Mormon Cinema script ideas

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

CMe2C

Mormon Cinema script ideas

Postby CMe2C » Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:57 am

Maybe some of us out there actually hope to write a screenplay, but I'm too lazy. Meridian Magazinehas been bemoaning the fact that so far, LDS-targeted films have been lacking; therefore, I would like everyone to offer up good ideas for movies that should be made. Let's propose these ideas with the "High Concept Line" and/or a short logline. Example:
High Concept: Van Helsing meets Peter Priesthood
Logline: An LDS church Elder goes around casting out devils and saving the day through service while conquering his own demon: Finding Molly Mormon to marry.
Don't ask what you can do. DO what you can do.

CMe2C

Postby CMe2C » Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:50 am

High Concept: "Return to Me" LDS style. (except forget about the heart thing and new love interest)
Logline: The spouse and kids suddenly die. Protagonist goes through classic 5 stages of coping/grief. When in denial, he/she travels all over staying busy with work, then comes to realize during depression/acceptance phase that staying in own home ward is where (s)he finds the most fulfillment through callings/service/friendship.

CMe2C

Postby CMe2C » Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:48 pm

HighConcept: Stepford Wives meets big box stores (except instead of robots, it's a cult)
Logline: Willy Mart's management all belong to the Willy Cult, and a new employee must fight not get sucked in or he'll loose the girl of his dreams and the temple marriage he desires.

CMe2C

Postby CMe2C » Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:15 am

It's pitiful that I'm the only one responding to a thread I started, yet I'll do it again anyway. I guess this thread belonged in the main forum instead of games. Or maybe it's just a stupid thread. I'll accept both answers.

High Concept: Braveheart and Lord of the Rings meet the Book of Mormon
Logline: The story of war in Book of Mormon times involving Captain Moroni, Teancum, and the Sons of Helaman.

I'd like to see this movie rated R for intense battle violence.
Also, if someone wanted to make a Book of Mormon Movie, why didn't they start out with this story in the first place?

CMe2C

Postby CMe2C » Wed 29 Dec, 2004 04:00 pm

High Concept: Harry Potter meets Peter Priesthood
Logline: Peter Priestley has just gotten his mission call and heads to the MTC and then the field where he has numerous adventures involving casting out devils, raising the dead, and avoiding the slacker missionaries' secret combination.

I know it's similar to Van Helsing meets Peter Preisthood but the differences are legion.

Return to “Games”