This or That?

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Card

Re: This or That?

Postby Card » Fri 11 Mar, 2011 07:35 pm

Right now I'd say snow because I feel like we haven't really had sufficient winter. It's too warm already, and I don't have time to go outside and enjoy it yet. I want all people to be miserable inside like me, except for the skiers/snowboarders/winter outdoors people who can go ahead and enjoy it.

I do love a good rain, but only because I rarely get those where I live. Constant rain is hard to deal with.

A new camera (if yours was purchased 10 years ago at 3.1 megapixels and you have a sweet trip planned for a safari) or a wood entertainment center upon which you could put your TV, which is currently residing on a coffee table, while your movies stay boxed up in a closet?

It would be cool if more than one person chimed in on this one.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 03:44 pm

This is probably violating the spirit of this game, but I have to answer my own question first, before I chime in on Card's. :?

This winter has been BRUTALLY cold, with record snowfalls, and just generally horrible. But now, along with all the snowfall melting, we ALSO are being pummeled with rain nearly every day, some of it very heavy in spots. Ohio is experiencing rivers & streams exceeding their banks, and flooding in some areas, worse than people my age and older have ever seen. Thousands of people are dealing with waterlogged households and ruined homes. Just terrible. I have to say, given a choice, I think I'd prefer the 10 inches of snow.

Card: Get the new camera, definitely!! You're going on SAFARI!!! You'll want exceptional pictures, which will potentially last for eons. A stupid piece of furniture is a non-essential that just causes more work. And videos are easier to keep clean in a box in the closet than they are out where they occasionally have to be dusted. (Theoretically. I have no personal knowledge of this "dusting" experience.)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Card

Postby Card » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:45 am

Thanks for your input. I will probably do that. Also, flooding is terrible.

Now you need to do a new choice!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:40 am

I vote for the camera, too.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 07:34 am

Just-released Hardback book, or Kindle version? (or Nook; whatever e-book you prefer)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 01:53 pm

If I had a Kindle, I'd prefer that version. I'm not sure I want one, though, because I rarely buy new books anyway, with all the used paperbacks there are out there. A Kindle would be really convenient if I could get all my old favorites on there, though.

Head lice or athlete's foot?

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:49 am

I know I posted to this! What happened? Did the internet eat my post? Anyway...

Athlete's foot, every time! It's much easier to get rid of than head lice, and less gross. My son got lice at daycare last fall, and it took months and months to get it all gone. Now I live in fear that he'll get re-infested again.

And Card, definitely go for the camera! That is a trip of a lifetime, you will want as many pictures as possible. Are we talking a point and shoot, or a DSLR? And the biggest memory card you can afford!

Not to be too gross, but...

diarrhea or vomiting?
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Card

Postby Card » Tue 29 Mar, 2011 09:49 am

Hmmm... tough one. I guess I'll pick diarrhea. I've never had that so bad that I thought I was going to die, but I've had some pretty violent vomiting.

I was going to get the Nikon d5000 and ordered it in a bundle, but I just got word yesterday that they weren't going to get any more cameras, so they just sent me a lens. Um, yeah, that's totally what I ordered and what I wanted. NOT. /80's

So, anyway, now I need some suggestions. I didn't want to spend four digits, but I want something pretty nice.

Snake surprise or eyeball soup?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 30 Mar, 2011 05:54 pm

Too easy. Snake surprise.

Explanation: When Tom and I were first married, he had a Thai co-worker who invited us to the wedding. He was marrying a woman from Taiwan, so they had some pretty interesting wedding food. All I can remember about the entire event is that one of the delicacies I was offered and encouraged to try was a SHEEP'S EYEBALL. I am not kidding. I was so horrified that the rest of the evening is a big blur, staring right at me from a small bowl. <shudderdrderdedrderrr>

And twice, I have tasted rattlesnake meat. It was very mild and tender, which surprised me. The old line "tastes like chicken" is not really a cliché in this case. It does.

Okay.

Lose your hearing, or lose your eyesight?

Card

Postby Card » Wed 30 Mar, 2011 06:33 pm

Losing my hearing. If I lost my eyesight, I don't know that I could still do my job, but I think I could, with some major adjustments, still do my current job fairly well and most other activities that I currently participate in if I were deaf.

I think it would be harder to be independent with losing eyesight. Audrey Hepburn's character in Wait Until Dark is amazing. If I lost my eyesight, I might kill a guy, but it would be a total accident from my own clumsiness and not out of self-defense.

Also, just reminding you that in snake surprise, the surprise is that the mini snakes are alive. :shock:

Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:06 pm

Card wrote:Also, just reminding you that in snake surprise, the surprise is that the mini snakes are alive. :shock:

Holy freakin' squirmish! I did not know that. No, I could not eat something that was still alive. Changing my answer to eyeball soup, and now I'll have to clean up where I yakked.

Carry on.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:15 am

Definitely Jeopardy! There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of skill needed for spinning a wheel and guessing letters. :?

I don't know if you're a Sam's Club member or not, but they often have pretty good deals on-line on DSLRs. Like this Nikon D3000 for $457. Link!

Card

Postby Card » Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:25 pm

Thanks! I'm not a member of anything, since my grocery shopping comes to about $20 a week. I have seen that camera, and I remember there was something that was missing in it that I wanted, but I can't remember what, which is why I went for the 5000. I guess I want someone who has certain cameras to tell me if they love theirs or if they hate it or whatnot. I think I'll put off the purchase for another few weeks until I have more time to go shopping.

Thanks for the help you're giving me.

Scooby Doo or The Smurfs?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 31 Mar, 2011 05:07 pm

Scooby Doo, absolutely!!! Although now that I think about it, the reason I don't like the Smurfs is because there was a technician that used to come around my work who looked just like Papa Smurf, and he was a crusty old guy who couldn't remember to watch his mouth in an elementary school office.

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 09:08 am

No problem Card! I got the hubs a Nikon D60 for Christmas a year ago, and he loves that thing. And I can even pick it up and use it too, without knowing all the special ins-and-outs of a DSLR. The real trick with them is getting the right lens for what you are shooting, and you want to make sure those lenses have the VR on them, I think that stands for vibration reduction. So, you don't have to be on a tripod, 100% still to get a good picture. He's taken a few pictures of our son with that camera that we loved so much, we got them printed out like 10x13 and framed them and hung them in the living room.

Dungeons & Dragons or Pirates of Dark Water?

(Can you tell we had Boomerang on last night?)

RenLass

Postby RenLass » Sat 02 Apr, 2011 01:04 am

Snow! While both are dangerous while they are falling, snow is a lot more fun to play in afterwards then a raging flooded creek.

pepperoni or salami?
When the devil reminds you of your past,
remind him of his future

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:25 am

Pepperoni, and I'm not crazy about that.

Related: Bacon or sausage? Or did we already do that one?

iamroch

Postby iamroch » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 07:30 am

BACON!! ALways bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

Skippy or Jif?
Indifference. It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
-------------
The Mrs.' blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 10:47 am

Skippy. Even in our most poor years, I bought Skippy if I possibly could. Jif might be just as good, though. I just know that generic peanut butter does not cut the mustard with me.

One major shopping tragedy from my poor years was when I bought the biggest jar of Skippy and dropped it on the kitchen floor when I got home. (The jars used to be glass.) I should be proud of myself as a mother, though, because I did not let my kids eat the glass-riddled stuff.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 01:27 pm

It may be that your shopping tradegy™ will bring a quaver to only one other voice, Momma. Mine. I remember being poor and having something similar happen a time or two, and being very upset at the wasted food & wasted money. [NOTE TO JEFF: This is completely unrelated to Freddy Fender's "Wasted Days & Wasted Nights."] A big glass jar of Skippy peanut butter, or Prego spaghetti sauce, or honey, back then--wow, that was quite a chunk of change. And seeing it splatted on the floor with glass shards in it was a source of miserable decision-making. Part of me always thought "But there's probably a LOT of this that doesn't have any glass in it; maybe I can salvage some of it at least..." I don't think I ever followed through with that, though. The fear of my kids or Tom ingesting glass was just too horrible.

What were we talking about? I seriously have forgotten the thread topic. But that's partly because I am doing Mom's laundry, so
I started typing this long ago enough that my session timed out.

Return to “Games”