Four truths and a lie

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

lisapants

Re: Four truths and a lie

Postby lisapants » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:37 am

I've been trying to think of something cute and clever, but that just isn't working out for me today. So here we go with:

Things I cleaned off the floor today:
1. water
2. milk
3. poop
4. toys
5. clothes
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 11:44 am

Please let it be poop. Please let it be poop. I mean, I'm guessing it's #3.

And thanks for taking time to play, if you've already cleaned that much. Of course it's afternoon where you are, so maybe it was a normal morning.

Card

Postby Card » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 01:20 pm

1. Water. Seems like it would be the easiest, so I'm picking that.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 21 Oct, 2010 09:51 am

#4 Toys.

I mean, you can pick toys up off the floor, but when you have a 3 year old and a baby, there are going to be toys on the floor all day long anyhow, so there's not much point in doing that until they're in bed.

But I guess you could maybe have to actually CLEAN a toy that was on the floor because it had food on it or something...? Oh crud, I don't know. I'm just so glad I don't have any little ones anymore; I'm not sure I was qualified to rear 7 kids Back In The Day, either.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 21 Oct, 2010 12:47 pm

And yet, our kids grew up!

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Thu 21 Oct, 2010 02:20 pm

2. Milk

Your son is about the same age as my daughter, and if he likes cereal, he is probably about as messy as she is.

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 07:26 am

And I'll go with clothes, since it's the only one left.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:46 am

My day was off to a great start when I went to get Ondipants from his room and discovered he was pretty much covered in poop. It was everywhere; on the sheets, bed, floor, etc. So into the bath tub he went, where he eventually splashed water everywhere, making big puddles on the floor. While he was in the tub, I was cleaning up in his room and getting stuff ready to wash, so I went around the house gathering his dirty clothes off the floor that also needed to be washed. Then it was time for breakfast, where Babyloo's bottle was leaking and Ondipants was finger painting on the table with his milk after he finished his cereal. Some of it made it onto the floor, too. At this point I was pretty much done, so the toys stayed on the floor for another day.

The winner is KareNin!

Card

Postby Card » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 03:12 pm

Ew... the poop was true. I'm sorry. The other day I asked my nephew who he wanted to change his diaper (he's 2). I asked if he wanted me, grandpa, or grandma. He picked me, and I made kind of an "ew" face, and he thought that was so hilarious that I was grossed out about being picked to change his diaper. But sorry, poop is gross.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:47 pm

Yes, yes it is.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 23 Oct, 2010 11:49 am

I really, really wanted the poop one to be the lie. I know it happens (don't get me started) but I really hoped that wasn't it.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:47 pm

I just came back here to see who dropped the ball, and it was KareNin! But she's traveling today, assuming A. Facebook tells the truth and B. The weather didn't detain her. And chances are she'll be hugging grandbabies and stuff while she's in California, but as soon as she has time, I vote that she should get with the truth and lies already.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 28 Apr, 2011 05:55 pm

This is maybe the 5th time I've opened up this thread with the intention of posting my 4 Truths & a Lie, but always before, I've given up in frustration and skulked away quietly, without actually posting anything.

I can't think of anything else about me that's even mildly interesting, except stuff I've already talked about. Well, I suppose it doesn't have to be interesting, just either true or false. All right. Let me see what I can do...
1. In 1970, while I was draining the spaghetti for my sister's family's dinner, the pan lid slipped and all the spaghetti went ~SPLOOP!~ down the drain into the garbage disposal. We had no more spaghetti; we were all poor back then, my sister yelled at me and cried; I cried, and my niece, who was 4 at the time, STILL reminds me about that incident when we get together.

2. When I was a child, I was around both sets of grandparents so seldom that I was afraid of all of them. I never really formed any kind of comfortable relationship with any of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins, as a kid.

3. Once in the 4th grade, we had a Fire Drill at school. I knew we were supposed to leave everything at our desks and just file out, but I could NOT face leaving the wonderful book I was reading behind to burn up in a (pretend) fire, so I grabbed it. Oh, and a tree buckeye someone had given me. Oh yeah, and my "special Zaner-Blosser mechanical pencil" I had bought in the School Office Store that morning. Then, I attempted to stop at the back of the room and explain all this to Mrs. Eversole, who really just wanted me to get the aitch outside with the rest of the class, so she began literally pushing me along with the line of not-bizarre kids.

4. Most of the time, I feel like I have either wasted or pretty thoroughly botched most of what I have tried to do in my life.

5. Last year I tried to switch over to a vegetarian-verging-on-vegan diet, and did pretty well for almost 5 months, then fell off the wagon, rolled underneath the wheels of the wagon, and ended up building a campfire with the pieces of the wagon and then, cackling insanely, eating the roasted oxen that had been pulling the wagon. Figuratively speaking.

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:03 am

I'm going to pick #2 as the lie.

And #4 is so the truth, for all of us. Not that you (or any of us) have botched it, but that we all feel like we have.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:53 am

I guess I'll pick #5. I know you did go vegetarian, and I know you moderated it a little, but I doubt that you went as crazy with it as you say.

I admire anyone who even tries to do something they feel will improve their health. I don't eat a lot of meat, and don't feel that what I do eat harms me, but even if I DID think it was harming me, I'd never have the willpower to give it up.

Card

Postby Card » Fri 29 Apr, 2011 01:31 pm

I'm going to go with #4. I hope you don't feel that way. I think generally people are too hard on themselves, so it's a possibility that you do feel that way. But I hope not.

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:27 pm

I'll guess #1.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:47 pm

I guess it's dumb to wait around and see if anyone guesses #3, which is not the lie. And Momma Snider, once more, is the WINNAHHHH!!!!! Here, for those of you who care enough to plow through all these words, are the particulars of my sorry little childhood.

1. In 1970, while I was draining the spaghetti for my sister's family's dinner, the pan lid slipped and all the spaghetti went ~SPLOOP!~ down the drain into the garbage disposal. We had no more spaghetti; we were all poor back then, my sister yelled at me and cried; I cried, and my niece, who was 4 at the time, STILL reminds me about that incident when we get together. Absolutely, 100% TRUE.

2. When I was a child, I was around both sets of grandparents so seldom that I was afraid of all of them. I never really formed any kind of comfortable relationship with any of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins, as a kid. Again, 100% TRUE. As an adult, I am fairly close with my one cousin, Carmen, but none of the rest of them. I still think this is the root of why I have so much trouble getting interested in genealogy. Just a bunch of scary strangers, to me.

3. Once in the 4th grade, we had a Fire Drill at school. I knew we were supposed to leave everything at our desks and just file out, but I could NOT face leaving the wonderful book I was reading behind to burn up in a (pretend) fire, so I grabbed it. Oh, and a tree buckeye someone had given me. Oh yeah, and my "special Zaner-Blosser mechanical pencil" I had bought in the School Office Store that morning. Then, I attempted to stop at the back of the room and explain all this to Mrs. Eversole, who really just wanted me to get the aitch outside with the rest of the class, so she began literally pushing me along with the line of not-bizarre kids. Oh, so TRUE. I was such a weird child.

4. Most of the time, I feel like I have either wasted or pretty thoroughly botched most of what I have tried to do in my life. Sadly, this is also TRUE. Even more so now that my children are all grown, but not all independent nor well-educated (2 out of 7 are), and only 1 is active in the Church. I see now so many things I should have done differently, and it's simply too late. Too late to do an awful lot of things I wanted to do.

5. Last year I tried to switch over to a vegetarian-verging-on-vegan diet, and did pretty well for almost 5 months, then fell off the wagon, rolled underneath the wheels of the wagon, and ended up building a campfire with the pieces of the wagon and then, cackling insanely, eating the roasted oxen that had been pulling the wagon. Figuratively speaking. FALSE. The first line is true, but then I exaggerated the heck out of things until it is a big, greasy, stringy, fragrant LIE. I decided I do love grilled salmon and will probably keep eating it, and other fish. Chicken makes me gag. Beef and pork too, in general. I can do without them. If I can just stay away from April's Easter Dinners of Lamb and Ham, I should be okay.

Okay, Momma S., take it away! And congrats on hitting it right on the nose!!! (stubborn ox deserved it)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 02 May, 2011 01:54 pm

Hmmm...

Things I always wanted to be:

1. I always wanted to be the principal of a school, until I realized I didn't want to work that hard. I knew the principal was our "pal" (which is how I learned how to spell it) and I wanted that, but even more I wanted to be able to punish those bad kids who teased me.

2. I always wanted to be a nurse, until I realized that I can watch myself be poked with needles, but can't watch it happen to someone else, and I most certainly could not stick a needle in anyone or anything.

3. I always wanted to be a teacher, until I realized that not all kids learn as fast as the ones I've been used to all my life, and I get scared when I try to teach a simple concept and they just can't get it. I'd be afraid I have ruined their lives forever because I couldn't get through.

4. I always wanted to be a ballet dancer, until I was in 5th grade and still hadn't taken ballet. I took dance in 4th, but it was tap and modern jazz, and the only thing I was good at was tap, which seemed pretty useless. I still don't know if my mom just knew I wasn't ballerina material, or maybe the teacher looked at me and nixed ballet.

5. I always wanted to just stay home. I never wanted to have a job outside the home (once I had kids) and never felt like I needed to "find" myself or do anything enriching or fulfilling. Never especially wanted to travel, either.

Card

Postby Card » Mon 02 May, 2011 04:36 pm

I'm going to go with #1. I don't think it sounds fun to punish kids who tease. That's some tricky stuff.

I can't stand the needle thing, either. If I can't see it, I'm okay with shots and the like, but if I ever see the needle, I get nervous. The freakiest thing was seeing a doctor take a scalpal to my neck. They'd already given me the shot so I couldn't feel it, but it was really freaky to watch.

Return to “Games”