Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Axis & Allies, anyone?

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Grudunza

Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Axis & Allies, anyone?

Postby Grudunza » Fri 09 Dec, 2005 10:02 pm

Any of you guys play computer games like Age of Empires, Rise of Nations or Axis & Allies? I'd like to try playing some of those games against someone else online now that I've got more time off over the winter.

Specifically, I'd like to play either Age of Kings, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations or the Hasbro version of Axis & Allies (not the newer Atari version).
www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool tunes for kids! -

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat 17 Dec, 2005 05:15 pm

I have age of Kings and Age of Myhtology, but I am really bad at them without cheats, so you'd probably whup me. Also, I have very little distraction-free time. When were you thinking to play?

Grudunza

Postby Grudunza » Sat 17 Dec, 2005 07:21 pm

I have very little distraction-free time, too. The best times for me are after the girls' bedtime and before mine (about 8-11 pm) and during their naptime (about 2-4 pm). That's PST.

I'm better at Age of Kings than Age of Mythology, so we could try AoM first and see how that goes. I'm still figuring out how to play online, though. I've had trouble getting it to work, but I think I have to disconnect my router and then it should be fine. Are you signed up on the MSN Game Zone? We could try meeting up through there, or just hooking up via IP's or however that works.
www.EricHermanMusic.com

- Cool tunes for kids! -

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 21 Dec, 2005 07:01 am

Yeah, I'm better at it when God Powers don't screw up everything I'm working on too.

I used the MSN Game Zone years ago, but I think back then it may not have needed a password and ID. If it did, I don't remember them. I don't think that I can set up a time in advance right now, but if Erin and the kids take off together and do something without me or I discover some time, I'll PM you or something. I haven't played against or with a live player in years.

Grudunza

Postby Grudunza » Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:35 am

Okay, sounds good, Mark. And I've never really gotten the hang of the god powers in AoM, to the point where usually I forget I have them available until it's too late!
www.EricHermanMusic.com

- Cool tunes for kids! -

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:31 pm

http://www.ageofempires3.com/

check out thos graphics!! *Drool*

Grudunza

Postby Grudunza » Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:33 am

No doubt. It looks fantastic. But I haven't bought it yet as I've heard from quite a lot of people at the Age of... Heavens forums that AoE3 isn't that good in a lot of ways. They put a lot of time and energy into the new graphics but may have sacrificed the gameplay somewhat. I mean, I'm sure it's worth having and I'll get it eventually, but I'll stick with Rise of Nations and AoK/AoM for now.

Actually, you know what looks really cool is the new Civilization. I've never played any of that series. Have you?

I'm also planning to get Sid Meier's Pirates, which looks like fun.
www.EricHermanMusic.com

- Cool tunes for kids! -

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:35 am

I've never heard of either of those. are they strategy games too?

btw, when are the best times for you to play some games?

Return to “Games”