I heard Fastball and it made me think of Momma S.

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

SDR

Re: I heard Fastball and it made me think of Momma S.

Postby SDR » Thu 24 Oct, 2013 03:39 am

I'm only vaguely familiar with this fairies killing concept. Please explain what it entails. Thankyouveddymuch.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 24 Oct, 2013 01:24 pm

Ask me after the holidays!
You're unique, just like everyone else!

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Thu 24 Oct, 2013 01:49 pm

Misty, I wouldn't mind killin' some fairies again. Just tell me when.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:40 pm

Yes, maybe after the holidays.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:44 pm

SDR, you make a mix CD and send it to everyone involved when it it your turn. I think the term "killing fairies" originated when the idea was first brought up and Susannah was worried about copyright stuff and someone joked that every time a copyright was infringed upon, a fairy died, or something like that...
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 25 Oct, 2013 02:09 am

Thanks lisapants. Is there any rhyme or reason to the nature of the mix, or just anything you like? I fear resorting to my own devices would result in annoying people with my eclectic musical tastes (though I guess a mix need not necessarily be musical; it could be a collection of best of segments from talk shows I've hosted; that's probably worse). If not annoying with my mix, at least be made fun of. :)

I did receive one mix cd from Karenin back in the day. It was Christmas stuff. I enjoyed it, but receiving that cd was the extent of my participation.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 25 Oct, 2013 01:40 pm

And may I add, it was a completely passive participation on Scooter's part. I hold him entirely innocent of murdering any fairies. I simply asked him for his address and sent it to him. He was underwhelmed, apparently. ;-)

Actually, Scott, most people chose a theme and stuck with it; some of the collections were eclectic (that's probably more descriptive than "random") and some were genre-specific (OH dear; I crack myself up). All were enjoyable, and as I have said elsewhere in this forum, were instrumental (not THAT kind of instrumental) in introducing me to several artists whose actual products I then happily bought.

I've said too much...
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 25 Oct, 2013 05:23 pm

I never did make a Killing Fairies CD, but someday I might. My theme would just be songs that have touched me in some way, so it would seem very scattered, probably. But just now when I was thinking about it I was also thinking about a conversation I saw recently, maybe on Facebook, about how songs affect us. Maybe it was even on this Board, but I don't think so. Anyway, people were talking about how deeply we feel things when they're expressed in songs. Sad songs, especially, seem to bring sad feelings to the surface, which is why they can be cathartic if we're really sad.

Anyway, I had to laugh at myself. A song came on expressing regret about how badly the singer had treated her guy, and now he was gone, and I felt so sorry right along with her, until I remembered that no, I treat my guy pretty well, really. He's really lucky to have me, almost as lucky as I am to have him. But the emotions of the song made me forget reality for a minute.

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 26 Oct, 2013 03:36 am

No, not underwhelmed. I don't remember what was going on in real life at the time, but I got it and put it aside to play later. Next thing you know, we've moved to Herriman. Unpacking boxes I came across it packed away with other CDs. So I finally listened to it while re ripping my smallish collection of CDs. I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't Christmas at the time. I probably never thanked you at the time because of the aforementioned real life and not being in contact with much of anyone at the time. So thanks! It is nestled in among all my other CDs & ripped files.

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 26 Oct, 2013 03:37 am

Removed duplicate post.
Last edited by SDR on Sat 26 Oct, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sat 26 Oct, 2013 10:01 am

Oh, okay. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

But I heard you the first time... ;-)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

SDR

Postby SDR » Sat 26 Oct, 2013 10:54 am

Stupid phone.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:49 am

Watching The Beatles on the special last night reminded me of that day, 50 years ago, when I first saw them. I had heard of them a week or two before, but didn't know anything about them. I was about to turn 11. I actually heard of them from an old man down the street from the school, where I would stop every day to visit. He gave me big chunks of chocolate. I think the brand was Kellogg, which I've never heard of before or since. (The thought of a ten-year-old stopping for a half hour on the way home from school to visit an old man my parents had never met, nearly every day, is a sign of much simpler times.) Anyway, he mentioned the name and said Beatles should be spelled Beetles, and I didn't know what he was talking about.

But when Ed Sullivan came on that night, we watched it. It wasn't something we watched regularly, I don't think, because Bonanza came on at the same time, if I remember correctly. And every time I hear the opening notes of the first song from that show, I get that excited feeling rippling through my body that I got that night.

The same thing happens when I hear the first chord of "Hard Day's Night". It takes me to the first time I saw the movie. I screamed right along with the rest of them. I don't know why, but the urge to scream was irresistible.

Return to “Games”