/petullant/003306.html

I like her brother (http://www.joannou.net/petullant/002434.html) too. Mmmmm.
"Sometimes, I don't understand you people." Kiki

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." -- Dorothy Parker

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 06:00 pm

saltamonte wrote:Question: as a straight man, is your sexuality the focus of your identity?

Please allow me this opportunity to use your words and twist them. *coughs to clear throat* Here goes:

Salt, I don't know how many of the girls in the Village will feel like responding to your question (normally I'd say "none," but women do have free agency), but I'm thinking it'll be a cold day in hell (oops, I typed it),
before any of the girls here will start thinking about becoming straight men.

Firebyrd

Postby Firebyrd » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 07:58 pm

I agree this thread is oooky. And I have not a homosexual bone in my body. While I can hypothetically look at women and say that some are attractive or easy on the eyes or whatever, I can't even imagine actually being physically attracted to one.

Since my world centers around the Buffy-verse far too often, the only examples I can think of off the top of my head are from that. The woman who played Darla (Julie Benz?) was pretty nice. Or at least her voice was. Purry and velvety and rumbly, the quality was such that it reminded me of the oh-so-sexy Val Kilmer-as-Bruce-Wayne. Amy Acker looks very nice at times as well, particularly in the hallucination episode where she pulled Angel's guts out.

On the other hand, I can't for the life of my imagine why Willow turned gay over /Tara/ of all people. Or stayed so with Kennedy. Gag.
"You're a wee little puppet man!"

saltamonte

Postby saltamonte » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 10:32 pm

~Zesdy~ wrote:Would you like to offer an alternative wording to my question, Salt? One that men would understand that this is not to be taken literally.
Sorry. I just can't think of any way that I can talk about guys being attractive to guys that doesn't feel WRONG!!! (Sorry; didn't mean to shout.) I can talk about which guys are attractive to girls, and I'm still trying to figure out whether that's what you mean. But men don't like to think about being attracted to other men. Do any of the guys here disagree and feel like explaining it to me?

I have a "feminine side," and that side of me likes women, too, so it may be gay. I hope I'm not frustrating you too much (though my exes might say it's to be expected; I'm quite obstinate at times), but that's the way it is.
Last edited by saltamonte on Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:01 pm

Perhaps we are coming from a different point of view. When I say I think another woman is attractive...doesn't mean I want to in any way have a relationship with that person...or that the person can influence me to switch teams merely on the basis that I think the person is pretty. The bottom line is...I love men. I love my friends that are girls too...but not in that way. No matter how pretty.

I will admit, though (and this is my own opinion) the men that have shared who they thought were handsome, or who they thought had great personalities, made me view them as men secure in their masculinity. For instance, Huzzak made me laugh out loud when he chose himself and when a couple of the other men started joking around that Viggo is good-lookin'. Very clever, in my opinion, The way in which they addressed the silly question. Why doesn't it bother me? Because I know they are joking and would never act on it. I know they are not being serious. And as I have stated twice before...I can understand where some would be uncomfortable. If it does feel deeply wrong to you...then don't do it. I can respect that, and seriously...no one is forcing you to participate.

sachiko

Postby sachiko » Sun 29 Feb, 2004 10:41 pm

I was talking to my husband about this thread, especially about Viggo. We saw LotR: TRotK last night at an IMAX theater, and have been walking around in a happy Tolkien fog ever since. :D

When I watch movies now, I noticed the Girl Parts and the Guy Parts. The Girl Parts are typical chick-flicky moments; Guy Parts include really awesome fight scenes. (Did I jsut say "awesome"? Oh well. Let's hear it for the 80's!)

Like that scene in Fellowship of the Ring, after Frodo has been stabbed by that Ringwraith and Aragorn comes in, totally kicking their nazguls with a sword and torch. He gets rid of all but one, which he hears coming up behind him. He targets by sound and whirls around, flinging the torch.

From what I've heard, most guys at that point so totally want to be Aragorn. I think that's what a male crush is: wanting to be the other guy.
Guys, am I wrong?

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sun 29 Feb, 2004 11:44 pm

I think you're right, Sach,...but , well, I'm a woman. I do look forward to reading the men's responses to your question though. If it turns out to be the case, it is similar to how women admire (or envy) other women because the woman has a partiular trait/s the other desires. Speaking of beautiful, here is one of my friends that I find absolutely gorgeous.

For some, all she needs is glasses.

Here's another where she has long hair. (And an artist's rendition of the same photo.)

ImageImage

Why can't I be gay? It would be so easy. She's already gay, I love her, and she loves me too, despite her knowing my feelings against same-sex marriage. I guess, my straight tendancies are getting in the way. Oh, well.

To be serious, when she told me she was gay, I was surprised. She definitely doesn't fit the stereotypical mold. But then again, she is my friend.

Edits-Made some URL adjustments.
Last edited by ~Zesdy~ on Mon 01 Mar, 2004 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

sachiko

Postby sachiko » Sun 29 Feb, 2004 11:54 pm

Wow. She IS gorgeous.

Yeah. I'm starting to think that a lot of homosexual tendencies is wanting to be other people of the same sex.

Funny, in the British books I've read, they often mention "crushes" girls get on other girls, but without sexual connotations. I remember crushes like that back in school....you know, wanting to be friends with a certain girl very, very badly; wanting to look just like her...

Now, I didn't have a crush like that. But I remember that going on.

And there is this one sister in my ward that I'm really close to and who is a mentor of mine. She's not a crush, more like a favorite aunt. But I'm her groupie all the same.

Don't you think it's kind of unfortunate that non-sexual relationships are sexualized now? I swear, I can't hardly hug anyone from Relief Society, and I really love most of the women in my ward. I almost feel more comfortable going around and hugging random Elder's Quorum members.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Mon 01 Mar, 2004 12:14 am

Sach wrote:Don't you think it's kind of unfortunate that non-sexual relationships are sexualized now?

Yes, I do think it's sad. I remember when I was 12 and my mom would hold my hand and I would worry about people thinking her and I were lesbians. (It was an unnecessary worry, since I look like her and it's obvious that I'm her daughter. But, well, most 12-year-olds (particularly boys) don't want to look (or think they look) like their mothers...unless their mother is Vanessa Williams.) Now that I'm older, I don't care if my mom holds my hand. I also don't care what others might think when I hug another woman.

gamma_helix

Postby gamma_helix » Mon 01 Mar, 2004 12:21 am

sachiko wrote:When I watch movies now, I noticed the Girl Parts and the Guy Parts.

Wow. I so misinterpreted this statement until I read the next sentence. And I couldn't resist mentioning it. My apologies.

Speaking as a guy, I think you are correct - a big part of the 'guy crush' is wanting to be like the guy, for me at least.

If I were unhetero and unmarried, I would have to pick Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro, post shave and haircut.

sachiko

Postby sachiko » Mon 01 Mar, 2004 12:25 am

:rofl:

I cannot believe that kind of thing escaped my notice. My dirty little mind usually catches double entendres like that one. Oh, well, the unintended ones are the best.

sachiko

Postby sachiko » Mon 01 Mar, 2004 12:29 am

Oh, and I don't really care what women think. I mean, I feel weird about hugging church women, at church. The only people who would see me hugging them would be people who personally know me, as well as my DH and my monkey troupe (my kids).

Maybe I just have a personal space problem.

But I do remember holding hands with my bestest friends in elementary schools, and having that frowned upon as I got older. My school in the Bay Area (that's San Francisco territory) was pretty strict about anybody touching anybody, for any reason.

Well, food for thought.

Return to “Games”