An evening with the Food Network

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

SDR

Re: An evening with the Food Network

Postby SDR » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 12:09 am

Speaking as one that generally does not care for Food Network (or its punk upstart Cooking Channel), Alton Brown is awesome. Though he most definitely does not make me week in the knees.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:59 am

I like Rachael Ray and Paula Deen, just because I like their personalities. I don't care about their cooking one way or the other. Paula Deen's son is fairly dreamy, though.

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 09:51 am

I DO still love Alton Momma! If I had to do that Who would you... again, it would pretty much be exactly the same. Except I might have Bobby Flay do the cleanup, because while I will admit, he is attractive, he also knows it, and I can't stand his smugness. So making him do the cleanup would be nice and humiliating.

And I will agree, Momma Deen raised herself two fine looking boys. But, they're no Alton to me. :D
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 23 Feb, 2012 10:00 am

I was kind of disappointed to see that the dreamier of the two Deen sons is the one who is married. Not that I personally am in the market, but hello, I have a single daughter who loves to cook!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 12 Oct, 2012 02:29 pm

It seems like the only times I turn on the Food Network these days it's either Diners, DriveIns and Dives, or Chopped. A person can only take so much of that.

SDR

Postby SDR » Fri 12 Oct, 2012 03:08 pm

Yes, Food Network just isn't the same without fresh new episodes of Good Eats.

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:06 am

Agreed! I used to watch Food Network every day, and now it's been months, if not a years since I last watched anything on there.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:57 am

I also miss the old HGTV. When I first started watching it, in about 2001, they had a lot of how-to shows, like Room by Room and I don't remember what else. Now the only thing I ever see is variations of House Hunters.

There was a fun one of those on a while back, though. It was in Menifee, CA, which is about 10 miles from here. The husband was in a wheelchair, and that's about all I remember about him. But they showed a downtown scene, and it was not Menifee at all, but Lake Elsinore! We felt so important! And then they showed a shot of the neighborhood, supposedly the neighborhood where they bought their house, but it was MY neighborhood! The camera angle was funny, though, so we had to pause it and study it, and it still didn't quite compute, so we (my husband and daughter and myself) jumped in the car and went on a field trip to figure it out. It took three trips, coming back in between to look at the paused screen, before we reconciled it. It was an adventure!

Return to “Games”