Aunt Tilly

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 11:03 pm

I vote that InO and smeetuffe decide how to proceed.

(I'm pretty sure Aunt Tilly would want to proceed, rather than just let it drop.)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Binky

Postby Binky » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 08:33 am

What gets me is that Aunt Tilly will wear her hair in a mullet, a beehive or a bouffant, and is not adverse to sporting the occasional set of mutton chops, but despises the traditional bob, won't wear bangs and wouldn't be caught dead in a ponytail.

I also strongly suspect her of trying to steal my iHusband BeeDub away from me! She is proud to be a harridan and a slattern!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 09:02 am

And a floozy!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 11:08 am

You know, Aunt Tilly just loved Rosemary Clooney and Patti Page, but she never cared a bit for Lena Horne or The McGuire Sisters. She liked Pat Boone but hated Elvis Presley.
Later on down the musical road, she liked the Rolling Stones and Small Faces, though she personally thought Rod Stewart was freaky. A few years later, Jefferson Airplane, Canned Heat, The Flamin' Groovies, and Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen made her look fondly back on her hippie days in San Francisco.
She just couldn't get into The Beatles, or Simon & Garfunkel, or even any of Eric Clapton's ventures with Cream or Derek and the Dominoes. Heck, she just plain couldn't stand Eric Clapton, a personal failing that I, to this day, find inexcusable. Our rift over Eric is one of the many reasons I don't give a flip what Aunt Tilly thinks of me.

When she decided Tiffany and Debbie Gibson were hot, I just gave up on her. She totally blew off Celine Dion, even before she became shrill and annoying. Come to think of it, I must ask her: I bet she loves Miss Dion now.

We patched things up somewhat a few years ago, when we discovered that we both liked some of the same Country singers--most notably, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Kenny Chesney, Jo Dee Messina, Merle Haggard, and Willie Nelson. Neither of us much cares for Randy Travis or George Jones. Twangy and nasal. Blech.

I don't really know who she likes listening to these days. She seems a bit addled, really, and when I asked her if she liked Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, or Kelly Clarkson, she looked a bit confused and said they were all the same girl and of COURSE she likes someone who has three times the talent in one girl-package! When I rather timidly asked her if she liked anything Eric D. Snider had ever done musically, she snorted and began picking her nose. That tore it for me, and I politely excused myself and left her there, at the Home.

So, I'm not sure what to think about Aunt Tilly anymore.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 11:40 am

She has tattoos on her boobs and her butt, and also on her knees and feet. They appear to represent eels and hippos, and she thinks they are pretty, but they look really gross.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 05:58 pm

And if she decided to kill her hubby, she might push him off a cliff or hit him with a hammer or shoot him with an arrow, but I can't think of any kind of gun she might use. I guess she might use poison mushrooms, but they might be bitter.
\
Why in the world I'm thinking along these lines, I have no idea. My husband is still my favorite guy, I promise.

Binky

Postby Binky » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 07:49 pm

Momma Snider wrote:...but I can't think of any kind of gun she might use.

Smith & Wesson, Momma. Smith & Wesson.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 09:09 pm

That's it! Thanks, Binky!

stephsterr

Postby stephsterr » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 09:12 pm

Binky wrote:
Momma Snider wrote:...but I can't think of any kind of gun she might use.

Smith & Wesson, Momma. Smith & Wesson.

Or maybe a bazooka?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 09:56 pm

Or even an assault rifle... (She secretly thought Mikhail Kalashnikov was a brilliant Russian, but because it was 1947 and the world was different back then, she never seriously gave him a second glance, and if you asked her, she'd deny that she liked him.)

InOregon

Postby InOregon » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 10:24 pm

Momma Snider wrote:Question: do we keep playing this particular aspect and then lose this fun thread, or do we eventually find some other category?

I think Aunt Tilly would want us to carry on as we are currently, but she would hate for it to get boring, so it appears we are at an impasse. I hope she's happy!
"reading is polushun. someday it will kill me."

My Bonnie lies over at Flickr.

Binky

Postby Binky » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 06:47 am

Auntie Tee is also a devotee of rappers like Snoop Dogg, Nelly and Missy Elliott, and is particularly nutty for rappers' grills. She wanted a grill for her own teeth, but doesn't like gold or diamonds. So she made hers out of brass and glitter.

smeetuffe

Postby smeetuffe » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 07:22 am

Aunt Tilly was most frustrating. She said she was going to come see me perform in Assassins but reneged when she remembered it was a musical. (She also told me that she's not a fan of Sondheim. I've decided not to spill the beans on Sweeney Todd. She loves Sweeny so much, she once took off for Fleet Street.)
"Pretty isn't beautiful... Pretty is what changes. What the eye arranges is what is beautiful."

-Sundayinthe Park with George

Ryan Reeder

Postby Ryan Reeder » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 01:38 am

I just heard about Miss Tilly, and introduced myself to her. She didn't appreciate that--though she was pretty appreciative when I shook her foot. For some reason, she seemed to prefer that to her hand.

She didn't like it when I mentioned that someone here had called her old--she prefers to be called a fossil.

I noticed that in addition to not liking Eric's comedy stylings, she was also not fond of Dr. Demento, Tom Lehrer, or "Weird Al" Yankovic. I didn't think she liked any musical comedians, but it turned out she was passionate about Robin Williams. On further inquiry, I found that while she liked him in "Aladdin" and "Flubber," she didn't care for "Man of the Year," "RV," "Mrs. Doubtfire," or "Mork and Mindy"--though she thinks that show might be better as "The MMs." Naturally I asked what other actors/movies she liked. Will Smith was one--though she really only liked "Bagger Vance" and "The Pursuit of Happyness." Biggest fan of Harry Potter I've ever seen--though she didn't start liking the books until "Half-Blood Prince" and "Deathly Hallows." She actually doesn't care for J. K. Rowling personally. Doesn't like Dumbledore, Snape, Ron or Hermione--but does like Neville and Ginny.

She appears to be one of those people who call me by my last name, Reeder,--which is all good (a phrase she uses incessantly). She has an aversion to saying Ryan.

My impression? Overall--dissentive. Bitter, yet still sweet; shallow, yet still deep; immoral and corrupt, yet still good. For some reason though, that wasn't weird or strange in the slightest.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 05:36 pm

(That was KILLER, Reeder. Good call.) :wink:

Kiersten

Postby Kiersten » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 12:32 am

Aunt Tilly, eh? She once told me she was fond of Rodgers and Hammerstein, which caused a slight argument, because while she firmly believes Hammerstein is the genius of the group, I prefer Rodgers. Strangely, though, the only show of theirs she likes is Cinderella. We share a mutual hatred of Oklahoma and State Fair.

She's a bit of an eccentric kook, though. For instance, she'll only wear maroon, yellow, and green---never blue, red, white, black, or even brown. She'll wear dresses, but never skirts or pants, and she absolutely refuses to wear nylons, but leggings are okay.

She's a huge fan of Footloose, but oddly, she hates Kevin Bacon. Sean Connery, however, is near and dear to her heart, especially, she told me, in Moonraker. When I told her that was Roger Moore, not Connery, she shrugged and said, "Still good."
"And then I fell. My head got hurt like Wash. I only fell is all."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 06:51 pm

Aunt Tilly likes babies. You wouldn't think so, but think about it: they sleep, poop, pee, weep, and guzzle their bottles.

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 07:04 pm

She's weird.

She hates money but loves dollars. Hates coins, but loves pennies.

Who's like that? Someone who hates being unique, but loves being odd, that's who.
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 08 Aug, 2007 07:53 pm

That pretty much describes your Mommy too, DeeBeeDout.

But Aunt Tilly, now, the woman is maddening. Turns on the TV as soon as she gets up in the morning, while she's brewing her coffee. (As soon as people started regularly calling Latter-day Saints "LDS" or "Mormons," she bailed. Won't even speak to her bishop.)

She will spend hours watching old episodes of "Hee Haw," "The Andy Griffith Show," "Happy Days," "Petticoat Junction," and anything starring Donna Reed. She just loved Eddie Haskell on "Leave It To Beaver," but she'd leave the room when any of the other characters were onscreen. About the only current programming she can stand is "Montel Williams" and "Ellen." None of the "CSI" dramas, or the "American Idol" or its imitators interest her in the least.

She enjoys knitting (was that already mentioned? I'm getting forgetful in my dotage) and cross-stitch, and has recently become interested in rubber-stamping, especially in relation to her scrapbooking. But as for plain sewing or crocheting, she can't be bothered.

The dear old thing is planning to get another tattoo!! This time she wants a sheep, smack-dab on her left butt-cheek. When I acted shocked, and remarked that she didn't seem at all sheep-like, she just grinned and said,
"BAAAAAAAAA."

*shakes head sadly*

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:17 pm

She likes to play ball, but she won't run bases or go for a touchdown. She will shoot hoops, though. And she likes Little League. She'll also shoot pool, and go swimming in a pool, too, even though she's really too flabby to be seen in a bathing suit. Too much belly, really. She should really switch to diet root beer instead of the real thing.

Return to “Games”