Movie vs. Movie

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Spencer

Movie vs. Movie

Postby Spencer » Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:18 am

This is another lame thread idea. Post stuff from different movies doing inter-film comparisons and relationships. (Works for TV shows, too. Or books.)

Examples:

Who would win: those big war elephants from "Return of the King" or the AT-AT Walkers from "Empire Strikes Back"?

Who would win: Legolas or Luke Skywalker?

Who is more likely to throw a bridal shower for Hermoine: Arwen or Leia?

Rocky and Rambo go to lunch together. Who is more likely to get a diet soda?

Shrek and Buzz Lightyear are home teaching companions. Who makes the appointments and who gives the lesson?

Who would get more merit badges during scout camp: Young Anakin, Frodo, or Harry Potter?

If Spider-Man and Wolverine were both trying to sign people up for cell-phone contracts at Wal-Mart, who would have a higher commission?

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:30 am

Who would you rather have cook dinner for you: Rachel from Friends or Hannibal Lecter?
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

BeeDub

Re: Movie vs. Movie

Postby BeeDub » Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:30 am

Spencer wrote:This is another lame thread idea. Post stuff from different movies doing inter-film comparisons and relationships. (Works for TV shows, too. Or books.)

Examples:

Who would win: those big war elephants from "Return of the King" or the AT-AT Walkers from "Empire Strikes Back"?

Who would win: Legolas or Luke Skywalker?

Who is more likely to throw a bridal shower for Hermoine: Arwen or Leia?

Rocky and Rambo go to lunch together. Who is more likely to get a diet soda?

Shrek and Buzz Lightyear are home teaching companions. Who makes the appointments and who gives the lesson?

Who would get more merit badges during scout camp: Young Anakin, Frodo, or Harry Potter?

If Spider-Man and Wolverine were both trying to sign people up for cell-phone contracts at Wal-Mart, who would have a higher commission?

Answers:
1. AT-ATs (lasers, baby)
2. Luke (blocks the arrows with lightsaber, then force-chokes)
3. Arwen (she knows the "serene" style better, hands down)
4. Rocky (gotta watch the weight limit)
5. Buzz makes appointment, Shrek gives lesson (Buzz is goal-oriented, Shrek makes better analogies, e.g. onions)
6. Anakin (Frodo would skip classes to go hang with his "friend" Sam, and Harry would copy Hermione)
7. Spider-man (cool web tricks, no scary claws)

Who would win in hand-to-hand combat, Maximus ("Gladiator") or William Wallace ("Braveheart')?
You can lead people to truth, but you can't make them understand it: the story of my childhood, as seen from the present.
-Bill Watterson

CherrySlurpees

Postby CherrySlurpees » Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:05 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with most of Ben's answers.

1. AT-AT for the stated laser reason.
2. Legolas would win because Luke's whiny butt is in constant need of motivational speeches to get him to do anything. Legolas just goes and does.
3. Agreed.
4. I can't answer this because in my mind they are the same person. I know it's the same actor playing different characters, supposedly. But for me, there's really no difference. Same guy. Now, if you had said Rambo or Oscar, I'd go with Oscar.
5. I would say Buzz gives the lesson, cause he's good at motivation, that's his thing.
6. Totally Harry. Harry hates to disappoint, always works hard. Frodo has some of those characteristics too, but I think he'd be a bit tired by now. And, he'd probably ask if past experiences wouldn't qualify him for most of them. And Anakin, dude, that kid got sent back to Webolos cause he couldn't pass off his acting merit badge.
7. Wolverine...cause he's hot. And yeah, he's hot. Oh yeah, Peter Parker? Not so much.

My almost automatic response would be Rachel, but then I think about the trifle she made. No matter how much Joey liked it, I don't think I can get past the fact that Ross said it tasted like feet. Hannibal Lector seems the type that would know a good deal about meal preparation and the feet he served probably wouldn't taste like feet. So I'm going with Hannibal.

And Maximus. No reason, I just think he would.

Better Hair Club for Men spokesman: Jean Luc Picard or King Mongkut of Siam.
"What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts."

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Wed 23 Jun, 2004 03:41 pm

I don't know about Arwen. She's too darn focused on her own love life. Every time she gets a little stressed out she nearly dies. Ultimately, Leia will do what is necessary to get the job done. She'll face Darth-Vader-heavy-breathin'-craft-sellin' employees with no problem. If they give her a problem, she'll get in their face. Plus she won't start chanting, out of nowhere, some weird lingo that nobody understands. In addition, Leia knows to give cool awards (remember the end of Star Wars). A cool reward can sometimes make up for playin' those stupid bridal games.

The Amazing Sniderman

Postby The Amazing Sniderman » Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm

Who would win in hand-to-hand combat, Maximus ("Gladiator") or William Wallace ("Braveheart')?

The one-on-one would have to go to Maximus, but Wallace would win a guerrilla war or a group fight. Better leader.

Harry would earn more badges because his friends would help him cheat and the teachers would make exceptions to the requirements. Anakin wouldn't complete the requirements- he'd be off working on a droid or doing his own thing. Frodo, well, the poor git would earn the few that hobbits have the ability to do naturally (nature survival) but he wouldn't try to get the ones that he doesn't know how to do.

Here's a question: If you had to pick one super power that could be give to you, but at the expense of one of your senses, which one super power would you choose, and which sense would you give up?
What's not to be in high spirits about? I got up this morning, looked in the mirror, and saw I hadn't turned into a giant cockroach. That's five days in a row. -- David Addison

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:28 pm

Super Power: Reality Alteration (to my will of course.)
Sense: smell. Of course, it wouldn't really matter because I'd alter the reality to not have lost a sense at all, but keep the power. :)

More likely to get the guy: Danielle from "Ever After" or Lucy from "While You Were Sleeping"?

fierydarts
Location: A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Postby fierydarts » Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:39 pm

More likely to get the guy: Danielle. She's strong, intelligent, self-sufficient, and generally not whiny. None of the opposite apply to Lucy. To her credit, she might be funnier, but we can do without all the "baggage".

Who would win in a sword fight: Westley, a.k.a. The Dread Pirate Roberts, or Captain Jack Sparrow.?

BeeDub

Postby BeeDub » Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:54 pm

In a neutral environment? Wesley - he's actually skilled, and doesn't have to depend on cheating or being an immortal skeleton to win.

Scarier next-door neighbor: Norman Bates or Hannibal Lector?
You can lead people to truth, but you can't make them understand it: the story of my childhood, as seen from the present.

-Bill Watterson

dillseed_waffles

Postby dillseed_waffles » Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:03 pm

BeeDub wrote:Scarier next-door neighbor: Norman Bates or Hannibal Lector?

Norman Bates, definitely. Lector would be too polite to eat his neighbors (if they were neighborly)--he seemed to like torturing more the unsavory characters. So that would keep questionable sale type numbers in the neighborhood down.

I like this game.

BeeDub

Postby BeeDub » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 01:00 am

Better anti-hero: Ash ("Army of Darkness") or Han Solo?

Which would win: Borg cube or Death Star?

-Bill Watterson

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:57 am

Borg Cube. No central Power source to take out simply by some fancy flying.

Funnier: Batty from Ferngully or the Genie from Aladdin?

BeeDub

Postby BeeDub » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:59 pm

Genie. Batty was just annoying.

More likely to get the girl: Louis (from Ghostbusters) or Napoleon Dynamite?

-Bill Watterson

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:05 pm

Louis. I've seen proof. He even got one that wasn't possessed.

Best Tom Cruise movie and why.

apmusicman

Postby apmusicman » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:51 pm

Minority Report. Hands down. It has it all, action, cool effects, a great premise and a great mystery.

Who wins in a sword fight: Dartagnan from Three Musketeers or The Count of Monte Cristo from the book/movie of the same name?

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:01 pm

The count. He has far more rage and vengence to sharpen his skills.

Better Looking: Elizabeth from Pirates of the carribbean or Buttercup from Pricness bride?

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:29 pm

Buttercup. I think Robin Wright Penn is prettier than Keira Knightley.

Who is more likely to make women swoon -- Josh Lucas or Matthew McConaughey?

And how do I make pictures of them show up, so you can all see that they look like twins?
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Hass

Postby Hass » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:38 pm

Elizabeth

Grosser old man butt:

Jack Nicholson in Something's Gotta Give
or
Those two old guys in Waking Ned Devine

Hass

Postby Hass » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:39 pm

Oops!

Josh Lucas

and then the other question.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm

waking ned divine. I've never seen either movie, but two naked butts are more gross than one.

more likely to bore the skin off your bones: Documentaries or Silent films?

Return to “Games”