This or That?

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Momma Snider

Re: This or That?

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 21 May, 2012 09:41 am

I don't mean to keep butting in, but DOGS DOGS DOGS. Cats are okay, and I could certainly get attached to one if it didn't make my eyes itch, but I LOVE DOGS. I love their faces, and I love their enthusiasm. I love their loyalty and how they gaze into their peoples' eyes. I love them so much. It makes me very sad to know that Andy will be gone before long, and I won't be getting another dog because we want to go on a mission in about eight years and I wouldn't want to leave a dog behind. But after that I'll get a beagle or some other mid-sized dog, and I will love him until he dies, and by then I'll be ready to follow him.

Dogs. Who else?

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:05 am

I prefer the loyalty & love I get from my dogs, I prefer the independence of cats. Given that two people in my house are allergic to cats, it's dogs all the way. :)

I've never found cilantro to taste soapy, but maybe I just don't eat the same brand of soap as the rest of you guys. I do find a little bit goes a long long way, though.

Green beans: no strong opinions, though I'm sure I prefer not canned.

Corn on the cob: no preference.

Artificial sweeteners: Splenda / sucralose. I've heard good things about stevia, a natural non-sugar sweetener.

iamroch

Postby iamroch » Mon 21 May, 2012 03:44 pm

Love cilantro, despise canned green beans (I only like fresh green beans if they are still crisp), no preference on corn on the cob. Don't use artificial sweeteners.

I used to be a cat person (had two when I was a teenager), but I like dogs better now. After somehere around 9,000 pet visits over the last 6 years, I've had lots of experience with both. I still like cats and some are pretty fun, but most of them don't engage with you.

I will say in defense of cat-preferers that they usually have had a pretty great cat and that most dog-preferers have never had that experience.

Blendtec or Vitamix?
Indifference. It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
-------------
The Mrs.' blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 21 May, 2012 04:04 pm

Blendtec or Vitamix? :Huh?

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 22 May, 2012 07:11 am

I love both cats and dogs, but I would have to say I prefer cats. And yes, I have had a few terrific cats. Cats that greet me at the door, cats that would fetch. Cats that purr the instant you touch them, and hop in a lap for petting. Sometimes they can be aloof, but so can I, so that's OK. I love dogs too, but to me, dogs stink, so I like dogs if they stay outside. But, my husband thinks that's cruel, dogs are pack animals, and just want to be with their people. So, he prefers dogs inside. And this is why we don't have a dog.

And I agree with Momma's "Huh?" statement. Are those blenders?
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 22 May, 2012 08:51 am

A former coworker and I used to laugh about our personalities compared to cats and dogs. She loves cats, but has much more of a dog personality, enthusiastic and interested in what everyone is doing and energetic, whereas I love dogs but act more like a cat. Most of the time I prefer that everyone just leave me alone, but it doesn't mean I don't like them.

iamroch

Postby iamroch » Tue 22 May, 2012 09:06 am

They are both blenders.

Mexican or Italian?
Indifference. It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-------------

The Mrs.' blog

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 22 May, 2012 09:19 am

I assume you're asking about music, so I must go with Italian. I think opera sung in Italian, or even a ballad or a love song, sung by Andrea Boccelli or Luciano Pavarotti, is much more beautiful than some random Mariachi band, or a Selena-sound-alike. :wink:

Seriously, I love good authentic Italian food, and I love good authentic Mexican food, but they are both hard to find in restaurants here in Ohio. I hate eating at an Italian restaurant, because I always feel like I could have done a much better job for a fraction of the cost. Mexican restaurants here tend to be either wonderful or terrible, but it's hard to find anything that beats the flavors found at Chipotle or Baja Fresh.

Flower arrangements as decor: Fresh, or artificial ("silk") ?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 22 May, 2012 10:24 am

Silk flower arrangements! KareNin, you seriously need to post some pictures!

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 22 May, 2012 11:33 am

I prefer fresh, but my guys have allergies, and I can definitely tell they get worse when I've got fresh flowers on the table. Especially lillies!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 22 May, 2012 02:34 pm

I will, I promise, Momma, as soon as I can locate a decent digital camera. I had one that frustrated the heck out of me because it always delayed the shutter by about 1 second, so I never could get the shot I THOUGHT I was getting, especially with people who were prone to moving slightly after they saw the red-eye reduction flash.

Since silk flowers don't move or blink, it might be easier to get some good pictures of them.

I'll try. Right now I'm taking a break from making the stinkin' things. I'm trying to get some mostly red, white & blue ones with ta little flag done before Memorial Day.

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:36 am

Words with Friends or Unblock Me?

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:07 pm

Neither, since I don't play games on my phone or through Facebook...anymore. But I would lean towards Unblock Me, despite being an English major, because I'm better at spacial repositioning than I am at random words that have no relation to my everyday life.

Dishwasher or hand wash?
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:19 pm

At first I thought you must be kidding, to even ask about dishwashing. I didn't have a dishwasher for the first 28 years I was married, and never before that, and it still feels like heaven. But I HATE unloading it, I'd much rather put dishes away from a drainer on the counter than bend over to take them out of the dishwasher. And I actually kind of like washing them by hand sometimes, especially on cold days. But I love being able to have dirty dishes out of sight, and clean dishes, too -- I almost never used to put the dish drainer away at the old house, because what was the point? there were always more dirty dishes coming right up.

So it's not a no-brainer like I first thought, but I still vote for dishwasher.

And I'm so glad someone continued the game. I have never played either of the games, so I didn't know how to vote.

Handwriting: cursive or all-caps printing?

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:21 pm

Cursive, because it's easier and faster. I have to *think* about all caps. But I use all caps on forms for clarity. My dad the Southpaw writes in all caps all the time.

Good point about being able to hide the dirty dishes!

Two year old child or twenty-two year old child?
You're unique, just like everyone else!

SDR

Postby SDR » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:38 pm

If my just-turned 20 year old that has not spoken to me for over a year still isn't talking to me in two years time I'll vote 2 year old since he still loved me back then. For now I'll say 22 year old as I'm hoping he'll have gotten over it by then.

Yellow Labrador Retriever or Black Labrador Retriever.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 27 Sep, 2012 07:04 pm

Yellow lab.

I say that only because Chocolate Lab was not one of the choices, and I already have a black dog, a charcoal dog, and 3 or 4 mostly-black cats, depending on whether our neighbor takes our mutual co-kitten with them when they move Saturday. If they leave her behind, I guess we have 3 mostly-black cats.

I have just loved every yellow Lab I've ever known, though. And the black ones I've known were a bit hyper and irritating because they hadn't been trained well.

Dish Network or Direct TV?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:51 am

Last time I checked, Direct TV didn't have the BYU channel or Sirius radio, so we have Dish Network. So I vote for that.

Pick up dog poop or clean a litter box?

(Our cats were always expected to go outside, like a dog.)

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:38 pm

I guess I'd have to say litter box because it's all in one place. But it's still so totally nasty, which is one (of many) reasons that I don't have any pets.

Tap water or bottled?
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:53 pm

(Yeah, but at least the dog poop dries. It stays moist and fresh in a litter box.)

Return to “Games”