Four truths and a lie

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 09:43 am

Um... #3. You'd rather be a ballerina than a backup dancer.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 11:21 am

#4.

I might just be projecting here, but I have been in blizzards before (I was indoors), and it's a claustrophobic, ugly feeling to know you cannot get out and go buy whatever you need at the store, for instance. I would be very surprised if this one is true.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:32 am

Time to get this ball out of my court. The true lie has been guessed.

Things I've Always Wanted to Do: (Not a bucket list, because I don't expect to actually do any of them until at least the Millenium.)

1. I've always wanted to go mountain climbing. What a thrill it must be to get up so high that you can see for miles and miles, and what satisfaction from achieving something like that, making the effort and facing the danger! False. Card said it best. Going uphill sucks. When I see pictures or videos of people hanging from ropes that they or someone else has hammered into the mountainside, I think, "What the heck are you doing? If God wanted you up there, he'd have given you a helicopter!"

2. I've always wanted to skydive. I'm afraid of heights and falling, but it would be a real rush to push through those fears. True. I'm actually thinking of doing this one, at one of those places where they have an instructor with you, and you jump together. My only real fear is that no instructor would agree to jump with a fat old woman like me.

3. I've always wanted to be a dancer. I'd love to have been a Michael Jackson backup dancer, like in Beat It, for example. Totally true. One time I was entertaining my kids with the Beat It dance when the cable guy walked in behind me. I'm sure he was impressed.

4. I've always wanted to be in a blizzard. Inside, of course, but preferably snowed in. I get nostalgic for cold winter late afternoons, even though I've never lived where it's likely. Even my year at BYU, there was snow, but it was a relatively mild winter. True. It's quite likely that I wouldn't like it if it actually happened, but part of the attraction for me is that I would have everything I needed and could just stay cozied up in my home.

5. I've always wanted to hang glide. I'd like that even more than skydiving. Or a hot air balloon might give me the same satisfaction without as much danger, so maybe that's what I've always wanted to do. True. Hang gliding sounds almost like flying, and I want to fly most of all. You know, when I was young, we expected that we'd have personal hovercrafts by now, and I guess I got my heart set on it. Hang gliding is definitely not something I would do, because the possibility of injury is so great, but I've always wanted to do it. A hot air balloon would be nice, and I'd like to do that, too.[/b]

So Card, with her words of wisdom, is the winner.

Card

Postby Card » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:57 am

I have had a hard time coming up with a topic for this. Sorry it's taken so long. Okay, so the topic is: Comics.

1. I used to read the comics faithfully every Sunday (because they were in color!), but now I rarely read the comics.

2. My favorite comic strip growing up was Calvin & Hobbes. I loved how playful, imaginitive, and mischievous Calvin always was.

3. Of the current comics that are regularly in the paper, I enjoy Fox Trot the most.

4. After all of my brothers moved away and took their comics collections, I found myself coping with that loss by collecting issues of superhero comics. My biggest collection is of Spider-Man.

5. I always thought that The Far Side was pretty clever and think that it's great coffee table reading material.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:23 am

#4. The newspaper comic and superhero comic are very different genres. All of your other answers are more consistent with the newspaper theme.

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:54 pm

I was going to choose #4! OK, I'll go with #3.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:27 pm

I was going to choose #3! Okay, I'll take #1. I think you still read the comics.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:41 pm

I'm with the other two (or more) people who think #4 is the lie.

I've noticed that lately, even if the lie has already been guessed early on, and a couple of people say something like "I think it's #__, but that's already been guessed," everyone seems to wait until somebody has chosen all 5 statements as their "guess" before the person doing the 4T & a Lie comes back and tells us the answer.

If it's okay with everyone else, why don't we agree to end the round as soon as the correct statement is guessed as the lie?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Card

Postby Card » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 06:30 pm

Well, I guess I like to let other people have a chance at guessing, even if the first person is right in their guess that it's false. Sometimes people may have not even seen the game yet. It had been up for a half an hour before it was guessed. Is that a record?

1. I used to read the comics faithfully every Sunday (because they were in color!), but now I rarely read the comics. TRUE

2. My favorite comic strip growing up was Calvin & Hobbes. I loved how playful, imaginitive, and mischievous Calvin always was. TRUE

3. Of the current comics that are regularly in the paper, I enjoy Fox Trot the most. TRUE - except I don't really read the comics (see #1). I just happened to notice the other day that it's still around.

4. After all of my brothers moved away and took their comics collections, I found myself coping with that loss by collecting issues of superhero comics. My biggest collection is of Spider-Man. FALSE - My bros didn't collect comics to my knowledge. Incidentally, Spider-Man was in my paper along with all of these others that I've mentioned, and I would read it sometimes.

5. I always thought that The Far Side was pretty clever and think that it's great coffee table reading material. TRUE

Card

Postby Card » Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:27 am

Attention: Lowdoggy Dogg. It is your turn. Will you go soon? Pick the lie:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:18 pm

OUCH. :wink:

Here goes-

1. My favorite salad dressing (for now) is Goddess Dressing. A little pricey, but so delicious.

2. I tend to like fattier cuts of meat, like ribeye and porterhouse. Add some crumbled bleu cheese? Heaven.

3. My favorite pizza topping is meatball, and I can be a little bit picky about it.

4. I've lost 33 pounds in the last six months. Started with getting back to the gym, last 6 weeks my wife and I have been doing Body for Life.

5. My favorite desserts: Cheesecake, homemade Strawberry Shortcake, and Key Lime Pie. I like my cheesecake and key lime pie to be dense, but not too dense.

Tomorrow is the "free day" for our diet. Can you tell what I'm thinking about?

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:57 pm

Shame. There is no better motivator, is there? :D

I'm going to go with #1 as the lie. Although, I followed the link, and it sounds delicious, I'm guessing if tomorrow is your free day from the diet, the last thing on your mind is salad dressing.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 10 Sep, 2010 01:09 pm

Good logic, KMD!

I'm going with #5. It's possible you don't like strawberries, or maybe even key lime pie. I don't understand it, but it is possible. Or maybe it's the denseness thing.

Card

Postby Card » Fri 10 Sep, 2010 01:49 pm

Thank you for not making a liar out of me. :)

I choose #3 because I think pineapple is really your favorite pizza topping. Now I'm craving pizza. Dang it!

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:59 pm

#2. You would rather have a nice lean filet mignon.

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Mon 13 Sep, 2010 09:10 am

Lisa has guessed correctly, ending play. Thank you for your submissions.

1. My favorite salad dressing (for now) is Goddess Dressing. A little pricey, but so delicious. True. It is very good.

2. I tend to like fattier cuts of meat, like ribeye and porterhouse. Add some crumbled bleu cheese? Heaven. False. I like it lean and mean. Gristle and I are not amigos.

3. My favorite pizza topping is meatball, and I can be a little bit picky about it. True. Not all meatball is created equal.

4. I've lost 33 pounds in the last six months. Started with getting back to the gym, last 6 weeks my wife and I have been doing Body for Life. True. Kind of shocked when I look back and realize how much I let go. 12 lbs more and I will be at pre-marriage weight.

5. My favorite desserts: Cheesecake, homemade Strawberry Shortcake, and Key Lime Pie. I like my cheesecake and key lime pie to be dense, but not too dense. True. For my last three birthdays my wife has made me one of these. Perfect.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 07:32 am

Hey LowDoggy Dogg. I bought a bottle of Goddess dressing this past week, based solely on your recommendation. I haven't put it on a salad yet, but I did use it last night to marinade some steaks, and they turned out incredibly yum. So, thanks!

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 07:52 am

I am glad you enjoyed it!

Momma Snider

Re: Four truths and a lie

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 04:37 pm

Uh, Lisa, are we waiting for you?

lisapants

Re: Four truths and a lie

Postby lisapants » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:23 pm

**face palm** I completely forgot. Sorry!! I shall get right on it and think of some thing very soon.

Return to “Games”