But I thought...

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

KMD

Re: But I thought...

Postby KMD » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 09:12 am

But I thought raising boys is easier than raising girls!
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 09:54 am

SOME boys and SOME girls!

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 01:10 pm

The way I hear it, girls are easier to raise when they are small, but then the teen years hit, and boys are supposed to be much easier to raise.

mostly I just wanted to post something new for Momma. Hi Momma! Don't be lonely, a bunch of us are still here, we're just being all quiet-like.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 01:17 pm

Thank you! I appreciate that!

One thing to watch out for with teenage boys: it seems reasonable that girls are harder at that age, because they have their hormones and they cry and have drama with their friends and stuff, but remember that boys also have hormones. They don't act as outwardly emotional, but sometimes that can be even harder on them, because they don't have the release of torrents of tears that girls can produce. I don't especially remember any of my boys having issues, but I've known of a lot who just get really withdrawn and moody.

SDR

Postby SDR » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 01:23 pm

Just because raising your son is proving challenging doesn't mean that girls would have been easier. Just think how much more difficult it could be!

Okay, that's not very comforting. Good thing I mainly communicate with computers instead of people...

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 03:49 pm

LOL! It's at least as helpful as my mom's advice, which is always "What if it were two? Just think how much harder it would be if you had two??" Which I am sure she says just to remind me that she raised two girls and didn't have nearly the problems that I seem to be having, therefore she is a much better mother.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 06:44 pm

I'm glad you had LOL there, so we know you don't fall for that. No two kids are alike, and it seems like nearly every family has at least one difficult child. You just had yours first!

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 09 Apr, 2014 07:55 pm

What's so funny is, when I first had him, everyone asked if I would have another, and I always answered "No, I got it right the first time!" Now I'm thinking the reality is, God knew I could only handle the one, when the one is this particular kid. When I get frustrated & overwhelmed and feeling like I'm a terrible mom, I just try to take a breath and remember God put us together for a reason. I am not perfect, but God decided I was the right mommy for him. And who am I to argue to God?

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:15 am

I was going to say that exact thing yesterday, only someone wanted me to work or something, so I had to quit! I believe with all my heart that God knew what he was doing when he placed families together. He knew you would find the strength and the resources to deal with this.

Return to “Games”