I heard Fastball and it made me think of Momma S.

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Claytonius Maximus

I heard Fastball and it made me think of Momma S.

Postby Claytonius Maximus » Tue 09 May, 2006 08:24 am

While driving this morning, I heard Fastball (Out of My Head) and it made me think of Momma S.

What song did you hear, and who what where when (why and how are probably outside of the scope of this thread) did it make you think of?

CM
"You know, it's always a great thing when a director looks at you and says, `Even cheesier.'"

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 22 May, 2006 08:47 am

I don't look in the Games forum very often, so I just noticed this. It sounds like a fun game. I heard Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, and it made me think of the summer after 8th grade when I went to a beach house with my aunt and her cousins and I laid on the beach for eight hours straight, with no sunscreen because that was 1967, and I got sunburned for the first time in my life. But the guy I met there was cute.

pizzocalabro

Postby pizzocalabro » Mon 22 May, 2006 03:26 pm

I was watching Over the Hedge, and the Ben Folds soundtrack made me think of Jerilyn.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 17 May, 2010 10:21 am

I'm listening to the "Little Shop of Horrors" soundtrack in my car, and the song "Somewhere That's Green" made me think how blessed I've been in my life to have the luxury of a house and a yard and basic peace and security. Plus, no man-eating plants.

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 17 May, 2010 11:02 am

Momma Snider wrote:Plus, no man-eating plants.

Don't worry Momma, you're safe from the man-eating plants. I guess you fear for Rocky's safety, huh? That makes sense...

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 18 May, 2010 06:57 am

Any time I hear The Proclaimers "I would walk" song, I think of an old male friend, and our first kiss, so I guess the point where he stopped being friend and went firmly into the boyfriend category.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 18 May, 2010 08:25 am

Now my car cd is on Dashboard Confessional, which makes me think of Lilcis.

And every time I hear Hallelujah, no matter who it's by, I think of WiseNLucky, because it was on his Killing Fairies mix.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 18 May, 2010 03:17 pm

Oh, shoot! That's when you were the Lucky Honorary Member, and got a copy of all the CDs, huh. I bet that was a good one. I don't have it, but I like WiseNLucky's musical tastes, generally, and I love "Hallelujah" by anyone (but especially k.d. lang, as I may have mentioned).

I really, really love all the Killing Fairies and Zombie Fairies mix CDs I have, and I think the whole idea was genius. I learned to like several kinds of music I didn't think I cared for before that, and I was exposed to dozens of artists I had never come across before - some of whom I sought out and actually purchased more music by them, so it ended up benefiting them.

Right now, I'm stuck in a Blues Loop, and I can't seem to get enough Billie Holliday, Louis Armstrong, Lightning Hopkins, B.B. King, etc... all because of The Don's "Zombie Fairies Sing the Blues," which remains firmly ensconced in my bedside CD player.

Thank you again, everybody.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 26 May, 2010 10:44 am

I have Lisapants' and Benny's KF CDs in my car now, and I have heard some stuff I really like. I have to get a BareNaked Ladies CD, I guess, because I remembered how much I like them.

KareNin, we should talk, and I'll make you copies of whatever of the KFs you don't have.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 12:15 pm

I just heard "Hallelujah" on a TV show called Canadian Tenors. It was really good, and it made me think of this thread.

But now I'm switching to Matlock. That just reminds me of being on vacation and having absolutely nothing to do but watch old TV shows.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 01:59 pm

Hey! I don't know how I missed it before, but I just now saw your post above this last one, Momma, and I think that is a fine idea!! I have only the discs from 2008 and 2009, so I guess I can make copies of those to send to you (plus the Zombie Fairies discs from this round; there have only been a few so far), and if you can supply me with 2007 or whenever this whole things started, we should be good.

Actually, I did have Binky's from 2007, but I played it and played it and lent it to Chris, and got it back, and played it some more, and then one day it started sticking on Track 20 and I couldn't fix it, and then I noticed that there was a tiny crack in the disc in the center, and then it started spreading toward the edge, until finally, the disc had a crack all the way through it and I had to throw it away. I have the songs on Dennis' old, crummy mp3 player he gave me, but I can't figure out how to get them onto my hard drive to burn a new disc. So I'm really looking forward to getting a new copy of "SPLURT" by Binkums J. Gifford.

Wait, what was this thread about? Oh yeah. Fastball. And stuff.

Momma Snider

Re: I heard Fastball and it made me think of Momma S.

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:47 am

So, KareNin, did I ever send you any CDs? Because I don't think so. And now that I have a Mac, I'm not sure I have the capability of copying, except yes I do, because I still have my old laptop. So if I never did, I will. I'm sure I have Binky's and WiseGuy's.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sat 12 Oct, 2013 11:31 pm

That would be great, Laurie! Thanks! And after we get back to The Ohio, I can burn you some copies too.

I really, really miss my dearly departed "SPLURT."

Also, I miss this Village and all the people who used to drop by from time to time. Durn burn Facebook...

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 01:55 am

We could safe Jeff some bandwidth and have a Facebook Group. Or, we could offer some rewards for coming back here. Maybe call it "Throw Back Thursdays" where we all interact here at The Village.
Technically I am a giant wiener. The costume tag says "wiener."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 09:47 am

Where's the Like button? Throwback Thursdays!!!

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 12:21 pm

I was looking at something you posted the other day, and I thought "I need to hit the like button." And then it made me sad. Because we went from this fantastic forum where we would discuss just about everything and really communicating (sometimes) to just hitting a like button.

I'm going to try to be more thoughtful when it comes to that.

GenAdFemale

Postby GenAdFemale » Thu 17 Oct, 2013 02:40 pm

Hey I'm Throwing back. Better than Throwing up, I guess. Hello Sniderboard. It's been a while.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Fri 18 Oct, 2013 09:18 am

GAFfy! HI!

MISTY! HI!
You're unique, just like everyone else!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 21 Oct, 2013 07:44 pm

Misty, who now lives with us in our home, just brought me a plate of delicious mini-meatloaves that she made, along with a baked sweet potato. Therefore, in order of preference regarding interaction among Sniderites, here is my list:

1. Real life
2. The Snider Board
3. Facebook

Momma, can you message or email me a list of the Killing Fairies/Zombie Fairies CDs you already have, so I won't be sending you duplicates? Thankee...

mistytsim

Postby mistytsim » Wed 23 Oct, 2013 10:02 pm

Karen and I were talking about the possibility of doing a new round of Killing Fairies. Anyone? Anyone?

Return to “Games”