Tithing

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

Momma Snider

Re: Tithing

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:55 pm

Rob, do you think you'll keep doing it that way when they're teenagers? I used to be so jealous of my friends who would be able to just ask their parents for money to go to a movie or buy a record or whatever, because I always had to budget for it. I guess if you have plenty of other jobs available, it would be the same thing, but the older they get, the more they need/want.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:54 am

I'm not sure, but we probably will. As they get older, there will be more jobs that they can do. Right now they can't mow the lawn or wash the car, but I'd probably pay them to do that when they're older. If they ask for money to go to a movie or something like that, I'd probably say sure, here is a list of things you can do to earn it.
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Card

Postby Card » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:11 pm

Hmm... I never got paid for chores either. These philosophies are very interesting to read. I can see good lessons that can come from any of these techniques, even the one where they don't earn any money and have to ask for it. It's funny because in this thread I feel like sometimes when people comment, they are commenting in such a way that sounds like they think that they have the only right way to do these things. I don't think there is a right way or right answer that can be attributed to every person, family, and family situation or tithing situation. I guess I'm just glad for differences of opinion and different personalities and for the ability to choose for myself.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:46 pm

Yeah, each family needs to decide what works best for them. My method is the best one, but that's just my opinion. Of course, my opinion also happens to be the correct one. :)
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:17 pm

Yup, parents have to do what's best for them as well as for their kids. I think one of my reasons for wanting to do regular allowances was so I knew exactly when I'd be expected to shell it out, and how much. I'm persnickety like that.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:45 pm

I echo what Rob said.

With the exception that we have differing methods and views, but mine is the right one. :D
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:06 pm

The only part I know I am right about is that it's important to teach kids to pay tithing when they're young and teachable. Everything else is just my opinion. :-)
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Sat 22 Sep, 2012 11:40 am

Especially given the topic of this thread, I think Jeff is right again.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sat 22 Sep, 2012 05:02 pm

He usually is; have you noticed? Somebody done raised that boy right.

(But my opinion is still the only one that's MORE correct than Rob's.)
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Card

Postby Card » Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:56 pm

Hahaha... love it. I do think it's important to teach about tithing when kids are young, too. And about money and money management. These are all very good things.

Return to “Religion”