Four truths and a lie

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 07:38 am

5 for me.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 07:39 am

5 for me.

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 07:46 am

I'm somewhere between a 1 and a 3.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 09:58 am

A mix of 1 and 5.

I do enjoy doing my lists, but I feel bad every time it's my turn, because I don't really have anything interesting to say. And sometimes when I'm trying to figure out the lie, I get frustrated. It's like I think I'm reading a mystery, and I should be able to figure it out from the clues.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 10:49 am

4 for me, sometimes just 3.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 11:38 am

Definitely a 5.

Unless I'm feeling lousy, when it drops down to #3. I always enjoy learning more about people, so I probably internalize all 5 statements about the person as True, and I'm not 100% sure I remember to go back and Delete the one that was a lie from my brain's memory file on that person.

But that's what you get when you let an addled old lady play this game.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Card

Postby Card » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:13 am

Okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure everyone wasn't a 1 except me. Um... now I'll pick someone to go next. How about if Lowdoggy goes, since he picked 5 first?

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Wed 04 Aug, 2010 02:20 pm

I guess I love this game so much that I waited a week to respond. This edition? Cars

1. I bought my first car (with my own money) right after my mission. I am still driving it. I was the beneficiary of an extra family car prior to that.

2. I love to drive, and find my wife's Honda minivan to be as enjoyable to drive as most other cars I have driven.

3. I have driven to 40 of the 50 states by my count, with the exception of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan and (of course) Hawaii.

4. I used to take very good care of my cars. I still try to, but kids and family have pushed that to the back burner of back burners.

5. My dream car is, and has been for the last 20 years, a Ferrari. The model has shifted over time, from the Testarossa to the 512 to (now) the 599 GTB.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 04 Aug, 2010 04:26 pm

I'll guess the lie is #2. If you love to drive your wife's minivan, you're the first guy I've (n)ever met who says that.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 04 Aug, 2010 05:29 pm

I'll guess #3. #2 would have been my first choice, but maybe it's too easy.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Wed 04 Aug, 2010 10:10 pm

I don't know. The Honda Odyssey seems to be the minivan of choice in our ward, and every owner I've talked to says it's the best minivan for the comfort of the driver. So I can see LdD enjoying driving his wife's minivan.

I guess #1. The car you bought after your mission has long since died.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 05 Aug, 2010 07:23 am

I'll go with #5. And I'm guessing #2 is true. I'm loving all Honda cars right now, and have test drove a few different models, and they all drive remarkably the same. Very well.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Card

Postby Card » Fri 06 Aug, 2010 01:07 am

#4 is false because I think that you still take good care of your cars. You are, after all, still driving the one you bought post-mission.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Fri 06 Aug, 2010 07:58 am

Here are the THRILLING(!) answers.

1. I bought my first car (with my own money) right after my mission. I am still driving it. I was the beneficiary of an extra family car prior to that. True. My 2001 Honda Accord is still a great car to drive. I will need to replace it soon, as having a 2-door is not practical for easy removal of car seats.

2. I love to drive, and find my wife's Honda minivan to be as enjoyable to drive as most other cars I have driven. True. Honda really knows how to make a driver's car. It still drives like a van of course, but has great throttle response and good handling. Much better than an SUV and nearly any car made by Chrysler. Sorry if that offends anyone.

3. I have driven to 40 of the 50 states by my count, with the exception of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan and (of course) Hawaii. False. I have driven to many states, but nowhere in the northeast. Been to some of those places, though not by car.

4. I used to take very good care of my cars. I still try to, but kids and family have pushed that to the back burner of back burners. True. Thanks, Card, for the faith. I wish it was false. I do take good care of the car's mechanicals, but I am pretty slothful about following a consistent wash/wax routine and it does get pretty cluttered. Maybe when I get a new car sometime I will do better.

5. My dream car is, and has been for the last 20 years, a Ferrari. The model has shifted over time, from the Testarossa to the 512 to (now) the 599 GTB. True. And if I have the money sometime, I will buy one and only feel a tiny amount of guilt.

Card

Postby Card » Fri 06 Aug, 2010 01:57 pm

Incidentally, I saw a ferrari at lunch. That doesn't happen much around these parts, so it's kind of weird.

So, for clarification, which states have you really never been to? I haven't been to North Dakota ever, and I just don't know how I can ever convince myself to go. What would I do there? Maybe camping and hiking, but it's really a long trip to drive for me and it's hard to pack for camping/hiking if you fly.

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread. Sometimes I just like to talk about the topic of the 4T1L.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 06 Aug, 2010 10:43 pm

Woo hoo! I won! Oh, great, now I have to think of more stuff to say. Tomorrow.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Sat 07 Aug, 2010 04:56 am

Sorry Momma, I didn't tie you your due credit!

Card, I think this is the list- every state in that answer plus New York, Conneticut, RI, Massachusetts.

It was a lame lie.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 18 Aug, 2010 05:42 pm

Sorry! I've been too busy at work to think about anything else.

Really weird feeling: I think I might have even used some of these before, so no fair cheating by looking back. If you remember, fine.

Things I've Always Wanted to Do: (Not a bucket list, because I don't expect to actually do any of them until at least the Millenium.)

1. I've always wanted to go mountain climbing. What a thrill it must be to get up so high that you can see for miles and miles, and what satisfaction from achieving something like that, making the effort and facing the danger!

2. I've always wanted to skydive. I'm afraid of heights and falling, but it would be a real rush to push through those fears.

3. I've always wanted to be a dancer. I'd love to have been a Michael Jackson backup dancer, like in Beat It, for example.

4. I've always wanted to be in a blizzard. Inside, of course, but preferably snowed in. I get nostalgic for cold winter late afternoons, even though I've never lived where it's likely. Even my year at BYU, there was snow, but it was a relatively mild winter.

5. I've always wanted to hang glide. I'd like that even more than skydiving. Or a hot air balloon might give me the same satisfaction without as much danger, so maybe that's what I've always wanted to do.

Card

Postby Card » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 01:07 am

For behold, going uphill sucks. #1 must be the lie.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 07:33 am

#5, because with skydiving you have a parachute. With hangliding you are riding on a missile.

Return to “Games”