Interesting "birthday present" for President Hinck

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

Eric's Fat Brother

Interesting "birthday present" for President Hinck

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:14 am

I just got a forwarded email, and while I generally NEVER send out forwards, I actually did send this one (after cleaning it up so as to be as unannoying as possible). Here's what it said:

As you all know, this June 23rd is Pres. Hinckley's 97th birthday. He has been such a wonderful example for all of us and I think that it is time we pay him back! One thing that he is known and remembered for is the construction of so many temples around the world. I was thinking that it would be a wonderful idea if every member possible attended the temple the week of June 23 as a way of honoring and thanking Pres. Hinckley for all his years of service to the church. This is NOT a church sponsored activity, but just a personal thing that I'd like to suggest, so, if you're interested in participating and helping this to happen, please forward this email to as many people that you know and let's see what a difference we can make! I figure that between all of us, we can cover a lot of the country and maybe the world. Thanks for your help!

Here's what I said in my email when I sent it: "I don't really think people should need a special reason to attend the temple, but overall I think the potential coolness outweighs the other stuff." That sums it up. In theory, at least one-fourth of all temple-recommend-holders should be planning on going that week anyway, because of course we all go at least once a month. But just in case some of us don't already have our monthly temple trip planned, it might be kind of cool to have the temples bursting at the seams for President Hinckley's birthday.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

saltamonte

Postby saltamonte » Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:39 pm

I'll be working there, so no problem.

Salt

Return to “Religion”