Parallel universes

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

robcan2

Parallel universes

Postby robcan2 » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:30 am

Someone posted a comment on an old Snide Remarks article, Airline Fracture. In the article, Eric mentions a parallel universe where apes evolved from men and horses ride on people. In the comments, he listed, "where houses live in people, where computers type on people, where shoes wear people, where babies eat dingoes, where cows milk people, etc."

I can hardly wait to use, "Maybe in a parallel universe where babies eat dingoes" the next time my boss asks me to do something impossible.

So here's the game...come up with the best parallel universe.

Here are some that I came up with. I bet you all could come up with better.

Where fire hydrants pee on dogs
Where statues defile birds
Where smart people write letters to Raven-Symone
Last edited by robcan2 on Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:09 am

Where the doctor tells me I need to eat more.

Where kids give their parents money.

Where teenagers really do know everything.

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:13 am

Where I get paid what I'm worth.

Where I get to rest on Sundays.

Where "Parallel" is spelled correctly in the game that I play. :)
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:15 am

Karenins_SuperSon wrote:Where "Parallel" is spelled correctly in the game that I play. :)

Oops. Okay, it's fixed :wink:

fairyshasha

Postby fairyshasha » Thu 06 Sep, 2007 11:06 pm

Where the sunny days in Seattle are on the weekends.

Where the government pays me to live in my own house.

Where the Mothers in Fairy tales are all alive -and very helpful.
I had a baby this year. Three girls total now!

Mikkah

Postby Mikkah » Fri 07 Sep, 2007 01:25 am

In Soviet Russia, planes fly you!

(Not really a parallel universe idea since it's a big 'internet' geekdom phrase now)

Where rich people were rich because they deserved it.

Where Teachers, Fire-Fighters, and Police officers got paid and respected the way they should while the Lawyers got abolished, Doctors pay for their clients, and Athletes, Actors, and Actresses worked because they love doing it and not complain that 2.5 million an episode/game is too little! >.<
----
-A new custom sig every time. Gotta read 'em all!

skye72

Postby skye72 » Fri 07 Sep, 2007 02:59 pm

Where kids are helpful and non-whiny and clean up without being asked and self-potty trained and instantly go to sleep at bedtime and stay asleep until 8 am.

:wink:

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 06 May, 2010 10:28 am

Where we actually learn our lessons from listening to other people instead of having to make all our own mistakes.

Momma Snider

Re: Parallel universes

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 08:30 am

I'm looking through all these threads to find interesting ideas, and since I can't remember much of anything these days, I'm enjoying being reminded.

I don't have anything to add to this one, except that I am really intrigued by the concept of a parallel universe. There are a few major milestones in my life that would have changed everything, and since I love my life (for the most part) I wonder how it would have gone. Most of those milestones were things I should not have done, so I'm happy that the Lord can take mistakes and make them into something good.

Momma Snider

Re: Parallel universes

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 29 Sep, 2015 11:05 am

I've been thinking about this again, maybe because of our anniversary today. When I met Rocky, I was living with some people I didn't even especially like. I was staying there to "hide my shame," because I was having a baby which I was then putting up for adoption. These people were friends of an old friend, and they had a spare room and were expecting a baby at the same time. They argued a lot, the husband was domineering and bossy (we weren't allowed to turn on the heat until he came home from work and deemed it necessary) and she smoked two packs a day, in the house. I didn't have a car, and they lived far from anything worth walking to. I did walk to the library sometimes, but it was over a mile. They didn't own a book. Seriously. They would go to the swap meet every Sunday, so I was home alone all day, and there was literally nothing in the house to read. One day they bought a box of paperbacks to resell the next week, and I got a book out of there called "Seventeenth Summer." It was written by a teenager, but it was so good, so lyrical and sweet, even though it was old-fashioned even for me. I still have it.

Anyway, she had her baby on my due date, and I had mine 2 1/2 weeks later (!) and the adoption thing went fine. Very hard for me, of course, but I knew it was the best thing for the baby. (We reconnected 30 years later, and all is well.) But about six week before that, I met Rocky. He happened to stop by, having known the husband in his old neighborhood as a kid, and we hit it off. He left for North Carolina the next day, intending to stay there for a year or so, but came back (hitchhiked) after a couple of months because he kept thinking about me. In the meantime, I bought a guitar, a Yamaki, and named it Rocky Yamaki. When he got back, he called me, and the party started!

SO many things could have been just a little bit different, or a lot, and I don't see any way I could have met Rocky. As I said before, I just love how God can take even major misbehaviors and, with our efforts to improve, fix everything. Even Rocky stopping by that house was a fluke. He hadn't talked to those people in months, maybe years. But he was mine and I was his, and now we're living happily ever after!

Return to “Games”