This or That?

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

KMD

Re: This or That?

Postby KMD » Thu 07 Apr, 2011 07:25 am

We were talking about...

Prego or Ragu?
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 07 Apr, 2011 08:57 am

Whichever is cheaper. I think it's Ragu that goes on sale for $1 now and then. Usually I use Hunt's, because it's always $1, but now that I only cook for two or three, I don't use a full can, so it's nice to have it in a jar with a lid.

Chicken Noodle or Tomato soup?

Card

Postby Card » Thu 07 Apr, 2011 10:37 am

Tomato with grilled cheese, please.

Hopscotch or four square?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 14 Apr, 2011 10:50 pm

Hmmm...four square was one of my favorites back in the day, but I suspect I've lost my talent for it, what with not having used it in 50 years. Hopscotch would have to be my choice.

Telemarketers or door-to-door salesmen?

Card

Postby Card » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 02:48 pm

I think telemarketers, mostly because the door-to-door types are often children or teenagers to whom I find it very difficult to say no. Somehow it's easy to tell telemarketers that I'm not interested without being rude. Also, it's their job, and I understand that if it weren't profitable to make calls like that, then I wouldn't be getting a call. Obviously some people like telemarketers and buy from them. Just not me.

Chicken or shrimp?

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 09:22 am

To quote Joey Tribbiani from Friends "Put your hands together."

Don't make me choose, I want them both, and as it's lunchtime, I want them both right now!

Chinese or Japanese food?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 10:12 am

I like Chinese. I liked Japanese, too, the one time I had it authentically, in Hawaii, but the whole occasion was ruined by my accidental tasting of the fresh ginger that was served with the dinner.

We had gone there with Rocky's boss, who had served a mission in Japan, and I impressed him with my ability to use the chopsticks, but I'm sure the impression was ruined by my reaction to the ginger, what with the gagging and hacking and screaming in horror. Nasty stuff, at least when you aren't expecting it.

Cadbury or Hershey chocolate?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 09:00 pm

Cadbury, if it's from England, like the little piece of it I had a few days ago at Steve & April's house. He had just brought it back from England, and I do NOT know why it tastes so much better than the Cadbury chocolate we have here in the US of A, but by cracky, there IS a big difference.

I always thought people who said that were just being snobbish or something. Nope. Turns out, they are right. It tastes like good quality chocolate used to taste back when I was a kid and everything tasted better. :wink:

But Hershey's is fine with me, actually. I just don't like chocolate as much as I used to, I guess. Even the See's Candy that Jenny sent us a couple of months ago didn't make me do cartwheels in my head, like it usually does. I'm getting old and cranky.

Online magazines or paper magazines?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 09:40 pm

Paper magazines, because I like to read them in the bathtub.

My daughter-in-law, whose mother is British and has been to England a few times, agrees about English Cadbury. I like the American type, so I'm sure I'd love the English.

And online magazines or paper magazines? I'm interested in what others have to say.

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 15 May, 2012 01:32 pm

Currently, paper magazines but online newspapers. Mostly because people keep giving us magazine subscriptions that we don't really want as presents, so they end up in the "reading room".

Disneyland or Walt Disney World?

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 15 May, 2012 02:15 pm

Although I've never been to either Disney, I'd prefer to go to Disney World because I think I'd be more interested in Epcot. Naturally, I would not know until I actually got there though.

I'm probably not allowed to give three options, but I'm going to anyway:

Splenda/sucralose *or* Equal/aspartame *or* Sweet'n Low/saccharin (if you must use an artificial sweetener for whatever reason)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 15 May, 2012 02:17 pm

I choose Disneyland, but then I've never been to the florida one. It seems like it would be overwhelming, unless you had the time and the energy to spend several days at it.

But I would like to hear what others say, especially those who have been to both places.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 15 May, 2012 02:18 pm

Scott answered while I was typing. I know nothing of artificial sweeteners, but I'd like to hear opinions about that, too.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 16 May, 2012 02:58 pm

Splenda. I think it doesn't have such a nasty, bitter aftertaste like some other artificial sweeteners.

Corn on the cob: White or yellow?

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 17 May, 2012 10:43 am

The diabetics in my family would agree with you, KareNin, they all favor Splenda too.

Corn on the cob: Either! Both! I even like the mixed corn that has both yellow and white on the same ear. Mmmmm!

Green beans: fresh or from a can?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 17 May, 2012 02:18 pm

Green beans fresh, or frozen. Especially cooked with lots of lean bacon pieces! Which I never, ever do, except I think last Christmas Eve, but they remind me of my childhood.

Cilantro: yes or no? Emphatically no no no no no for me, but I realize I'm not everyone.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 18 May, 2012 01:13 pm

Green beans: fresh. Except, when I was pregnant for Brenda, I craved canned green beans. I'd open up a can and just fork those beans right into my mouth. Fresh home-grown green beans, cooked in the pressure cooker with a little bit of bacon: heaven on earth. (This is where KMD says she's afraid of pressure cookers, innit? Or did I just dream that?)

Cilantro: Tastes like soap when there's too much of it. If you use just a tiny bit, it's okay. I prefer to err on the side of Not Puking, and skip it.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 18 May, 2012 03:43 pm

That's exactly what I say about cilantro! It tastes like soap! Did I mention the dignified dinner I went to a few months ago, with the bishops and stake presidency, and I took my first bite of salad and almost gagged? It was nearly as much cilantro as lettuce. I was visibly affected by that nasty, nasty taste, and it took me a couple of seconds to compose myself.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 18 May, 2012 05:27 pm

I think you would have been well within your rights, as a human being and a guest of the Stake Presidency, to gag and hack as if afflicted by a hairball. Nobody who feels the same way about cilantro (me, for instance) would have thought less of you.

The fact that you were able to maintain your composure in the face of such horror says a lot about your character, Laurie. Well done!

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 21 May, 2012 07:57 am

You must have dreamed it, KareNin. I have never used a pressure cooker, and am completely ambivalent towards them. I do have a long standing, well documented love affair with my crock pot though.

And I agree with you on the cilantro. Tastes like soap, but I like a little, like in salsa, or a tad bit mixed in with a salad. But if there was as much cilantro as lettuce, I'd have trouble holding back the vomit face too.

Cats or dogs?

Return to “Games”