This or That?

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Lady Celtic

Re: This or That?

Postby Lady Celtic » Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:23 pm

Pastrami! But it has to be done right.

Monet, because I prefer flowers.

Hacking cough or fever and chills?
You're unique, just like everyone else!

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 18 Oct, 2012 07:27 am

I want neither! Keep them away!!!

If I must choose, I'll take the hacking cough. I hate the fever and chills, they just make you feel even worse. Like you can't trust your own body to know what temperature you should be.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Fri 19 Oct, 2012 02:12 pm

Pssst....KMD, you're supposed to submit a new choice.
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 22 Oct, 2012 07:04 am

Whoops! My bad!

Well, I'm watching a documentary on the puppeteer behind Elmo, soo...

Jim Henson or Frank Oz?

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:29 pm

Insufficient data! Well, except Jim Henson did Kermit, who is my favorite, so I'll go with Jim.

Sitting at a dining room table--chair or bench?

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 07:25 am

Grown-ups: Chairs
Little kids: Bench

It's so much harder to tip the bench over and crack open your skull!

Side note: Very large grown-ups: Also bench. Because I've already had one dining room chair broken by a family member who didn't know her own... girth.

I'm pretty sure we've already asked cats or dogs, so...

Birds or fish? (Not for dinner! For pets!)

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:46 am

I suppose birds, because they can interact with you more. And sometimes they talk. And sometimes they whistle at you.

Pandora or Spotify?
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Wed 24 Oct, 2012 12:20 pm

Pandora, because some of Spotify's advertising is inappropriate, especially if you're listening with your kids. (YMMV.)

Sewing machines--Singer or Viking? (I have a Janome.)

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 31 Oct, 2012 10:59 am

Singer. Because they just sound happy. I have a Brother, and it doesn't like me any better than my real brother does.

All right, here's one I wonder about a lot, but I can't put it into just three words, with the middle word being "or." In the event of a cataclysmic event, would you rather be one of the ones killed in the disaster (whatever it is), or one of the survivors?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:57 am

I think about that one a lot, too. I've often said that if I'm buried in the rubble of an earthquake, I want to be dead if I'm not rescued within a couple of hours. The same would definitely go for a nuclear holocaust or some other major deal. I don't want to be a survivor if there's anything uncomfortable about it.

Unless, of course, my family survives and they would be sad without me.

More discussion on this one, please.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Wed 31 Oct, 2012 01:22 pm

I...have never thought about that. Um. Survivor, I think. I don't know. From the perspective of trusting in the divine plan, whatever happens to me in a disaster happens for a reason, right? I'd just trust that it was the right thing and that Heavenly Father had some purpose behind it.

Like this summer, when there was a West Nile virus outbreak around here, my visiting teaching companion asked me what I was doing to protect myself from mosquitoes. She was rather surprised when I said "nothing." But my theory is if I get bit, I get bit. If I get sick, I get sick. And it's all part of the plan. I wasn't dancing around in my skimpiest clothing at twilight, inviting bites, but I wasn't about to change how I lived just because the mosquitoes around me may or may not be carrying a deadly disease. I can't control it, so why worry about it?

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 01 Nov, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm in the Survivor camp. I am tough and strong, I am a survivor, and I have a very strong will to live. I have no desire to leave my loved ones without me, no matter how much pain I am in.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 01 Nov, 2012 02:29 pm

I admire both of you for your fortitude. I kind of suspect that if the situation actually arose, I would fight to survive, but especially when it comes to the thought of being trapped in rubble for hours or days, it freaks me out.

Thinking more about it, though, I often look at the miseries of other people and think "I'd rather be dead." And some of those miseries have come to pass in my own life, and I have taken them in stride. So maybe I'd handle a catastrophic event more bravely than I think I would.

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:43 pm

Gum: Bubble gum flavored or mint?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 18 Dec, 2012 07:54 pm

Bubble gum flavor. Eric D. Snider was indirectly responsible for one of the crowns I had to have my dentist replace, a few years back. I'm so vulnerable to the power of suggestion (I guess?) that he had mentioned Dubble Bubble at some point, and I developed this ridiculous craving for the Dubble Bubble gum of my childhood, and since I am now reportedly a grown-up and can do what I want, I bought a box.

And I chewed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE PIECES, and bought another box.

And I had started on the second Box of Syrupy Smacking Gum, when an old crown let go and became embedded in the wad of gum.

You'd think that the trouble and trauma and expense of that little escapade would have turned me off chewing gum forever, but you would be wrong.

In all fairness, though, I almost NEVER chew Bubble gum-flavored gum now; Cinnamon is my favorite, followed by the various mint-family flavors. I know when I'm powerless in the grip of an addiction; just keep that Dubble Bubble FAR AWAY from me.
Geeze, shut UP already, Karen.

For shipping Christmas presents out of state: USPostal Service, or UPS brown? (Or FedEx, if we can list 3...?)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:43 am

The Post Office was WAY cheaper on the box we sent to Utah last week. So they get my vote.

On the gum thing, have I told you my story about why I never, ever chew gum? In February 1981 I went to a baby shower, and the game involved chewing several pieces of gum and then TAKING IT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND SHAPING IT INTO A BABY. I had a reputation back then for always winning at least one game at every shower I went to, so I had to compete whether I wanted to or not, and I won this one. But it was so disgusting! There were teeth marks in it, and they were full of spit. I have not chewed gum since then, although once I did put a piece in my mouth and it felt like it swelled up and absorbed all my saliva and I had to spit it out immediately.

Real Christmas trees: pine or fir?

Return to “Games”